List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

And before anyone says wait for Motlop and Martin... Yeah they are half decent but they are still miles off other teams quality. Our entries inside will forever main hogwash as long as we have the smalls we have.

No leading, just standing in space getting in the way of Harry and Charlie... It's like they're part of the oppositions zone defense 😂

Not to mention I trust Newman to deliver the ball inside 50 more than I trust the players who get paid specifically to do that. No idea how we just signed Durdin on for another 2 years with him serving up what he does on a weekly basis.

Owies atleast bobs up for the odd goal but the rest of his game is woeful...

Please please please Austin, find us some other options!!!

And before anyone says wait for Motlop and Martin... Yeah they are half decent but they are still miles off other teams quality. Our entries inside will forever main hogwash as long as we have the smalls we have.

No leading, just standing in space getting in the way of Harry and Charlie... It's like they're part of the oppositions zone defense 😂

Not to mention I trust Newman to deliver the ball inside 50 more than I trust the players who get paid specifically to do that. No idea how we just signed Durdin on for another 2 years with him serving up what he does on a weekly basis.

Owies atleast bobs up for the odd goal but the rest of his game is woeful...

Please please please Austin, find us some other options!!!

Other sides will continue to improve their deficiencies whilst we continue to wait for the same old players to recover from the same old injuries.

We have been under performing since 2021 because of it. Improvement is great and all but that doesn't mean we are where we are meant to be.

Our best was good enough last year but we came from too far back as we waited for players. Looks like the same story unfolding again.

Other sides will continue to improve their deficiencies whilst we continue to wait for the same old players to recover from the same old injuries.

We have been under performing since 2021 because of it. Improvement is great and all but that doesn't mean we are where we are meant to be.

Our best was good enough last year but we came from too far back as we waited for players. Looks like the same story unfolding again.
Agree so much it hurts. Even if it meant we had to trade a player or two like Kennedy or Kemp I'd do it in a heartbeat to upgrade our smalls. Absolutely insipid from atleast 1-2 of them each week while the rest set up camp in the rehab room season after season

Ainsworth, Zurhaar, Curtis, Stengle, Hayward, Bolton, Jones, Rosas... Please just get any of them I can barely watch another game of this torture.

Agree so much it hurts. Even if it meant we had to trade a player or two like Kennedy or Kemp I'd do it in a heartbeat to upgrade our smalls. Absolutely insipid from atleast 1-2 of them each week while the rest set up camp in the rehab room season after season

Ainsworth, Zurhaar, Curtis, Stengle, Hayward, Bolton, Jones, Rosas... Please just get any of them I can barely watch another game of this torture.

I am really surprised we gave Durdin 2 years but atleast it indicates there will be some tough calls made on some of our more senior players.

Can someone explain to me why we had to move on Liam Jones. Imagine Jones in the side now allowing Weitering to intercept. Yes he is about as smart as a lamp post but could of helped us win a premiership. And what about Stocker, would be handy right now wouldn't he.

Are we here to win premierships or not?

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can someone explain to me why we had to move on Liam Jones. Imagine Jones in the side now allowing Weitering to intercept. Yes he is about as smart as a lamp post but could of helped us win a premiership. And what about Stocker, would be handy right now wouldn't he.

Because the world went mad for a period of time, nothing else to it unfortunately.

I am really surprised we gave Durdin 2 years but atleast it indicates there will be some tough calls made on some of our more senior players.
Durdin will be a player. Just needs more time and ownership of his role.
And yes, some cards likely marked already. You can’t keep too many players who are maybes, potentials or unreliable in tight list management circumstances.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jones, yes. Stocker, lol.

Dont think we need to be slower with poorer skills.

Durdin will be a player. Just needs more time and ownership of his role.
And yes, some cards likely marked already. You can’t keep too many players who are maybes, potentials or unreliable in tight list management circumstances.

Durdin has been in the system 4 years now. I don't think he will become anything more than a solid contributor, which is fine, but he's not going to be the one to transform our forward line and kick 35-40 goals and create some more.

Durdin has been in the system 4 years now. I don't think he will become anything more than a solid contributor, which is fine, but he's not going to be the one to transform our forward line and kick 35-40 goals and create some more.
He’s had plenty of time on the sidelines due to injury. He and Motlop are the keepers of our current small forwards.

He’s had plenty of time on the sidelines due to injury. He and Motlop are the keepers of our current small forwards.

Motlop has shown more and has a higher ceiling. I think he can be a super player but a bit like Durds the injuries are hurting development and ability to build an AFL body.

Don't have the exact data but I would say players who start their careers injury prone more or less remain injury prone? It is certainly an issue at Carlton. It is hard seeing other sides unearth great goal scoring options year on year whilst we wait on the same players to gain continuity, and they never really do.

Motlop has shown more and has a higher ceiling. I think he can be a super player but a bit like Durds the injuries are hurting development and ability to build an AFL body.

Don't have the exact data but I would say players who start their careers injury prone more or less remain injury prone? It is certainly an issue at Carlton. It is hard seeing other sides unearth great goal scoring options year on year whilst we wait on the same players to gain continuity, and they never really do.
Are you expecting some kind of rapid mutation fallout style to transform Durdin into AFL standard small forward? Not happening, move on.

“If you do get a new person (fitness boss), they inherit the same players,” Cook noted.

“It’s a tough one. Jack Russell has a very, very strong reputation at our footy club and he’s well-liked and we think he’s doing a great job.

It’s just unfortunate we’ve had the same players getting injured two or three years in a row. It’s just unfortunate.”

Cunners, Marchbank, Martin

Goodbye.

“If you do get a new person (fitness boss), they inherit the same players,” Cook noted.

“It’s a tough one. Jack Russell has a very, very strong reputation at our footy club and he’s well-liked and we think he’s doing a great job.

It’s just unfortunate we’ve had the same players getting injured two or three years in a row. It’s just unfortunate.”

Cunners, Marchbank, Martin

Goodbye.

Still 15 games plus possibly finals to go, but those guys would want to be available for the majority of those games to be around in 2025.

The AFL forced our hand to move Jones on when he refused to be vaccinated. They then promptly changed the rules so he could play elsewhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back