List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Ben McKay hasn’t missed a game all year including preseason, I don’t think he ever did that at any time with North

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

No way we contemplated Ben McKay once the price tag was over a million a year

That doesn't make sense.
Last year was the year to do that & that was when he appeared disengaged.
Given his compo was end of the first round, I'd imagine his salary isn't as high as some seem to think..
Again, it's a moot point. He was mentioned as an example of someone that was dismissed but has now taken his game to a higher level when provided a fresh start.
9 goals from 9 games, hasn't kicked one in 3 weeks. Not winning a lot of footy. We'd still be bemoaning our small forwards with him on the list.

9 goals from 9 games, hasn't kicked one in 3 weeks. Not winning a lot of footy. We'd still be bemoaning our small forwards with him on the list.
1) He's averaging a goal a game as a forward-mid, he's not a small forward.
2) my point is almost being aggressively missed at this point. I'm not advocating for him, I'm saying that we need to find someone like he or Stengle (of a few years ago), where they're an undervalued asset that is capable of taking their game to another level.

1) He's averaging a goal a game as a forward-mid, he's not a small forward.
2) my point is almost being aggressively missed at this point. I'm not advocating for him, I'm saying that we need to find someone like he or Stengle (of a few years ago), where they're an undervalued asset that is capable of taking their game to another level.
He keeps getting brought up as like the club missed out. Out of E Hollands, Cottrell, Martin, Owies, I think he takes Owies spot. Doesn't have a tank for the wing. Stengle I agree, averaging 1.6 goals and can mark.

We simply cannot have Williams, Martin, McGovern, Marchbank, Cuningham, Cerra on the list going forward.

Trade Williams and maybe Cerra.

Delist Cuningham.
We'd trade every one of those players before Cerra.

He also only misses a few weeks each year with hamstrings, the others are lucky to play a few games a year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gresham may end up having a passable year for the coin he earns this year, but watch him slip back into oblivion from there on....

The bloke has played 145 games of AFL and averages 18 possessions and a goal a game, what oblivion would he be sliding back in to?

Would be trying hard to get up to the pick for Taj Hotton ahead of the Campo boys if we can't find a suitable replacement for Cunners via trade. Currently around Pick 7-15 imo.

He looks solid but with a heap of free agents that suit our needs up forward and the twins being mids, I doubt we’d use out first or trade up to get another mid, when we have more pressing areas of need

Would be trying hard to get up to the pick for Taj Hotton ahead of the Campo boys if we can't find a suitable replacement for Cunners via trade. Currently around Pick 7-15 imo.

You would want to see a kid like that against a side that has them to the sword not the this way around.
Looks good off a small sample size, however has a bit of a flashy loose HF feel that could have the potential to go missing when the cavalry are rolled in and he has to get his own ball.
Haven't seen anything else of him but just an initial impression esp given they were 10 goals to the good.

It's probably the hardest piece of the puzzle to put together, prodigious junior talent and them then translating that into creating their own game at senior level.

Comparatively McKay will be a cheaper pick up then Gov and Williams were and probably not a lot more expensive then Martin was. It looks like the Bombers might do well out of it but us not chasing another injury prone player is still the right call.

No idea. I just remember a report not too long ago that two teams have done it that way (mainly) while the rest are indexed.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I remember reading the articles, Parish wanted his deal indexed and I think he got his way, I don’t really understand the idea of a player agreeing a $$$ amount and then saying I won’t to be paid a certain % of the cap.

Indexing for inflation fair enough, good on any club who was able to bank the increase in the cap, they will be in a great spot

Trade for ready to go 'lockdown KPD' or 'Small fwd'.
Draft 2x Camporeale Boys
Draft rest 'Best Available'.

Replace High Performance Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back