Preview 2024 Rd 10 Carlton v Sydney Friday 17th May 7:40PM AEST @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN:
Jack Carroll, Orazio Fantasia, Caleb Marchbank, Zac Williams
OUT: Adam Cerra (hamstring), Matthew Cottrell (foot), Jack Martin (calf), Lachie Cowan

Round 10 team v Sydney
Backs:Brodie KempJacob WeiteringAlex Cincotta
Half-backs:Caleb MarchbankMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Zac WilliamsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Ollie HollandsTom De KoningElijah Hollands
Forwards:Harry McKayCharlie CurnowMatthew Owies
Followers:Marc PittonetSam WalshMatthew Kennedy
Interchange:Jordan BoydJack CarrollOrazio Fantasia
Corey DurdinGeorge Hewett
Emergencies:Lachlan CowanJaxon BinnsLewis Young

I agree but we don’t exactly have other options with the outs we have
Would rather any kid that can run and tackle and that alone will offer more than Fantasia up forward. Especially against this Swans outfit that are so fast when they open up the game. Orazio will be run off and made to look like the slow spud he is all game.

Tune in and watch it happen. Charlie and Harry will need kick 10+ between them for us to compensate carrying Fantasia.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would rather any kid that can run and tackle and that alone will offer more than Fantasia up forward. Especially against this Swans outfit that are so fast when they open up the game. Orazio will be run off and made to look like the slow spud he is all game.

Tune in and watch it happen. Charlie and Harry will need kick 10+ between them for us to compensate carrying Fantasia.
Might need to ease up a bit. Fantasia has played 7 games for 5 wins and two losses. Wins include Brisbane and Giants when we were underdogs. Harry & Charlie haven't kicked 10+ in any of the wins that Orazio has played in. We'd all like him to do more but he has been aided by lack of availability in his area of the ground (if one of Fogarty, Cuningham or Motlop were available he probably wouldn't be playing) and he must have some traits that Vossy likes.

At the end of the day Fantasia playing will not determine whether we will win or lose.

Hard to be given a chance when there is quality above you. How do we know there still isn’t something that the coaches want him doing that he isn’t? Disposals aren’t everything

He made the VFL team of the year last year as a teenager and seems to have gone up a level again. He's pretty much done all he can, I don't necessarily think he needs to be in the seniors but to say hes done nothing is pretty stiff.

There is nothing wrong with a kid staying in the VFL, he is developing well and probably should start getting more opportunities as time goes on.

Hard to be given a chance when there is quality above you. How do we know there still isn’t something that the coaches want him doing that he isn’t? Disposals aren’t everything

Watched Binns as well last week I must admit he turned the ball over a number of times especially one big play on the half backline.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Might need to ease up a bit. Fantasia has played 7 games for 5 wins and two losses. Wins include Brisbane and Giants when we were underdogs. Harry & Charlie haven't kicked 10+ in any of the wins that Orazio has played in. We'd all like him to do more but he has been aided by lack of availability in his area of the ground (if one of Fogarty, Cuningham or Motlop were available he probably wouldn't be playing) and he must have some traits that Vossy likes.

At the end of the day Fantasia playing will not determine whether we will win or lose.
I like your optimism but i am not seeing it and Fantasia does not make us better even with injuries. I am pretty sure Fantasia was getting games when Fogs was also playing.

I do honestly think Fantasias lack of pace and shit house ability to tackle while waiting for the easy ball to walk into an open goal can seriously lose us this game as we may as well have 17 out there whenever he is on the park.

Swans will totally run off him all night out of their backline.

Must say, I just can't get behind the decision to drop Cowan for Marchy. Surely from a LM position Marchy is just about done, and we've got a highly rated young defender in his second season who we should really just commit to developing in the seniors now. Cowan hasn't looked at all out of place in his few appearances, he's not being "carried", and his style of play suits our game.

Play the kid, let Marchy "lead" the reserves, and if he stays fit we can use him as a break glass option only.

Let’s see how he goes - pressure will be up - not always Marchy’s strong suit
People seem to forget that two games back he was close to our best player playing at CHB in a preliminary final. That ranks fairly highly in the pressure stakes. Agree though that continuity is the key to Marchy.

Looks like a strong side to me regardless of the forced changes. I think there's a fair bit of overreacting going on here . We will be right in this game with a chance of winning.

Get behind those who have been selected to represent us.

Go Blues!

I like your optimism but i am not seeing it and Fantasia does not make us better even with injuries. I am pretty sure Fantasia was getting games when Fogs was also playing.

I do honestly think Fantasias lack of pace and s**t house ability to tackle while waiting for the easy ball to walk into an open goal can seriously lose us this game as we may as well have 17 out there whenever he is on the park.

Swans will totally run off him all night out of their backline.
Why vent so much? He could even be sub yet. I haven't once seen him look for a Joe the Goose, seen him lay a couple off that could have been easy. As I've said we need more from him - hopefully he can offer a bit more this week.

As I stated he won't be the difference between us winning or losing (unless he gets a shot after the siren).

Fantasia in???

Sick Vomit GIF by CBS

We can look back in 36hrs and say this was where the game was lost as we may as well have 17 players out there if this scrub is on field. Has no defensive side to his game and runs like a crab. WTF.
What the **** sort of take ....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back