List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Fog will continue to get games until we have someone that can push him out.

Ed and Dow played 27 games between them last year.
So who is going to fill those games first? EHollands and some games from Binns, more games from OHollands?
Who do we have left (in the VFL mid) to push Fog out?
You are forgetting Corey Durdin who has had injury issues over the last two seasons. I would be very surprised if he is not pencilled in the likely best 22 going forward.

Fog certainly firmly in the mix, but his kicking lets him down. Durds kicking can be inconsistent, but is lethal and creative when “on” and can kick a goal from 50.

The right recruit can yes. Look at the impact of hodge, Mitchell and Lewis on the clubs they went too. Like I said we’re down to scraps as this hasn’t been prioritised by the list management. Which I think is a mistake.
Mitchell & Lewis hardly launched their new clubs to greater heights.
Hodge was a great tone setter, probably as good as I've seen - alongside our current coach.
I get your line of thought but just disagree with the notion that players need someone to show them how to win.
We've a reasonably experienced lineup & all experienced the intensity, the highs & lows of finals footy, they'll be better for it.

Very happy with our list.

Coming into Premiership window and no one over 31. All positons have options. We also have a great group of younger players coming through.

Next year will be interesting. A number of players out of contract, room in Salary Cap plus some Father Sons available. Players will need to perform. Good Times

..............................................................Finally :cool:
I am thinking next year we will see some aggressive trading and us targeting some premium talent. Try and put the missing pieces together. Hopefully have a surplus in some areas when it comes to genuine AFL talent.

Reckon Hollands coming in means a surplus in big bodied AFL quality mids. For all we know Cowan and Boyd will really come on and we may also have a surplus of half backs. May also have a surplus in 2nd and 3rd tall defenders.

It would be nice to think that this all means whatever we need we can go and get.

Reckon we will be in the ears of a few quicker inside mids and small forwards already.

We could be coming into a real sweet period recruitment wise.

Mitchell & Lewis hardly launched their new clubs to greater heights.
Hodge was a great tone setter, probably as good as I've seen - alongside our current coach.
I get your line of thought but just disagree with the notion that players need someone to show them how to win.
We've a reasonably experienced lineup & all experienced the intensity, the highs & lows of finals footy, they'll be better for it.
Maybe not needed as lots of clubs win it anyway. But you can’t say any of those 3 recruits wouldn’t greatly improve the chances of winning the flag this year. More so than purely focusing on more talent to an already loaded team.

Maybe not needed as lots of clubs win it anyway. But you can’t say any of those 3 recruits wouldn’t greatly improve the chances of winning the flag this year. More so than purely focusing on more talent to an already loaded team.
Mitchell, Lewis - at the stage they were at, no.
Hodge would, the problem is in finding someone comparable to one of the better leaders in recent memory.

You are forgetting Corey Durdin who has had injury issues over the last two seasons. I would be very surprised if he is not pencilled in the likely best 22 going forward.

Fog certainly firmly in the mix, but his kicking lets him down. Durds kicking can be inconsistent, but is lethal and creative when “on” and can kick a goal from 50.
Would love to see Durdin coming into the midfield, we need some more pacy midfielder, even if it's just on a rotation basis.

CDurdin still played 11 games last year.

So regardless, there will be opportunities for younger players to step up and fill the 27 games from Ed and Dow combined - and lock in as best 22 for 2024 :D

I really don’t want to “pick on Fog” he’s handy depth & tries hard. But he’s depth at best, shouldn’t be anywhere near the 22 if we are going well.
Excited that EH comes in & provides more in the middle, speed, goals & can take a grab.
Fogs position IMO is one of the biggest areas for improvement & actually a pretty simple upgrade.
Tend to agree,
But then I remember he is still young.
Too soon for us to really tell I reckon.

Interested in people's thoughts on how we go about getting the quality mid/forward in the Petracca/ Degoey mould that would complement our list nicely. Obviously H Reid would be perfect but not attainable. Maybe getting in the ear of a Humphrey from the Suns? We need to be pretty picky for the coming years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Orazio Fantasia to sign two-year deal with us, according to Mitch Cleary

Orazio Fantasia.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back