List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Think if we finish in the top 8 our 2 firsts will be too little for the Tigers. Would have to add in a Kemp or Cottrell type/ trade them for additional picks to get it done imo.

2 late firsts and a 2nd is Bolton's value to me
l believe our strategy would be better to target a quality free agent & still go to the draft, we have a significant of players nearing 30, ignoring the draft to not bring in good young talent is not a ideal approach for ongoing success.

Last edited:
The issue is people expecting him to come in an fix a dysfunctional forward line this year. Not looking at where he might end up in 4 years time. I've said before he's got great potential, but that's all it is right now.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Well no, it's more than that.

He averages 1.1 goals a game ..... that includes the games he's historically gone missing (or when our midfield has gone missing!). He can only get better with experience and understanding our system...

And it's the sum of parts. no one is asking or expecting him to kick 3 or 4 a game.... but do his role which would very likely be at several levels higher than what Durdin or Fanta is giving us presently.

Can he go from a 1.1 goal a game to 1.5 (where Pickett sits) or even higher scorer in time?

You'd be foolish to say no.

Depends on the full skill set. Add a yard of pace and good connection skills and awareness to go with his manic tackling pressure and I would say yes.

We are light for developing midfield options, which is affecting our twos. We should nit draft pure depth though, the player needs to project definite AFL traits.
From a bf phantom in his draft year
Taj has snuck under the radar a bit but i think not for much longer. Richmond need a ball winning big bodied mid, so here is my pick.
He is very good in the middle and his ball reading from the rucks is top notch.
Taj wins clearances and contested ball, builds his possessions by being at the contest, every contest, and his two way running is easily spotted and its very much noticed when he tackles the opposition.
He works well with other midfield teammates by sacrificing when needed, be it by blocking for another mid to get the clearance or spreading quick to get or give the 1-2 showing his mid craft and knowledge of the position.
He stays in chains of play and after a turnover he links with others to bring the ball down to deliver it to the fwd line.
He is a big bodied mid who ticks a lot of boxes and can hit the scoreboard.
I like the way this kid plays football and hope he gets a shot in the champs, if not, given the plethora of mids to be picked, he will start to shine as he will be in the spotlight more, standing out for the stingrays while others are at the champs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tbh I think if Kennedy were to get traded, Collingwood would be his best fit for his attribtues... and that somewhat sickens me to think about
I'm impressed with how the Pies were prepared/forced to trade out Grundy, Treloar etc. then won a premiership with their replacements.
I'd like to see Austin trade out a couple of 29-30 year olds with some trade value to inject more pace and ball skills through the midfield.

Carroll as our developing/spare mid is a concern.

I think Hayward is more likely to go to Adelaide and as a long time Suns member let me tell you that Ainsworth ain't providing that much. I'd be picking Owies over Ben without a 2nd thought.

It's different when the first round picks are mid teens, I agree when it's top 6 there's no need, but picks say, 14 and 18 (Hopefully :p) are a very different proposition imo. Also, as we're a chance to spend a first rounder on a F/S anyway, we're essentially only giving up 1 future first, which very much went into my thinking.

I like the possibility of trading up in the first round to target a player of quality but Bolton would be great in our side.

I’m not sure why you would be wanting to pick Owies over Ainsworth, why would it be a choice of the two? Ainsworth is averaging 16 touches and a goal a game this season, that’s better than any of our half forwards.

His last two seasons have been over 18 possessions and a goal a game, that’s a fantastic return.

Owies is a small forward

I'm impressed with how the Pies were prepared/forced to trade out Grundy, Treloar etc. then won a premiership with their replacements.
I'd like to see Austin trade out a couple of 29-30 year olds with some trade value to inject more pace and ball skills through the midfield.

Carroll as our developing/spare mid is a concern.

Like who though? Collingwood didn’t trade those players because they were no good, they traded them because their contracts were restrictive.

Who have we got that suits?

Like who though? Collingwood didn’t trade those players because they were no good, they traded them because their contracts were restrictive.

Who have we got that suits?
The oldies.
We could trade Doc and George(not popular, I know)
We should have traded/delisted either Marchy or Cunners(prefer to keep Cunners)
We should have traded Carroll and kept Dow.

Arrogant, Lazy, Unfit, Ineffective. How is he valuable?

Has kicked 20, 34 and 31 goals across the past three full seasons despite being the second scoring option in a terrible North Melbourne team that has fed Bum Larkey 50+ goals a season.
So, subjective based reasoning.
Larkey isn't a bum for starters & an additional forward capable of kicking 30+ would be handy I'd have thought, particularly given our usual third options JSOS & Martin have career peaks of 21 & 22 respectively.
I wouldn't pay a significant amount to get him but if he's seeking success rather than a payday, we could do a lot worse IMO.

Larkey isn't a bum for starters & an additional forward capable of kicking 30+ would be handy I'd have thought, particularly given our usual third options JSOS & Martin have career peaks of 21 & 22 respectively.
I wouldn't pay a significant amount to get him but if he's seeking success rather than a payday, we could do a lot worse IMO.
Speaking of the success thing. Apparently Fisher is quite flat going to North for the paycheck.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The oldies.
We could trade Doc and George(not popular, I know)
We should have traded/delisted either Marchy or Cunners(prefer to keep Cunners)
We should have traded Carroll and kept Dow.
I’m assume Grundy and Treloar were on contracts around $800-$900,000 and moving them on allowed them to go out and address areas of need.

Hewetts deal is low and he plays a position we have minimal cover in, same as Doc, I agree on Dow but he chose to move for opportunity, it wasn’t really our call imo.

I’m assume Grundy and Treloar were on contracts around $800-$900,000 and moving them on allowed them to go out and address areas of need.

Hewetts deal is low and he plays a position we have minimal cover in, same as Doc, I agree on Dow but he chose to move for opportunity, it wasn’t really our call imo.
It was such a crazy situation/move I think it’s really hard to replicate.

How much cap space do we think we can free up with Marchbank and Cunners off the list?

I was surprised to see both players listed as restricted FAs, not unrestricted. Does that mean that possibly they are on more $$ than we think?

Subjective reasons are huge in football. Look at our team now. Weitering is turning down $1.4 million to stay here and achieve team success because he is a good person. I wouldn't want someone like Zurhaar coming to our football club. I know people who went to school with him and have heard there are planks of wood with higher IQs.

Hun
Jack Martin’s latest soft tissue issue will put on hold talks for a new deal with Carlton until the back end of this season, with the injury-hit forward telling Moneyball recently that IKON Park is “where I want to be”. Martin was a late withdrawal from last week’s loss to Sydney after suffering an injury at training just days after his only AFL game of the season.Both parties had been eager to park the conversation in the final year of Martin’s five-season deal with the Blues until he managed to get a body of work into him.

Vice-captain Jacob Weitering, who has one more year on a deal, is the prime focus for Carlton’s list management team. He seems certain to stay.

Well no, it's more than that.

He averages 1.1 goals a game ..... that includes the games he's historically gone missing (or when our midfield has gone missing!). He can only get better with experience and understanding our system...

And it's the sum of parts. no one is asking or expecting him to kick 3 or 4 a game.... but do his role which would very likely be at several levels higher than what Durdin or Fanta is giving us presently.

Can he go from a 1.1 goal a game to 1.5 (where Pickett sits) or even higher scorer in time?

You'd be foolish to say no.
I think the one dampener on Motlop is his speed. He doesn't have express pace which can cause havoc and require teams to take more precautions defensively which a lot of the premier small forwards have.

His goal sense and instincts are right up there, but I do feel that lack of speed could limit his ceiling.

I think the one dampener on Motlop is his speed. He doesn't have express pace which can cause havoc and require teams to take more precautions defensively which a lot of the premier small forwards have.

His goal sense and instincts are right up there, but I do feel that lack of speed could limit his ceiling.
Agree with this, also not strong above head. He could be a very good player but not the type that stretches defences.

In saying that an absolute freak in the Betts managed pretty well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back