List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Motlop is a fair way in front of Durdin.
Like others l would have waited till later in the season to further assess before a 2 year extension was offered.
Opposition teams are loving us playing three small ineffective smalls almost every week.
Our poor patch last year coincided with us being forced by injuries to play all three of Owies, Durdin, and Motlop. Right now we're in much the same position, except that injury to Motlop has also forced us to downgrade him to Fantasia.

It’s hard to imagine anyone we pick up in the MSD who can make a difference this season, especially a KPD capable of understanding our defensive structure and building an understanding with the rest of the backline.

IMO we need to bite the bullet and pay a premium to get Hayward to fill the small forward void, and Jeremy McGovern as a key defender. We can send Williams to Norf, if we need to clear some cap space.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imo we need to clear some cap space and reshape our list for some balance.

Young
Williams
Owies
Fantasia
Cuningham
Martin
Marchbank

All names I'd look at, not that many other than Williams would be on a lot. Obviously not all at once but each and every one should be in the firing line for mine.

If we could get rid of them and bring in players with durability and marginal upgrades in ability/skillsets we'd be 100x better off.

Players like Ainsworth, Stengle, Hayward etc aren't superstars but at the bare minimum they provide is cohesion through durability. You get them into your 22 and we don't have to worry about these massive lulls where half our list is injured and we're forced to expose depth that's not ready.

IMO our list needs a “refresh” at the end of the year

In the meantime we need to see if we can find some hidden Gold by giving fringe or depth players a new role to see if it suits

Maybe:

Cunningham off HB
Kemp on a Wing or midfield
C.Durdin Back Pocket
Wilson on ball
Binns small forward
Monaghan HB

I have seen so many players be “transformed” by changing roles

Not sure l would say 8-9 ,out when we know every year 3-4 of those are going to miss a large portion that now is a consistent pattern.
How many games really are we going to get out of Marchbank & Martin & McGovern and Cunningham each year.
We had pretty much our best 6-8 players out there last night, we were very disappointing.
Still have to factor in our best and I’m sure most will agree these following players are either in or at least deserving of being in our best 23 when fit

Defence:
  • Saad
  • McGovern
  • Marchbank

Forwards:
  • Martin
  • Motlop
  • Fogarty
  • Silvagni

Mids:
- Docherty

Call it what you will, but remove that much class from any team and most others would be losing by much more than a goal or so. 2 points, 13 points and 6 points. That’s the 3 losses losing margin.

No need for people to be getting so upset imo

We've lost 3 games (2 to the last 2 premiers) by a combined 21 points, and we are blowing the list up again. Reminds me of BigFooty at a certain time last year...
Blowing the list up by getting rid of some of the most injury prone players in history and a couple of C graders... Dunno if it's really all that extreme is it?

We've lost 3 games (2 to the last 2 premiers) by a combined 21 points, and we are blowing the list up again. Reminds me of BigFooty at a certain time last year...

I haven’t seen ONE person blow up the list and we have LOST those games

IMO list needs some positions filled and improvement

Blowing the list up by getting rid of some of the most injury prone players in history and a couple of C graders... Dunno if it's really all that extreme is it?

Most of our guns are in their prime and good enough to win a flag. Time is NOW. Issue is we need to support them with the right players. That’s where our list lacks

I'd look at Cahill. We need a small forward that plays like a small forward.
I wouldn’t go in house tbh. He kicks plenty of 1 or 2 goal games but I’d be thinking if we wanted a forward like Cahill, you’d be hoping he would be kicking bags of 4 plus on much more occasions at those ranks than what he is currently producing. Can’t see him being better than Durdin and Corey just signed on for 2 years.

Most of our guns are in their prime and good enough to win a flag. Time is NOW. Issue is we need to support them with the right players. That’s where our list lacks
Yep x1000. Us waiting around for Cuningham, Martin, Durdin, Ollie etc is essentially just wasting years of our "window". We're not far off we just need a few tweaks and a bit of luck with a few players kicking on early and we are up to eyeballs in it.

Getting rid of the injury prone and the battlers should be priority number 1 this off season.

Martin is on absolutely stuff all, as would be Cuningham, Marchbank and possibly Gov so we don’t get much relief. It’s guys like a Kennedy and Doc who we should be talking about.

Martin in the final year of his initial contract rumoured to be 3m over 5 years. More than likely heavily front loaded but he wouldn't be on any less than the AFL average wage at 29 years old and a best 22 player.

Cuners and Marchy on one year deals I don't think would move the needle too much.

Agree that Kennedy and Doc could be tough calls that allow for some cap relief and ability to hit the FA market. I wouldn't be surprised if either move on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back