List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s quite simple. We lack speed and our culture is soft. Playing Sydney shows a club with culture. We had it once and it is long gone. I would love to end up with egg on my face but I am confident our streak between cups will exceed Swans before 2005 and Melbourne before 2021. That’s the reality of where this club is at.
For fear of getting carded, but that is a serious LoL

Let's see how Sydney go without:

1. Doc
2. Saad
3. Cerra
4. JSOS
5. Jack Martin
6. Cotters
7. Fogarty
8. Mots (best small forward)

There's 4 of our top 10 players there....

All very clearly best 22.
None of those 10 would have helped the onslaught we saw last night no matter how much we hope it would.

We have a good team but not a team that dominates good teams. Injuries come and go but they are all part of sports.

We need to make some big big decisions at the end of 2024 to improve our list, not maintain it.

None of those 10 would have helped the onslaught we saw last night no matter how much we hope it would.

We have a good team but not a team that dominates good teams. Injuries come and go but they are all part of sports.

We need to make some big big decisions at the end of 2024 to improve our list, not maintain it.
of course they would have - it's the sum of pieces...

We wouldn't have had 5 or so blokes contributing diddly squat...

The weakest link thing... and we had several.

And that’s more on the players we continue to keep on the list than anything. We have a team made up of A graders and then C/D graders who show something sometimes but not nearly enough and frequent.

Cripps and our midfield are great and all and on their day can have massive games, but none really are anything like what we saw last night. They slaughtered our midfield and from then on it was over. Heck, Charlie spent more time in defence then he ever has.

The sooner we realise the midfield isn’t dynamic enough the sooner we can move forward.

Cripps, Walsh, Kennedy, Hewett, Pittonet/Tdk have all spent enough years together for us to know it works against good teams but it can become very slow and stagnant against top teams. We had no answers and it actually looked like a little league team out there scared. Our midfield actually looked old last night against a vibrant young brigade who were fearless.

The injuries are shit but they are what they are.

Supporters need to stop over rating Austin. The best late picks are Cottrel, Pittonet and newman. (Not Austin) There is no evidence he is addressing needs with fast mids and kpds. He needs to risk trading up in the draft

Jordan Boyd was a great pick up, but overall I agree.

He has had 4 years to add to and refine the great foundation he was given and I’m not sure he has done that yet.

I agree it would have helped having them out there...

But the midfield is what got totally smashed. Sure, a fit and firing Cerra would have made some difference to that, but not much.

The biggest thing that will make a difference is the intent and attitude.

Blues from 2nd half of 2023 would not have had 50% tackles broken, that I can guarantee you.

Supporters need to stop over rating Austin. The best late picks are Cottrel, Pittonet and newman. (Not Austin) There is no evidence he is addressing needs with fast mids and kpds. He needs to risk trading up in the draft
He’s picked up Boyd, Cincotta, Hewett as an FA, and traded for Cerra. Our biggest need at the end of 2022 was endurance and carry, so he traded a third rounder for Acres, and drafted Ollie Hollands and Binns. And everyone, outside of Binns, were big parts of our run at the back end of last year. Traded a third rounder for Elijah Hollands too. Call that “overrated” all you want, he’s been sensational for our club

I agree it would have helped having them out there...

But the midfield is what got totally smashed. Sure, a fit and firing Cerra would have made some difference to that, but not much.

The biggest thing that will make a difference is the intent and attitude.

Blues from 2nd half of 2023 would not have had 50% tackles broken, that I can guarantee you.
Can't really argue but having Martin, Fogarty and Motlop stop the easy exits from from our F50.... which starts the whole ball rolling, right?

TDK and Charlie were bone lazy defensively last night - Fantasia and Durdin equally insipid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't really argue but having Martin, Fogarty and Motlop stop the easy exits from from our F50.... which starts the whole ball rolling, right?

TDK and Charlie were bone lazy defensively last night - Fantasia and Durdin equally insipid.
That's where our game seems to have changed since Adelaide. Teams are getting out to easily cause our half forward line can't keep the ball inside 50. Fog, Motlop and Martin all help that. Our midfield zone also seems to be getting broken down too easily, which forces defenders up, and we get caught on the overlap

Let's see how Sydney go without:

1. Doc
2. Saad
3. Cerra
4. JSOS
5. Jack Martin
6. Cotters
7. Fogarty
8. Mots (best small forward)

There's 4 of our top 10 players there....

All very clearly best 22.
Mills and McCartin are better then any of our outs plus look at some of their reserves players. I think they would be better then we were

Instead of Haywood why wouldn’t we target a player like Braeden Campbell instead. Has speed and kicks the ball like a tracer bullet. Not in Sydney best 22 and could be a player looking for more opportunities.
I was thinking that reading this … as
Mills and Parker were not playing who are the players we could target in the fringe for Sydney … good post dude

He’s picked up Boyd, Cincotta, Hewett as an FA, and traded for Cerra. Our biggest need at the end of 2022 was endurance and carry, so he traded a third rounder for Acres, and drafted Ollie Hollands and Binns. And everyone, outside of Binns, were big parts of our run at the back end of last year. Traded a third rounder for Elijah Hollands too. Call that “overrated” all you want, he’s been sensational for our club
Cincotta is a stopper. Acres is a great defensive wingman. Boyd does not carry the football. Cerra was the right target but 50/50 on output. Saad is a tick. Draftees I would only rate Motlop. Yes there are reasons but" overrated" is a more accurate description of Austin than "sensational". He needs to take risks this draft/trade period

Last edited:

That's part of it... the other part is getting smashed out of the center in the third quarter it was an absolute mauling...

If campbell is the onballer we need, put this years first on the table. Our window is only 2025, 2026, 2027.
I think we are getting another couple of outside mids in the Campo twins. We’ve gone with Hollands x 2 and Binns in the past two years. Not sure Campbell is that dissimilar to that lot - he doesn’t have explosive speed.

Mills and McCartin are better then any of our outs plus look at some of their reserves players. I think they would be better then we were

They did get smacked by 100 last year down in Geelong when they had injury issues.

I don’t like us playing shit, but it does happen.

Cincotta is a stopper. Acres is a great defensive wingman. Boyd does not carry the football. Cerra was the right target but 50/50 on output. Saad is a tick. Draftees I would only rate Motlop. Yes there are reasons but" overrated" is a more accurate description of Austin than "sensational". He needs to take risks this draft/trade period

Ollie will be a keeper, just needs to bulk up a bit.

I think we are getting another couple of outside mids in the Campo twins. We’ve gone with Hollands x 2 and Binns in the past two years. Not sure Campbell is that dissimilar to that lot - he doesn’t have explosive speed.

Another more established wingman would be nice as Ollie isn’t quite there yet.

Not sure if the campo boys will be ready to go. Someone like Windsor at the Dees would of been perfect for us

Agree Hollands is a wingman only. No true explosiveness. He needs more strength to make it. Binns is not convincing on multiple fronts

Ben is more inside these days and Lucas will probably start off HBF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back