Preview 2024 Rd 11 Carlton vs Gold Coast Saturday 25th May 1:45PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN:
A.Saad, L.Cowan, L.Fogarty

OUT: C.Durdin (Omitted), M.Pittonet (Finger), C.Marchbank (Managed)

Backs:Adam SaadJacob WeiteringLachie Cowan
Half-backs:Brodie KempMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Ollie HollandsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Zac WilliamsHarry McKayElijah Hollands
Forwards:Orazio FantasiaCharlie CurnowMatthew Owies
Followers:Tom De KoningSam WalshMatthew Kennedy
Interchange:Jordan BoydJack CarrollAlex Cincotta
Lachie FogartyGeorge Hewett
Emergencies:Jaxon BinnsCorey DurdinLewis Young

Last edited:
By what measure? Got a good centre clearance in the first and was active around the stoppages and centre bounce.

Solid in the second but inefficient with the ball, and in the third he played chunks forward and snuck a goal but didn't accomplish much else, particularly in the forward and midfield pressure stakes.

1st Qtr - 4 disposals, 1 mark, 0 tackles
2nd Qtr - 6 disposals, 1 mark, 4 tackles
3rd Qtr - 3 disposals, 3 marks, 3 tackles, 1 goal
4th Qtr - 3 disposals, 1 marks, 0 tackles

Had 22 pressure acts across the game but don't know the breakdown there.

If you put any stock into Champion Data, then the points breakdown across the 4 quarters was 13, 37, 35, 12.

Is Mac Andrew in doubt? He will have a field day down back intercepting our bombs in.
Can only hope 2 weeks up in Darwin has been sapping enough to slow them down, though Witts refreshed.
Cripps, Walsh +???
Rowell, Miller, Andersen

Someone in for a tough day on Sam Collins = H (?).

Suns are still no good when playing anywhere south of Dream World. They have one of the softer underbelly’s in the competition, and have done nothing to suggest that it’s changed this season. They beat up on the worst team in the competition, and a massively undermanned Geelong side at a stadium they don’t lose at. All depends on how we turn up. If we put the heat on early, they’ll fold like they do every year

Suns are still no good when playing anywhere south of Dream World. They have one of the softer underbelly’s in the competition, and have done nothing to suggest that it’s changed this season. They beat up on the worst team in the competition, and a massively undermanned Geelong side at a stadium they don’t lose at. All depends on how we turn up. If we put the heat on early, they’ll fold like they do every year
Ruined Easter one year at Marvel IIRC. Gablett Jnr days.

A home win against Gold Coast after a bad loss started our run last year. Strangely despite a better win/loss record it feels less likely that we can do the same this year.

Between the injuries and the lack of run we have shown in most 2nd halves this year I fear the preseason training program has killed our season already but we live in hope!

Hopefully we get a few players back this week, but either way IMO Ollie Hollands needs a spell in the 2s and Binns deserves a go on the wing.

Fantasia and Durdin simply have to go out - it sounded like Mots may be available but not Fog - so Williams stays forward and Motlop comes straight in.

Saad coming back is crucial so, provided Weitering is ok to play, we should have what I believe is a full suite of first choice back men to choose from.

Line up as follows:
Saad, Weitering, Kemp
Boyd, McGovern, Newman
Acres, Cripps, Binns
Elijah, Harry, Williams
Tdk, Charlie, Owies
Pittonet, Walsh, Kennedy
Marchbank, Motlop, Hewett, Cincotta
Carroll (sub)

Players looked flat and no surprise given our current schedule.

Expect them to dig deep this week then fall over the next.

Today looked awful with Pitto/TDK and a complete lack of run from defence.

Help us Saad. Need Martin/Cerra firing or we are wasting 2024.

Players looked flat and no surprise given our current schedule.

Expect them to dig deep this week then fall over the next.

Today looked awful with Pitto/TDK and a complete lack of run from defence.

Help us Saad. Need Martin/Cerra firing or we are wasting 2024.

The Suns game last year was where we turned our season around…..omen ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I imagine Weitering will get over his bruise and play.

Motlop and Saad Voss already suggested will be fit and I imagine FoG is a chance. Cowan is just a better option than Marchbank for me at the moment.

Out: Durdin, Fantasia, Carroll and Marchbank.
In: Motlop, Saad, FoG and Cowan.

Hewett goes to sub.

Motlop and Saad Voss already suggested will be fit and I imagine FoG is a chance. Cowan is just a better option than Marchbank for me at the moment.

Hewett goes to sub.

I'd be happy seeing those players back in, but we were +1 in defenders last night, that would make it +2

Williams was okay ish forward

Id say pack up shop. 2024 is toast. Put away our players for a good run at next year. We’re so far off the pace.
I agree.
Just doesn't feel like we're going to get anything out of this year.

Hewett goes to sub.
I’d say your ins and outs with the exception of Marchbank/Cowan are guarantees, barring any setbacks to their recovery.

Marchbank definitely the next in the gun and Cowan the only suitable replacement.

If Fog and Motlop can emulate their preinjury for then we get much needed forward half pressure and creativity.

Saad gives us much needed run from the backline. Williams simply can’t do it. And Cincotta can play the lock down type.

One thing that is clear to me, is that we are not quick footspeed wise, and we have a game plan that requires us to be efficient disposal wise. To be a middling side pace wise and to also struggle skill wise, you've got no hope of success. We have to be elite at one of these.
We desperately need someone with leg speed that can run and carry.

I'd be happy seeing those players back in, but we were +1 in defenders last night, that would make it +2

Williams was okay ish forward

Williams cannot play defence for me and the club have to deal with him for a few more years. Need to give him an opportunity to play up the ground. Was serviceable in a poor overall performance from the team.

I’d say your ins and outs with the exception of Marchbank/Cowan are guarantees, barring any setbacks to their recovery.

Marchbank definitely the next in the gun and Cowan the only suitable replacement.

If Fog and Motlop can emulate their preinjury for then we get much needed forward half pressure and creativity.

Saad gives us much needed run from the backline. Williams simply can’t do it. And Cincotta can play the lock down type.

I'm interested to see a free Saad with Cincotta back in the team. Hopefully we finally get some run off HB.

We need some speed and unfortunately our list isn't blessed with it but Motlop, Saad and to a lesser extent FoG help here.

I'll admit I am a huge FoG fan. But I absolutely think he is critical and last year allowing him to take some CBAs gave us a different look we sorely need.

Williams cannot play defence for me and the club have to deal with him for a few more years. Need to give him an opportunity to play up the ground. Was serviceable in a poor overall performance from the team.
Given we have the defenders (when fit) could he play midfield like we actually got him for.

At least ads something different and some speed.

Can I request that the general angst and tearing into players be done in the Chicken Little or if you must...swans v us thread?

Let's try and keep this a forward looking thread.

We'll win this.

Go Blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back