List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

While they may have tons of capspace because contracts aren't indexed, it also means their current list aren't getting a big pay increase when most other players in the comp are. So it may make it easier for * to sign up a new player or two, it also probably means there are a few peeved * players that might be looking elsewhere.

While they may have tons of capspace because contracts aren't indexed, it also means their current list aren't getting a big pay increase when most other players in the comp are. So it may make it easier for * to sign up a new player or two, it also probably means there are a few peeved * players that might be looking elsewhere.
They have a Geelong type list though where it’s hard to imagine too many players getting huge offers to leave.

Aside from McKay & Merrett, I wouldn't have thought they'd have many on good money either.
Gresham signed on stupid money.

Stringer would be on a big deal as well.

Redman, Ridley will be on good coin.

They would have paid a premium for duursma.

Winning trade week every year costs money

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Gresham signed on stupid money.

Stringer would be on a big deal as well.

Redman, Ridley will be on good coin.

They would have paid a premium for duursma.

Winning trade week every year costs money

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Gresham was $600-700k iirc

Stringer was damaged goods when he signed and hasn't done anything to warrant a pay increase

Redman/Ridley would be on alright, not great money.

We have more big-ticket players and supposedly have some wiggle room, it makes sense that * would have more, even setting aside the indexation pay increases.

Last edited:
Gresham was $600-700 iirc

Stringer was damaged goods when he signed and hasn't done anything to warrant a pay increase

Redman/Ridley would be on alright, not great money.

We have more big-ticket players and supposedly have some wiggle room, it makes sense that * would have more, even setting aside the indexation pay increases.

1. Ben McKay - $800k +
2. Parish - $800k+
3. Gresham - $700k
4. McGrath - $750k+
5. Merrett - $800k+
6. Shiel
7. Langford (their best forward)
8. Laverde
9. Stringer
10. Redman
11. Martin

etc. etc.

1715661057001.png

How long is Kyle Langford signed for, he'd be a great replacement for Martin.

He also rates highly in the least worse moustache competition.

Think it was a big mistake not choosing Ben McKay last year… we could have shuffled some contracts or back ended the deal..

We would’ve been unstoppable …

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The package

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Think it was a big mistake not choosing Ben McKay last year… we could have shuffled some contracts or back ended the deal..

We would’ve been unstoppable …
In hindsight, he and Gresham would have been handy recruits but they were unpopular this time last year.
A fresh start can often work wonders, hopefully, we're able to find some equivalents this year.

In hindsight, he and Gresham would have been handy recruits but they were unpopular this time last year.
A fresh start can often work wonders, hopefully, we're able to find some equivalents this year.
Was an advocate for Gresham until his manager basically came out and said he's looking for the best deal possible. He was chasing coin more than success so wouldn't have fit in with us.

Was an advocate for Gresham until his manager basically came out and said he's looking for the best deal possible. He was chasing coin more than success so wouldn't have fit in with us.
I was too but also, that's the managers job, to secure the bag for their client, I wouldn't get too caught up on that.
He's the player we've been hoping DC would be.

I was too but also, that's the managers job, to secure the bag for their client, I wouldn't get too caught up on that.
He's the player we've been hoping DC would be.
I'm just about the biggest critic of our small forwards on here but still, I don't think Gresham was the right play for us in the end. For similar coin we may be able to get a Stengle/Hayward type who are far more selfless and skillful players.

I'm just about the biggest critic of our small forwards on here but still, I don't think Gresham was the right play for us in the end. For similar coin we may be able to get a Stengle/Hayward type who are far more selfless and skillful players.
They play different roles, so I'm not comparing him with either of those players.
Ultimately, he would have filled a need and his form this year has been far better than some projected.
Stengle has more priors in terms of selfishness but would be an incredible addition.
My point is the penny can drop & a change of clubs/foot up the backside can often provide that, rather than worrying too much about past behaviours (within reason), it's whether you can back yourself in to get the best out of them.
Geelong has with Stengle & it's early doors for McKay/Gresham but as much as it pains me to say it, * appear to have as well.
Rather than looking back, I want us to identify and develop similar talent.

That doesn't make sense.
Last year was the year to do that & that was when he appeared disengaged.
Given his compo was end of the first round, I'd imagine his salary isn't as high as some seem to think..
Again, it's a moot point. He was mentioned as an example of someone that was dismissed but has now taken his game to a higher level when provided a fresh start.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back