Trades 2024 Fantasy Round 12 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Wait for his bye imo, then decide. He will keep getting tags, GWS lifted the tag late and Stewart saved his score
It suits me to go Graham/Howes to a defender around this price, which is why I thought of it. Might wait to see if Graham comes back before making a decision.

I think there's not much point thinking about trades until we see the rookie situation on Thursday.
Can still designate a couple of downgrades thatll be finalised on thursday/friday. Doesnt really matter this week tbh
Main thing is picking which guys you trade out and planning who to get next week imo

Can still designate a couple of downgrades thatll be finalised on thursday/friday. Doesnt really matter this week tbh
Main thing is picking which guys you trade out and planning who to get next week imo
Exactly, got to at least have a plan and calculate that it can work OK come Thursday (then throw the whole bloody plan out because someone said something hair-brained that in that moment you thought was brilliant....)

Wil Parker (Coll) looked OK when he came on for the big pelican Cox - anyone else think he could (a little could) hold this week?

Pretty set on this at the moment.
1716764424953.jpeg
It might seem strange but it gives me good cover for the byes and Salem/Hind are just money makers. Hind is definitely a risk but happy to sideways to Aleer if he’s starting sub.
Thinking it’s time to take some risks even though I’m sitting at 383.
Next week I’m looking at bringing in T.Green and Fisher.

Reasoning:
Need a downgrade (technically it’s an upgrade) for Howes and Hind has a BE of 9. He will definitely make money and I have no other red dots besides Barnett. Will be nice to cover Sheez this week and Young the week after.

McKauliffe is simple, downgrade.

Salem I think is a bit of a trap but I rate him for some good 80’s. Might even just be a two week play to generate some cash as it seems like Clohsey price has come to a halt.

Last edited:
Upgrade plans assuming no injuries

R12 Dawson
R13 E Richards
R14 Rozee (pending)
R15 Zorko
R16 next best fwd

Would leave like this coming out of byes

Sheez Daicos Martin NWM Dale Richards
Zez Dawson Dunks Steele Serong Green Rozee Oliver
Gawn Xerri
Zorko Heen Flanders Fisher Sexton ?

Oliver and Sexton will probs need to go by then

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After starting Salem earlier this year, strongly advise people to not go there if you don't want stress in your life! While their next two before the bye looks good for him, post bye it's much more bleak.

After starting Salem earlier this year, strongly advise people to not go there if you don't want stress in your life! While their next two before the bye looks good for him, post bye it's much more bleak.

I assume it'd be a Bye specific play.

IMG_8681.jpeg

McAullife for Windsor - $$$ maker

Sullivan for Garcia - a little less sure about, will he be in the team long enough and generate enough $$$ to justify

Hind for Ramdsen - $$$ again and I need forwards over this bye round

Already have Joe Richard$

I don't really know what trades to do. I'll be doing a couple of rookie fix ups with Garcia and Marty Hore. Hopefully a couple of decent rookies are named. Final trade will likely be Windsor out. Tossing up between grabbing someone like Sweet to cover Xerri and take me to 22 for the week, or depending on how much cash I make from the downgrades someone like Crisp or Day could be possible.

View attachment 2002085

McAullife for Windsor - $$$ maker

Sullivan for Garcia - a little less sure about, will he be in the team long enough and generate enough $$$ to justify

Hind for Ramdsen - $$$ again and I need forwards over this bye round

Already have Joe Richard$
What makes u think hind wont be su again. 80% of his games he has been sub this year.

So this might be an obvious question for a more experienced DT'er. My bench cover currently isn't great in terms of red dots.
So am I better off trading out high pricers who have the bye like Gulden, Heeney and Sheezel to last bye round players like Dawson, Nasiah. Then gradually transition out the final bye round players into players who have already had the bye over the next few weeks.
OR
Take a hit on four high value players first round and fix up the dots ?

So this might be an obvious question for a more experienced DT'er. My bench cover currently isn't great in terms of red dots.
So am I better off trading out high pricers who have the bye like Gulden, Heeney and Sheezel to last bye round players like Dawson, Nasiah. Then gradually transition out the final bye round players into players who have already had the bye over the next few weeks.
OR
Think of what you want your team to look like at the end of the Byes. With 3 trades over 4 weeks, it's easier to get a good upgrade each week. You should be able to achieve 4 true upgrades over the next 12 trades, or 5 half upgrades if you need to spread your team out.

Take your best 22 from last week and find the 4 weekest players in that lineup. It's probably 3-4 rookies and maybe some midpricers like Powell, Bonner, Oliver, Sweet etc. Your goal should be to upgrade those across the byes.

So you should be focussing on trades that: 1) get players on field over the byes; 2) generate you cash; and 3) upgrade your side long term. Moving premiums like Heeney, Gulden and Sheezel on do not achieve 3 and may not achieve 2 if you're just going sideways.

The conservative approach would be to clean up your red dots this week and attack into next week with some cash in the bank. A hybrid approach might be cleaning up a couple of red dots and moving one of Gulden / Heeney / Sheezel to an underpriced premium that you like. Problem is, that premium is going to have a Bye across the next 3 weeks anyway so you're not really improving your total number of players on field over the byes unless you are particularly light in one bye round.

I don't really know what trades to do. I'll be doing a couple of rookie fix ups with Garcia and Marty Hore. Hopefully a couple of decent rookies are named. Final trade will likely be Windsor out. Tossing up between grabbing someone like Sweet to cover Xerri and take me to 22 for the week, or depending on how much cash I make from the downgrades someone like Crisp or Day could be possible.
If just an issue for this week then don’t need to push Sweet, unless you are fielding him for a few weeks?

OR
The byes don’t change the overall strategy of holding premiums and doing upgrades as you go.

so unless you are very imbalanced (lots of premiums one week, nil/few another bye week), then leave those in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back