Trades 2024 Fantasy Round 12 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Playing with the idea of going a week early on getting Heeney in for my third trade. No one really stands out as a trade in, and I have 21 playing this week pre-trades. I'll do a rookie shuffle to bring in Richards and Harrison probably from the Pies for a couple of red dots, but thinking Reid to Heeney makes sense since Reid's topped out his price and gives me a leg up from next week in terms of trades.

21 starters including some loops.. 22 if I trade xerri which I'm thinking I might not till gawns bye. My kingdom for a def rookie, christ..

Zilliams to Dow (580k budget otherwise)
Or
Macrae to Day (753k budget otherwise)?

Feel like I need to get Richards and McAuliffe in for their cash gen from Drury and Laz

Zilliams playing fwd against Port could be a disaster, and he's not scoring 4 goals every week...
But then Macrae is just spudding it up

Thoughts?

Outs depend on teams but likely Graham, Garcia & Windsor

Triple down to McAuliffe, Freijah and Harrison - keep the cash gen going whilst banking ~500k

Targets off their bye: Fisher, Gulden, Whit

Currently have Windy and Macrae out for 2 rookies, leaving me with close to a mil for my 3rd trade and next week.
Either Graham/Howes/Thomas to Daicos or Day is what im thinking right now for my 3rd trade. Thomas to Daicos leaves me with 350k, the others leave me with even more cash.
I need to own Daicos and hes better for my bye structure being a R15 defender, but Day is better value.

Ill probably end up getting some random POD like Ridley or something like I usually do though :handok:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very early trade thoughts:

Bonner out (moved to wing and seems to be out of Ross' favour now, won't be anywhere near top 6 defenders)
Salem in (back to his juicy half back role, very cheap and will gain a lot of cash up to his bye, if he does well enough over the next 2 weeks i might even keep him)

Petracca out (didn't get fwd status like i thought he would, isn't anywhere near top 8 mid)
Dunkley in (deadset top 8 mid, has a nice run after his bye)

Hardeman out (really doesn't look like getting a game, need to fix up defence rooks)
any defender under 500k (will probably go all the way down to a 200k rook that debuts this week, but possibly looking at Hind however its very risky)

I'm only able to do these trades because I have so many playing this week (currently 21 before trades if everyone from last week plays). Definitely need to get in a round 12 bye pure midfielder (have none of Gulden, Green, Dunkley) and I think Dunks is the best of the bunch.

Currently 53rd overall. Trades this week:
  • H Reid > rookie
  • Clohesy > Jordan Clark
  • Macrae > Will Day
As any good Fantasy coach does I've been overthinking my bye trade plans, detailed below.

I've managed to get to a team of 22 "premiums" now (some are borderline like Sharp and Sexton, but close enough).

Bench isn't too bad: Graham, Zach Reid, Jhye Clark, Reville, Freijah, Barnett, Garcia + new rookie from this week.

If all goes to well, I'm looking to only trade premiums and not touch my bench throughout the bye period. My plan with example trades as follows:

Rnd 12: 19 premiums playing, 3 on bye. Trade Sharp, Sinclair, Oliver > McKercher, Zorko, Whitfield

Rnd 13: 19 premiums playing, 3 on bye. Trade Crouch, Sexton, Wanganeen-Milera > Green, Rozee, Powell

Rnd 14: 18 premiums playing, 4 on bye. Trade Bont, Day, Baker > Merrett, Anderson, Caldwell

Rnd 15: 19 premiums playing, 3 on bye.

Should have a couple of rookies playing each week as well.

Sexton trade might be to a ruck instead with Barnett swinging forward, with the ruck able to cover Gawn/Marshall over Rnd 14/15.

Looking forward to the byes, should be a fun challenge!

Powell -> Richards
Rogers -> Freijah
Hardeman -> McAuliffe

5 rookies on field, full 22

Get the cash going

Last edited:
Very early trade thoughts:

Bonner out (moved to wing and seems to be out of Ross' favour now, won't be anywhere near top 6 defenders)
Salem in (back to his juicy half back role, very cheap and will gain a lot of cash up to his bye, if he does well enough over the next 2 weeks i might even keep him)

Petracca out (didn't get fwd status like i thought he would, isn't anywhere near top 8 mid)
Dunkley in (deadset top 8 mid, has a nice run after his bye)

Hardeman out (really doesn't look like getting a game, need to fix up defence rooks)
any defender under 500k (will probably go all the way down to a 200k rook that debuts this week, but possibly looking at Hind however its very risky)

I'm only able to do these trades because I have so many playing this week (currently 21 before trades if everyone from last week plays). Definitely need to get in a round 12 bye pure midfielder (have none of Gulden, Green, Dunkley) and I think Dunks is the best of the bunch.
I didn't watch the St Kilda game, but did notice Bonner only had 2 marks??? Was going to hold him, but I don't know now.
If I trade Bonner, I would be trading someone that is actually playing and will only be able to field 21 players, which includes 9 rookies.

Last edited:
I didn't watch the St Kilda game, but did notice Bonner only had 2 marks??? Was going to hold him, but I don't know now.
If I trade Bonner, I would be trading someone that is actually playing and will only be able to field 21 players, which includes 9 rookies.
I’m holding Bonner now. Worth holding out til round 15 I think. Shouldn’t lose too much money and will guarantee you a player on field til the last bye.

I’m holding Bonner now. Worth holding out til round 15 I think. Shouldn’t lose too much money and will guarantee you a player on field til the last bye.

Yeah absolutely worth holding till his bye.

I see a lot of people trading out Harley Reid... :eyes:

He is playing at home this week against St Kilda. That has ceiling game written all over it. Wouldn't be surprised if he tons up.
He showed patches of brilliance again. His big problem is his teammates are not giving it to him when they should - wonder if there is some HarelyEnvy in the side yet?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back