Preview 2024 Rd 11 Carlton vs Gold Coast Saturday 25th May 1:45PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN:
A.Saad, L.Cowan, L.Fogarty

OUT: C.Durdin (Omitted), M.Pittonet (Finger), C.Marchbank (Managed)

Backs:Adam SaadJacob WeiteringLachie Cowan
Half-backs:Brodie KempMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Ollie HollandsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Zac WilliamsHarry McKayElijah Hollands
Forwards:Orazio FantasiaCharlie CurnowMatthew Owies
Followers:Tom De KoningSam WalshMatthew Kennedy
Interchange:Jordan BoydJack CarrollAlex Cincotta
Lachie FogartyGeorge Hewett
Emergencies:Jaxon BinnsCorey DurdinLewis Young

Last edited:
This is a must win and I believe we will - mainly because it’s in Melbourne. I’d be really concerned if it was on the Goldy.

They’re playing good footy at home or anywhere north of QLD.

They’ve mostly been poor in Melbourne…hoping that trend continues even with hardwick now their saviour coach.

Last edited:
I don't expect Motlop to change the world up forward. I think he'll be better than what we currently have but I wouldn't be expecting the whole dynamic to change. He'll maybe be an 8/9 possession and goal a game forward, which is what he was last yr, at least for a while while he's finding fitness. Maybe late in the yr he can spike a bit but don't expect huge impact early.
Considering our current options - This, I'd take.

This is where our reputation hurts us the most.

The gap between our best footy and our worst is so vast, and our inclination to swing between those two extremes so frequent, that no team comes into a game against us expecting an easy win, or lacking the belief that they can go with us.

We're not good enough that the shit teams have no hope, but we're not bad enough that teams take us for granted. Everyone knows that they might need to play their best, but also that if they do they're every chance of taking the 4 pts.

I'm looking forward to the day when the bottom 8 sides see us as unbeatable.

Hopefully the GC players are still a bit heady from their upset last week, and our guys are smarting from their loss. We come out breathing fire, they come out thinking they're top shit, we knock them off their perch and kickstart a nice little run of wins to get our season going again.

This is where our reputation hurts us the most.

The gap between our best footy and our worst is so vast, and our inclination to swing between those two extremes so frequent, that no team comes into a game against us expecting an easy win, or lacking the belief that they can go with us.

We're not good enough that the s**t teams have no hope, but we're not bad enough that teams take us for granted. Everyone knows that they might need to play their best, but also that if they do they're every chance of taking the 4 pts.

I'm looking forward to the day when the bottom 8 sides see us as unbeatable.

Hopefully the GC players are still a bit heady from their upset last week, and our guys are smarting from their loss. We come out breathing fire, they come out thinking they're top s**t, we knock them off their perch and kickstart a nice little run of wins to get our season going again.
Really in the past 25 games, we have lost to one team that is not in the 8. Adelaide. Also we have played (and lost) one really bad game in that time. All others have been very close

He could get injured anytime, what difference does it make. He could just as easily get injured in the 2s. If he's fit he's fit.

I wouldn't bring him right back in personally, I don't think he's at the level of player who supersedes needing a run in the 2s for touch. But it isn't fitness related.
Spot on. Normally you would want someone who has missed the number of games Mots has to come back through the twos but he would be hard pressed to do any worse than Durds and Fanta. If Fog is ready then Fog and Mots in and Durds and Fanta out.

Yep. Better then our 5 possesion, almost no goals a game forward.

I'd normally be against picking Motlop after such a break but the options are much worse.

Needs to play. Hope to see Saad, Cowan, Fogarty back in and if Weitering misses I'd play Durdin over Young.

Pittonet has been fantastic since coming in but I still prefer the one ruck structure and how it makes McKay better and more influential

Last edited:
Is Witts on the spread a threat? 35 goals in ten years doesn’t sound like it.

Dragged it here

While not kicking many goals, does have good spread against AFL quality ruckmen with AFL level tanks

Mirkov had an advantage at centre bounces before they changed the rules this year, where ruckmen can now fend off in a contest, so I think Witts would monster him

Mirkov isn't able to get from contest to contest and round the ground is non-existent

His lack of tank in the past may have something to do with that heart condition, which needed surgery, so he might be able to improve his endurance, but I just don't think he will remain on the list

Last edited:
This is a must win and I believe we will - mainly because it’s in Melbourne. I’d be really concerned if it was on the Goldy.

They’re playing good footy at home or anywhere north of QLD.

They’ve mostly been poor in Melbourne…hoping that trend continues even with hardwick now their saviour coach.
GC changing up their routine this week. Typical.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm looking forward to going to the game with my son.

Yeah one week at a time, but...
Win this game and our season all the sudden will look a lot brighter :D
7-4 I can live with that!

The GCS has not played in front of a large hostile crowd, so I hope we pack Marvel Stadium and bring the home crowd to our advantage.

Let's go Bagger!
Us by 13 points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back