List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

I think a genuine KPD would be the most transformative for our list.

May allow Weitering a little more freedom and McGovern is not a stopper - far better suited to an intercepting role. Battle the most obvious of the potential candidates.

Would also love a Bailey Dale type, and I see Bailey Dale as the most Bailey Dale type going around. Bring on the Bulldogs implosion.

I think a genuine KPD would be the most transformative for our list.

May allow Weitering a little more freedom and McGovern is not a stopper - far better suited to an intercepting role. Battle the most obvious of the potential candidates.

Would also love a Bailey Dale type, and I see Bailey Dale as the most Bailey Dale type going around. Bring on the Bulldogs implosion.
Bailey Dale down back and pushing Boyd further afield is something I'd love to see. Can't see us picking up another HBF unless Doch or Williams retired though.

Will Hayward is quickly turning into the dream that will never happen

A LM question to think about......

What is our preferred structure likely to be when JSOS returns?

Are we going to play H Charlie JSOS and TDK in the forward line and Pitto rucking?

My preference would be to not play jsos as a forward. It would make us too tall and less mobile imo.

Furthermore - I think we could hit 2 birds with the one stone by moving JSOS to the defensive group - as a KPD partnership with Weiters.

It solves a looming forward problem and fixes a looming issue with our back group.

Thoughts?

Are we going to play H Charlie JSOS and TDK in the forward line and Pitto rucking?

My preference would be to not play jsos as a forward. It would make us too tall and less mobile imo.

Furthermore - I think we could hit 2 birds with the one stone by moving JSOS to the defensive group - as a KPD partnership with Weiters.

It solves a looming forward problem and fixes a looming issue with our back group.

Thoughts?
It is an intriguing question. I think Jack should get more time down back to make him in to a rounded Jack of all trades. However, pace is not his strong point (although faster than he sometimes looks). We need a fast closing defender to complement Weiters, so I don’t see Jack as a permanent beside Jacob at this stage. Could see him in tandem with Kemp as our second and third banana if needed or post Gov, but will be a stopgap in our current defensive mix.

The ability to seamlessly send and other option back absolutely means he should be “schooled” back there.

Jack does seem to be overlooked with most of our list management assessments and should be factored in as a “likely” best 22 player in 2025. Perhaps not as a ruck chop out a year post ACL though. He ticks many boxes as he is one of our best pressure forwards despite being 194cm. I will be surprised if we play four (sometimes five) small forwards next year.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts?
Let’s also not forget TDK is a pre agent this year. Is he good enough for the number 1 ruck role because Pitto has been enormous since his return this year.

Does he want the number 1 ruck role because when he goes forward his game is just ok imo.

Charlie, Harry, TDK and JSOS is way too top heavy for a forward line if you ask me.

Love this quote. Now WITG, please remember it when assessing our small forwards. They ain’t perfect, but as much to blame with their deployment as their own capabilities.
We've already seen our small fwds play just about every role going around and they haven't been overly good in any of them. That's the unfortunate reality.

Hayward at the right price would be a walk up start and instant upgrade

We've already seen our small fwds play just about every role going around and they haven't been overly good in any of them. That's the unfortunate reality.

Hayward at the right price would be a walk up start and instant upgrade
Hayward is a very good smart player but….

I assume H and Charlie are already on big money…so would paying a third tall big money as well ($800k or more) mean too much of our salary cap is allocated to forwards?

Hayward is a very good smart player but….

I assume H and Charlie are already on big money…so would paying a third tall big money as well ($800k or more) mean too much of our salary cap is allocated to forwards?
Will it depend if Martin stays? Also, the salary cap increases next year, so I assume that has been taken into account too

Will it depend if Martin stays? Also, the salary cap increases next year, so I assume that has been taken into account too
Yeah it may be ok - if Martin isn’t on our list and salary cap increases.

It’d be interesting to know how much some of the top 6 teams spend on forwards.

I could be totally out but I’m guessing Us and probably cats would have the highest paid KPF duos in the comp atm?

Where as most teams would have one KPF on big money and hence a bit more flexibility to bring in a Hayward type quality into their forward mix.

Haven't been able to find the origins of it on here but mention on the Freo board that theres rumours Switkowski wants out end of year... Anyone seen anything else about it?

Wouldn't solve our goal kicking issue but he and Fog would form one seriously potent pressure combo.

For the right price of course...

Haven't been able to find the origins of it on here but mention on the Freo board that theres rumours Switkowski wants out end of year... Anyone seen anything else about it?

Wouldn't solve our goal kicking issue but he and Fog would form one seriously potent pressure combo.

For the right price of course...

He would be a great pick up - terrier like tackler with real breakaway speed and ok kicking - not to mention his defection to us would make Dockers fans lose their minds.

Yeah it may be ok - if Martin isn’t on our list and salary cap increases.

It’d be interesting to know how much some of the top 6 teams spend on forwards.

I could be totally out but I’m guessing Us and probably cats would have the highest paid KPF duos in the comp atm?

Where as most teams would have one KPF on big money and hence a bit more flexibility to bring in a Hayward type quality into their forward mix.

The enigma of Jack Martin is truly represented by his remarkable mark and goal over Jake Lever in the first quarter - that pr0n star moustachioed tosser was so visibly incensed and flabbergasted that Martin had outmarked him from behind that alone was worth the price of admission.

This is what Martin is capable of - and probably would provide us a Norm Smith Medallist performance should the stars align and it coincides that both Jack Martin is fit and we ever get the opportunity to play in a Grand Final.

All big ifs and there is not much more I’m allowed to say on this subject - but a Carlton side with a fit Jack Martin in it is better than one without him.

The enigma of Jack Martin is truly represented by his remarkable mark and goal over Jake Lever in the first quarter - that pr0n star moustachioed tosser was so visibly incensed and flabbergasted that Martin had outmarked him from behind that alone was worth the price of admission.

This is what Martin is capable of - and probably would provide us a Norm Smith Medallist performance should the stars align and it coincides that both Jack Martin is fit and we ever get the opportunity to play in a Grand Final.

All big ifs and there is not much more I’m allowed to say on this subject - but a Carlton side with a fit Jack Martin in it is better than one without him.
Please explain :laughing:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back