Trades 2024 Fantasy Round 9 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not convinced by Sinclair. Too many seagulls in St.Kilda's backline to steal his points
He was playing mid on the weekend, 72% CBAs. I think thatll drop and he will go outside a bit more, Dow and Hunter Clark are both a chance to come into the side to take those CBAs, and Liam Henry to take some more of that outside ball.

I can see why people want to jump, with his low BE and coming off a huge score, but hes priced at 96 in a side with more people trying to take his points than in the past. Hes gone 102/103 the last 2 years, I cant see him going above that this year at this stage. 5 points of upside isnt enough for me when Daicos is likely a better value option

He was playing mid on the weekend, 72% CBAs. I think thatll drop and he will go outside a bit more, Dow and Hunter Clark are both a chance to come into the side to take those CBAs, and Liam Henry to take some more of that outside ball.

I can see why people want to jump, with his low BE and coming off a huge score, but hes priced at 96 in a side with more people trying to take his points than in the past. Hes gone 102/103 the last 2 years, I cant see him going above that this year at this stage. 5 points of upside isnt enough for me when Daicos is likely a better value option

Best case for Daicos I've seen. Good food for thought.

Wasn't Hunter Clark injured again on the weekend at Sandy? Dow will be outside, Crouch is still some weeks away, and is Steele even fit? Biggest threat is probably Windy.

After playing around with a few trades, I think I'll hold rozee. He's done 0 extra damage to his hammy that they were confident playing him on. Doubt he misses 2 more considering he has an 18 day to his next break

So I'll just do my ballsy trades now with Williams and Yeo to Kerch and moore. Wish me luck 🥹

If I trade rozee I go Sinclair and Moore.

Wasn't Hunter Clark injured again on the weekend at Sandy? Dow will be outside, Crouch is still some weeks away, and is Steele even fit? Biggest threat is probably Windy.
Clark was listed as a test, injury report says hes expected to be available. Dow is a CBA mid not an outside player. Steele is going to be named and high in the CBAs every week unless he cant walk.
Dow and Clark probably arent in this week but they arent far away, and we arent buying Sinclair to be a 1 week hold.

Windy, Ross and Steele probably the 3 locks in there for 50%+ CBAs. Last week Sinclair took mostly Garcias CBAs from the week before. If another mid comes in, I expect Sinclair to drop back to 20% CBAs he was doing before this last week.

Regardless of what we think of the saints mid composition, I reckon Daicos has more upside on his current price so id go him, unless the plan is to get both in the nest 2 weeks in which case id go Sinclair first

Clark was listed as a test, injury report says hes expected to be available. Dow is a CBA mid not an outside player. Steele is going to be named and high in the CBAs every week unless he cant walk.
Dow and Clark probably arent in this week but they arent far away, and we arent buying Sinclair to be a 1 week hold.

Windy, Ross and Steele probably the 3 locks in there for 50%+ CBAs. Last week Sinclair took mostly Garcias CBAs from the week before. If another mid comes in, I expect Sinclair to drop back to 20% CBAs he was doing before this last week.

Regardless of what we think of the saints mid composition, I reckon Daicos has more upside on his current price so id go him, unless the plan is to get both in the nest 2 weeks in which case id go Sinclair first
From a non fantasy perspective, I think Sinclair should be a full time mid. With Seb, Steele, windy in there, they are soooo slow. They need someone with leg speed or they'll keep getting smashed.

still playing around with the following Yeo/Powell trade scenarios:
  1. Dale/Soligo
  2. Sinclair/Oliver
Option 2 sounds great, but question marks whether Sinclair/Oliver become top 8-10 in their respective lines. Not sure if Soligo becomes a top 8-10 mid, but he's value.
Need to see more from oliver

After playing around with a few trades, I think I'll hold rozee. He's done 0 extra damage to his hammy that they were confident playing him on. Doubt he misses 2 more considering he has an 18 day to his next break

So I'll just do my ballsy trades now with Williams and Yeo to Kerch and moore. Wish me luck 🥹

If I trade rozee I go Sinclair and Moore.
I think you just take it week by week with Rozee.
If you're still getting the same number of premos in if you were to trade him or not then it's a simple hold.

Everyone would have Yeo this week to move on. I've also got Williams I'm holding Rozee as a result. Only one who is a top 6-8 in his line if fit. (Yeo is too but he's done his job and too injury prone to hold).

Also Jordon Sweet under an illness cloud and has missed yesterdays and todays training

Sweating on him getting up with already having Zilliams, Green, Rozee, Yeo and traded out Xerri last week ahhh
U have got to be kidding

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree, I've been very strong on Daicos over Sinclair all week. If you take the 2023 games where Sinc had >40% CBAs, you find that he actually averages slightly LESS in the midfield (consistently so, not because of any outliers). The reason for his big score on the weekend was because he was facing North, who are famously incredibly easy to score against in the mids.

1715131064093.png

Sinclair did most of his damage around the ground though. Was back to his quarterback type role and taking up dangerous spots in the middle of the ground and they were always looking for him. Dont think the CBAs will affect his scoring too much if he gets the positions he got on the weekend

Agree, I've been very strong on Daicos over Sinclair all week. If you take the 2023 games where Sinc had >40% CBAs, you find that he actually averages slightly LESS in the midfield (consistently so, not because of any outliers). The reason for his big score on the weekend was because he was facing North, who are famously incredibly easy to score against in the mids.

View attachment 1982692

Great post and analysis mate. Those stats aren't as relevant as he was mixing his time from defence and midfield when required. Watching his highlights, Sinclair seemed to be the transition player sitting in the corridor getting plenty of marks etc. He also showed a strong inside game and great intent to tackle.

Seems like Steele is struggling so I think the saints will need Sinclair as their main man for a while. Based on his performance on the weekend, I'd be surprised if his CBA's decreased for Clarke, whom has is coming back from injury.

Unlikely Seb Ross is a lock but there's Brad Crouch to consider however if Sinclair continues to play well, it will likely be Sinclair, Crouch, Windhager with support from Ross/Clarke. Mainly as Lyon has Bonner, NWM, Battle, Hill and Wilkie using the ball well in defence.

I'd probably still opt for Daicos over Sinclair given we don't know what Ross Lyon is thinking with certainty, but think Sinclair could go on big a run for the next 3-4 games if not more if he keeps the role.

2 options this week;

Roberts -> McKercher
Yeo -> Sinclair

Or

Gallagher -> Jones/Reville
Yeo -> Daicos

Any advice?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back