List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Good!
I wouldn't go for Charlie Cameron.
We are developing Mots and Moir.

Looks like we’ll offload Martin to bring in Hayward and that key players are prepared to delay payments or modify contracts to bring in talent
Why would we offload, Martin?
We can offload Durds and Owies!

Unfortunately it's a bit harder to give away cheap acres in the inner city. Must be hard being a cats list manager!
Buying player website domains for 250k is much easier.

Looks like we’ll offload Martin to bring in Hayward and that key players are prepared to delay payments or modify contracts to bring in talent
Fantasia, Marchbank, Cunningham, Williams, Marten will all in my books be very considered to be looked at as trade options or delistings (that would also include Mirkov and Akuei).

From those 7 can see 3-4 gone by 25.

Carlton are the front-runners to secure Sydney free agent Will Hayward as clubs circle out-of-contract Blues forward Jack Martin amid a salary-cap juggle at Ikon Park.

Martin is at the end of a five-year deal, which was heavily front-ended, and has been sought by several clubs including two interstate.
Due to a tight salary cap, Carlton’s senior players have signalled they would be open to deferring payments or modifying contracts to enable the Blues to chase players who suit their needs, whether that is Hayward or others.

Williams was a different situation - we coughed up mid money and a mid contract on a HBF who'd shown glimpses that he could maybe play in the midfield.

Hayward is being chased to play the position he's established himself in.

I'd hazard a guess that if we're offering Hayward 6 years, it's on a bit less money per year than we'd be happy to pay him otherwise. More years, less dollars, proven player in a role we need filled right now and don't have much (any) depth in.

From a LM strategy standpoint, I think it's smart. It gives us time to develop Moir, and a buffer to replace Moir with another draftee in a few years if he doesn't pan out....and to develop them.

I think Hayward is also versatile enough, and a handy enough footballer, that if Moir came on in the next couple of years and we wanted to play both, Hayward could be considered a general utility with the ability to play a wing, or even half back.
Fair assumptions.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ben Ainsworth an alternative if we miss on Hayward?

Ben Ainsworth an alternative if we miss on Hayward?
Only if we're bringing in a known goalkicker imo. Ainsworth is very much a Gryan Miers/Lachie Fogarty type who works up the ground and delivers inside 50 rather than being a target inside/known crumber.

Wouldn't mind both but think that would be close to impossible

Not sure why exactly but I just can’t see us getting Cameron.

Even Hayward seems a stretch but never know I guess.

Anyway if it’s true that we are genuinely chasing these types that’s a great sign…get these two types we become a very strong side.
Cameron turns 30 this year too. Don’t know how keen he would be to pack up and move states again too. Would still take him in a heartbeat if he’s interested

I'm surprised at the interest in Martin. Just can't get on the park enough.

He is much better than Orazio who was chased by a few clubs.

We know how good he is when he is on, we just can’t afford to carry him on his salary as he is so injury prone and it may cost us a Hayward or Stengle if I’m dreaming.

I think Port, Brisbane and Melbourne amongst others will be very interested.

Only if we're bringing in a known goalkicker imo. Ainsworth is very much a Gryan Miers/Lachie Fogarty type who works up the ground and delivers inside 50 rather than being a target inside/known crumber.

Wouldn't mind both but think that would be close to impossible
Isn't the last kick inside 50 where we often fall down?

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hayward and Cumberland and I'd be a happy campaigner.

Ready to see the back of Cunners and Martin even though I know both have ability. Can't spend every year waiting for them to get their bodies right only to be let down time and time again.

I would love to take a punt on Cumberland as I think we can carry his defensive weaknesses where Richmond cant with Martin and Bolton. He could kick 30 goals in our forward line imo.

Problem right now is list spots. Something more than Martin will have to give if we bring in two established players, two Campos and Duffy. I think we should draft at least two more kids on top of that haul. And still we won’t have solved our immediate need for a KPD.

Most important off-season in a long time.

I would love to take a punt on Cumberland as I think we can carry his defensive weaknesses where Richmond cant with Martin and Bolton. He could kick 30 goals in our forward line imo.

Problem right now is list spots. Something more than Martin will have to give if we bring in two established players, two Campos and Duffy. I think we should draft at least two more kids on top of that haul. And still we won’t have solved our immediate need for a KPD.

Most important off-season in a long time.
Think Young will be out the door and Martin, Cunners, Marchbank, Fantasia all possibly on the chopping block. Akuie, Mirkov
as good as gone imo.

I'd be going after Hayward, Cumberland and then either a project KPD like Hugh Davies from Freo or someone on the scrap heap like Dougal Howard as a stop gap while Lemmey develops.

Realistically it isn't the quality 2nd KPD that we're missing with Young, it's that he seems completely lost in our press and seemingly has 0 compatibility with Weiters. Think plenty of B graders would be more than adequate to fill that spot so long as they can work with our other defenders. Apparently Young doesn't communicate much on field re his positioning and it throws others out of whack.

Agree on Cumberland though, his offensive game is brilliant at his best, we should be fine covering his defensive deficiencies compared to Richmond with Dusty and Shai.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back