Preview 2024 Rd 11 Carlton vs Gold Coast Saturday 25th May 1:45PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN:
A.Saad, L.Cowan, L.Fogarty

OUT: C.Durdin (Omitted), M.Pittonet (Finger), C.Marchbank (Managed)

Backs:Adam SaadJacob WeiteringLachie Cowan
Half-backs:Brodie KempMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Ollie HollandsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Zac WilliamsHarry McKayElijah Hollands
Forwards:Orazio FantasiaCharlie CurnowMatthew Owies
Followers:Tom De KoningSam WalshMatthew Kennedy
Interchange:Jordan BoydJack CarrollAlex Cincotta
Lachie FogartyGeorge Hewett
Emergencies:Jaxon BinnsCorey DurdinLewis Young

Last edited:

Outs from: Carroll, TDK, durdin, fantasia, marchbank, Ollie, Hewett, Boyd (rest), Charlie (knee), Weitering (inj)

Ins from: Saad, Fogarty, Wilson, Binns, Young/BigDurdin.

Weeks like this with these injuries that you wonder why the **** we have so many long term developmental projects on the list and no experience. Swans had parker fit and playing vfl FFS.

Outs from: Carroll, TDK, durdin, fantasia, marchbank, Ollie, Hewett, Boyd (rest), Charlie (knee), Weitering (inj)

Ins from: Saad, Fogarty, Wilson, Binns, Young/BigDurdin.

Weeks like this with these injuries that you wonder why the heck we have so many long term developmental projects on the list and no experience. Swans had parker fit and playing vfl FFS.
That a lot more outs that we have available. But why not. Maybe we can petition the afl to use the campo brothers for next year, early.

OUT: Fantasia, Pittonet, Kennedy, Durdin
IN: Fogarty, Wilson, Saad, Motlop

Sub: Boyd (to rest)

If Weitering is fit, Kemp goes forward. Marchbank and Williams will be better for the run, no point throwing them around.

Need to win 11 of our last 13 if we hope to finish top 4.

Absolute must win this game.
Deja ****ing vu

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OUT: Fantasia, Pittonet, Kennedy, Durdin
IN: Fogarty, Wilson, Saad, Motlop

Sub: Boyd (to rest)

If Weitering is fit, Kemp goes forward. Marchbank and Williams will be better for the run, no point throwing them around.

Deja ******* vu

Why are we dumping Kennedy again? If it's to do with balance, why was Hewett better this week?

Why are we dumping Kennedy again? If it's to do with balance, why was Hewett better this week?
It's to do with balance.

Kennedy was second to the ball an enormous amount of times in an enormous amount of situations. No pressure in open play.

Leaves the door slightly ajar for Kemp to play a relieving role in the middle too. Might as well get started on sampling that if we're any chance to make a dent in the finals.

The TDK/Pittonet experiment is over.

Pick one. Drop the other.

At this point I don't even care who.

I agree that the experiment is not working that well, but I’d only be looking to abort it if the incoming player was going to improve the F50 pressure/tackling. Sadly with the current injury list I am struggling to name that player. Maybe once Fogarty is fit we can change - although personally I’d be rushing to replace Durdin or Fantasia before dropping one of Pitto/TDK.
But that’s just me.

Out: Durdin, Fantasia, Cincotta, Marchbank
In: Fogarty, Motlop, Binns, Cowan

We need run against the Suns.. need more foot soldiers and effort. Sadly can’t afford to drop a ruck and I pray Weiters cork recoups.

It's to do with balance.

Kennedy was second to the ball an enormous amount of times in an enormous amount of situations. No pressure in open play.

Leaves the door slightly ajar for Kemp to play a relieving role in the middle too. Might as well get started on sampling that if we're any chance to make a dent in the finals.

I don't know. We see different things with Kennedy. He was in my bests.

He had some nice moments in the first 45 minutes, but then he was just unable to keep up. Same old story with him.

2nd and 3rd quarters were his best quarters.

One thing that is clear to me, is that we are not quick footspeed wise, and we have a game plan that requires us to be efficient disposal wise. To be a middling side pace wise and to also struggle skill wise, you've got no hope of success. We have to be elite at one of these.

2nd and 3rd quarters were his best quarters.
By what measure? Got a good centre clearance in the first and was active around the stoppages and centre bounce.

Solid in the second but inefficient with the ball, and in the third he played chunks forward and snuck a goal but didn't accomplish much else, particularly in the forward and midfield pressure stakes.

i'm not of the thought that someone like binns can replace a durdin and play as a small forward. but he could come in and play as an extra midfielder, if he's not replacing someone like o hollands outright. i mean it's not like the quota of designated small forwards is working in our favour. he can perform other roles if we restructure the side... which may be necessary.

and i don't specifically mean binns. there's more things to think about when selecting a side than player x bad - so swap for some other player to play x's role.

can we spare one of cincotta or boyd to come up the ground if saad is back?

we look a lot worse when not even taking the game on. fixing forward 50 entries would go a long way to solving our problems, how and where the ball goes, and what the hell players are doing when the ball is about to land on the deck.

this will be an interesting game... unfortunately

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back