Position 2024 Forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

You'd think at least one of those ends up with very little onball time. Pretty hard for 6 to get decent minutes (>30%) . Definately won't be Bont or Libba. What would you consider the pecking order atm?
It depends whether Bont is managed early at all and spends any extra time fwd, assuming not Bont / Libba / Treloar initially with Macrae / Harmes / Daniel rotating through. With the body strength I assume Harmes will be in as extractor when Libba is not there.

Sanders is the variable, you would assume he only pinch hits through there given his body will need to be managed but no idea how that plays out as yet, maybe some wing time.

You'd think at least one of those ends up with very little onball time. Pretty hard for 6 to get decent minutes (>30%) . Definately won't be Bont or Libba. What would you consider the pecking order atm?

this is last years CBA's - and your guess is as good as ours

1707190533187.png

Owens seems to be a bit of a bigfooty secret/favourite. I like him as a player, strong and a great mark. Where is the extra upside coming that make people confident he could be top 6-8?
No certainty but he hasn't played 30 games yet, but averaged nearly 80 over 22 games last year. Natural improvement coming in to his third year and midfield time would be a bonus. Forwards who are strong one on one can score well, particularly if they have a good tank, like Owens.

If he doesn't work out as a keeper, it won't be the defining mistaken pick in a SC team. Now if we had 2021 Cogs available at 250k or even Dunkley/ Butters/ Rozee at current prices he wouldn't be in serious consideration. However the pool is fairly limited this year with even a crock like Fyfe with 30% ownership.

Owens seems to be a bit of a bigfooty secret/favourite. I like him as a player, strong and a great mark. Where is the extra upside coming that make people confident he could be top 6-8?
As someone else said, seems like he is only training in the forward line.

Madness if they don't put him in the middle though - they are aging in there, and he is the future for them.

No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem
Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

Sanders & Harmes could take more mid time too. Risky.
I think even if Macrae gets full Bevo'd (never go full Bevo) he will probably still average 90 at worst which in this current forward line climate still has him top 6 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Problem is, eventually we need 6 forward premo's. Injury aside Macrae seems the safest bet. Even getting Bevo'd last year he still averaged 99.
How bad is his injury anyway?

Or maybe age is catching up too and it becomes recurring?

I’d rather Walsh, Miller or Steele at that price. Enough rookies in fwd line.
That’s my thinking, not that Macrae will score poorly just there’s better options elsewhere on the ground at the price and there’s good rookies forward. Can re-jig the team later when we have a better idea of the forward premos.

Re: the injury I wouldn’t be concerned at all - he’s running again at training today, with the rehab group but running - seems as minor a tweak as possible really. Suspect he’d be back to full fitness in the next 2 weeks.

Re: midfield time - Baz injury helps but Harmes & Sanders are legitimate concerns (and possibly Richards/Gallagher/Weightman as pinchhitters) - basically our priority is getting a bit more pace & defensive edge in the midfield and with Libba/Bont locks, Macrae is the odd one out. The Bont/Libba/Macrae trio just isn’t suitable for modern footy and the way it’s going, so whilst I’m Bevos biggest critic he’s got the right idea in phasing Macrae out.

He may just spend a bit of time off half back this year though IMO which may open up different scoring avenues - he’s just a wait and see for mine, I don’t think he’s gonna score well enough early to springboard in price so I can always bring him in later once we have a better idea on his role and probably not lose out on much

How bad is his injury anyway?

Or maybe age is catching up too and it becomes recurring?
He was doing a running session today, didn't train with the main group.
If he's running already I'm guessing the stain is pretty minor.

He was doing a running session today, didn't train with the main group.
If he's running already I'm guessing the stain is pretty minor.
He was running 48 hours after he strained it:

The 29-year-old sustained the low-grade hamstring strain on Tuesday and didn't feature in Thursday's intraclub at Maroochydore Sports Complex, completing a running session with the rehab group instead.

The people who decide on the positions really turn into campaigners when it comes to the forward line.
I don't mind it, actually makes SC interesting

If they had 3 elite forward MID/FWD everyone's forward line would look the same

Whoever nails their forward line out the gate either by undervalued premiums, mid prices or just all rookies will get a leg up on most. The rest of us will be burning trades to get players in

Remove this Banner Ad

Back