Preview 2024 Rd 11 Carlton vs Gold Coast Saturday 25th May 1:45PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN:
A.Saad, L.Cowan, L.Fogarty

OUT: C.Durdin (Omitted), M.Pittonet (Finger), C.Marchbank (Managed)

Backs:Adam SaadJacob WeiteringLachie Cowan
Half-backs:Brodie KempMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Ollie HollandsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Zac WilliamsHarry McKayElijah Hollands
Forwards:Orazio FantasiaCharlie CurnowMatthew Owies
Followers:Tom De KoningSam WalshMatthew Kennedy
Interchange:Jordan BoydJack CarrollAlex Cincotta
Lachie FogartyGeorge Hewett
Emergencies:Jaxon BinnsCorey DurdinLewis Young

Last edited:
Champion Data are the experts in promoting Champion Data, everything else is secondary, including using data to make good decsions.
The gospel according to this weeks advertorial courtesy of King of nuffery.

I'd be happy with Gov forward
Should never have been moved into defence in a perfect world IMO - it was only out of necessity that it happened. He 'failed' as a forward with us because he very rarely got to play alongside both H and Charlie. I don't have the stats to back that up, just going from memory. Would love to see how he goes taking the oppos third best defender. He's capable of a pack mark, he's reasonably quick off the mark to be a decent lead up forward too and he would stretch the oppo defence more than what we currently do. Weitering, Marchbank, Kemp should be able to hold down the defence. What we would gain by moving Gov forward outweighs what we would lose in defence IMO.

Should never have been moved into defence in a perfect world IMO - it was only out of necessity that it happened. He 'failed' as a forward with us because he very rarely got to play alongside both H and Charlie. I don't have the stats to back that up, just going from memory. Would love to see how he goes taking the oppos third best defender. He's capable of a pack mark, he's reasonably quick off the mark to be a decent lead up forward too and he would stretch the oppo defence more than what we currently do. Weitering, Marchbank, Kemp should be able to hold down the defence. What we would gain by moving Gov forward outweighs what we would lose in defence IMO.
He'd be handy kicking it to a lead of H or CC too

he was never fit enough back then to play the running tall game and carlton had no one to play third tall defender ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last time he played forward was under a Teague gameplan, think he would be more productive now

Don't you think his ball use is really important off HB.? Since his return I have already noticed an improvement in that area

Very important, so is marks and delivery inside 50 and kicking for goal

If we want to brutalise teams at stoppages, you can then capitalise on inside 50s

I wasn't insinuating Orazio can't be a good player again. There's just a lot of hate being thrown at Durdin.
"Hate" implies it's unfair and due to disliking the person/player rather than basing it on output.

I think criticism towards Durds is definitely warranted, he's invisible for most of the game. He's averaging career lows in possessions, goals, shots on goal, goal assists, inside 50s and tackles.

Last time he played forward was under a Teague gameplan, think he would be more productive now
The same Teague who was McGoverns forwards coach at Adelaide when they had one of the best attacks we've seen for a long time

I have other issues with Teague in fairness but if anyone at Carlton knew McGovern as a forward it was DT

Two Somethings gov was awesome at for a bloke his size whilst playing third tall.... The run down tackle and the lead up mark......

How good does that sound right now

What's his one wood?
As a golfer I despise how he, in particular, refers to "one wood" as being the players 'best' club.....
It simply should be his putter as it is the stick you should use 50% of the whole round!!!!!!!
He's a nuff nuff who only has data to fall back on, hasn't coached to my knowledge, hasn't even been on a match committee, and based on his use of other people's numbers..........
I can tell you where his 'one wood' is, in the words of Lord Flash Heart, " It's in my pants!!!!! Woof!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back