Trades 2024 Fantasy Round 8 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be trying to get rid of Jacko now that Darcy is back and sweet is a perfect opportunity to do that. Downgrade Jacko, upgrade in to an area of need ?
Thanks mate, yep will be punting Jacko instead of Sharp now. Only really have enough to bring in a Dale and ride his projected price rise and hopefully he can punch out an 80+ odd with Richards back in DEF.

Thanks mate, yep will be punting Jacko instead of Sharp now. Only really have enough to bring in a Dale and ride his projected price rise and hopefully he can punch out an 80+ odd with Richards back in DEF.
Scratch that, I have done the following...

Screen Shot 2024-05-03 at 1.37.41 pm.png Screen Shot 2024-05-03 at 1.40.30 pm.png

Bringing in another big dog into the MIDs. Fell short of Zerrett and had to choose between Walsh and Serong - who both have great matchups this round.

Thanks for the advice lad, will punt Jacko for sure given his BE. Unfortunately can't loop Reid/Graham as I don't have a loophole, but would've been nice!
I was thinking you loop Robert’s @ D7 with graham or clohesy using Reid.
Robert’s in the wet may be a problem

You trade Robert’s oh
Could loop Mckerch just in case

Take Sweet's 88 and trade Xerri to Merrett (means starting Dempsey)
or
Trade Dempsey to Macrae (means starting Sharp)

Essentially:
88, Dempsey, Merrett
vs
Xerri, Sharp, Macrae

The sub risk of Dempsey makes me lean towards the first option, however if he isn't sub then I feel Merrett will make up the difference.
Thoughts?

Who do I trade out between: Lazzaro, Jhye Clark and Seth Campbell?
  • Lazzaro has been dropped
  • Clark is named, but could be starting sub or subbed off and has high BE. He costs about $100k less though so trading him means I might be short of $100k next week to upgrade.
  • Campbell has reached his peak but is named on field

• Clark is named, but could be starting sub or subbed off and has high BE
Clark is bleeding hard cash. Even not being the sub I doubt he reaches BE

• Clark is named, but could be starting sub or subbed off and has high BE. He costs about $100k less though so trading him means I might be short of $100k next week to upgrade.
Lazzaro for mine. Clark isn't worth anything. Eventually he will bottom out and start again. Lazzaro is in and out, sub chance any given week and has enough cash on him to get an upgrade.

I dunno, I have him & Marshall. I think I might hold the trades back and see if any other news pops.
Norf should be an easy kill too which makes it even more difficult.
Steele had a scan a couple of weeks ago (correlates with form dropoff). Marshall scanned yesterday.

Can't give too much detail for obvious reasons but all I will say is Marshall is in better shape than Steele. Both nowhere near 100%.

Steele had a scan a couple of weeks ago (correlates with form dropoff). Marshall scanned yesterday.

Can't give too much detail for obvious reasons but all I will say is Marshall is in better shape than Steele. Both nowhere near 100%.
Looks like I need some new roosters!

Probably low priority trades but would not expect any consistency from Steele until he addresses his issue. Could pump out a decent score every now and then.

Marshall should be fine, needs time more or less.
I'll try and pick him back up after he gets going again. B/E of 158 so I'd imagine he wont get any dearer for a bit.

+1 for Clark. Lazarro might get you a better upgrade but he's useful as a loop option. Clark serves no purpose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lazzaro for mine. Clark isn't worth anything. Eventually he will bottom out and start again. Lazzaro is in and out, sub chance any given week and has enough cash on him to get an upgrade.
Clark is bleeding hard cash. Even not being the sub I doubt he reaches BE
+1 for Clark. Lazarro might get you a better upgrade but he's useful as a loop option. Clark serves no purpose.
Originally was trading out Campbell, but I assumed Lazzaro was playing and Clark not. Lazzaro gets dropped and Clark gets named and Seth now becomes the obvious one to keep.

At this stage, I'm leaning towards trading out Clark. It does give the option to change the trade to Dempsey if Dempsey is named sub instead of Clark. The only player I plan to loop is Roberts in the midfield, so if he plays terrible, there won't be any point of a non-playing player.

I've ram the numbers, and to get rozee to serong next week I need 100k. Which means I gotta trade Roberts this week over sharp

Is it worth it to get serong next week? Otherwise I need a sub 910k player for rozee next week

I've ram the numbers, and to get rozee to serong next week I need 100k. Which means I gotta trade Roberts this week over sharp

Is it worth it to get serong next week? Otherwise I need a sub 910k player for rozee next week
Surely Serong won't reach his BE and will drop in price?

For next week, do I target a Green, Serong or Gulden via a Bonner upgrade, or try to fix the forward line which includes Dempsey, Reid and Wilson.

I think Sharp outscores Roberts this week given the conditions in Sydney and the forward pressure that the Giants apply.

I'm getting off Roberts this week and feel fine about it.

For next week, do I target a Green, Serong or Gulden via a Bonner upgrade, or try to fix the forward line which includes Dempsey, Reid and Wilson.
Probably dependent on what they all do this week I think. Bonner has the Hawks next week (as does Wilson obv). Dempsey at home against Port (not as ominous given their injuries and if he lines up on Burgoyne). Reid has Collingwood for his first game at the G and you'd reckon he would want to have a good one at the spiritual home of footy.

Maybe they are all holds?

Yup taken that into consideration and did projections.

Need Clark gone as he's sub again, then that coin on rozee. Done all the numbers
Is that confirmed?

I reckon Rozee will only miss 1 game. They made it sound like it was a minor issue that would've resolved in a week had he not played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back