Autopsy 2024 Rd 0 - Harry kicks the winner vs Lions

Who played well for the Blues vs the Lions in Round 0?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Huge kudos to Charlie. Moved to the backline for a while to get his hands on the ball. Started the comeback for us and pumped up the team. His energy is infectious. 4 massive goals in the context of the game.
Did the same thing against the Sunnies last year. Seems like a set play. They want to stop leaking goals so they send Charlie to cover it. Definitely works. He helped to stop the bleeding and then kicked goals the other way. Champion play.

So stoked by tonight's effort. Harry was enormous, now set for a huge year and maybe another Coleman. Jack Carroll showed a lot tonight and is now in our best 23. What a great game from Zac Williams, showed a lot of dash and poise. All in all a wonderful comeback and incredibly gutsy performance from our boy's. This could very well be our time, for number seventeen. But of course, a long season awaits and many curve-balls will be thrown.

Bloke is a gun and a deadset unit. Drops back in defense, runs all day through the middle and pops up forward as well. And yes, hard as nails.
There is one constant in all our big moments in the last season and a bit….B Acres
He always delivers when we need a spark….i now refer to him as the Mailman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Voss made some gutsy calls 2nd half

Carroll coming on for an injured Doc, but going straight in the middle

Late in the game when Cameron kicked his last goal, with Saad having a decent game against him, Boyd went to him in the last couple of minutes

Empowering/backing these types has huge long-term benefits

So stoked by tonight's effort. Harry was enormous, now set for a huge year and maybe another Coleman. Jack Carroll showed a lot tonight and is now in our best 23. What a great game from Zac Williams, showed a lot of dash and poise. All in all a wonderful comeback and incredibly gutsy performance from our boy's. This could very well be our time, for number seventeen. But of course, a long season awaits and many curve-balls will be thrown.
Zac was massive early.

There is one constant in all our big moments in the last season and a bit….B Acres
He always delivers when we need a spark….i now refer to him as the Mailman.
you clearly don't live on my route - got my xmas cards delivered last week - with one shilling stamps on them.......

Epic win, probably our best home and away one in a long, long time!!! It must instil huge belief in our players that they can come back from dire situations during games - not that we’d want them to get into a habit of this . A season or two ago, we would’ve wilted after the first quarter onslaught by Brisbane. Some really clutch goals from Cripps and Big H. So many integral players to come back into the team: Weitering, Walsh, Marchbank, Martin, Motlop and E Hollands. So much to look forward to!

Voss and co should be applauded for the mongrel they have injected into this team.

Tonight wasn’t pure class rather an inner desire to win that is hard to quantify.

Similar to when you are super hungry and refuse a balanced diet and go hunting for dim sims to smash.

So wrong it’s right.
Which begs the question - does 'smashing' dim sims win you grand finals?:huh::think:

I had dinner at the inlaws, all week I was like I need to get out of this. Then I was like no I’ll be good & go. So watched the first half at home, then off to the inlaws.

My Dad (bless him) is messaging me updates, thankfully I could sneak a look at on my watch. Spent the last quarter on the toilet watching on my phone. Had to say I had a belly ache (they aren’t footy people)

So moral is I’m in trouble with my partner (as he knew what was going on) but I’m ok with that

Back