Preview 2024 Rd 11 Carlton vs Gold Coast Saturday 25th May 1:45PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN:
A.Saad, L.Cowan, L.Fogarty

OUT: C.Durdin (Omitted), M.Pittonet (Finger), C.Marchbank (Managed)

Backs:Adam SaadJacob WeiteringLachie Cowan
Half-backs:Brodie KempMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Ollie HollandsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Zac WilliamsHarry McKayElijah Hollands
Forwards:Orazio FantasiaCharlie CurnowMatthew Owies
Followers:Tom De KoningSam WalshMatthew Kennedy
Interchange:Jordan BoydJack CarrollAlex Cincotta
Lachie FogartyGeorge Hewett
Emergencies:Jaxon BinnsCorey DurdinLewis Young

Last edited:

Cowan for Marchbank makes sense with Holman for Day

Wondering which defender apart from Willams plays a different role

Cincotta midfield? Boyd further up the ground?

Intriguing

I would not mind unlocking Boyd a little, it would be interesting to see where he could take his game.

We are older, more experienced and in front of our home crowd. If we drop this, we have serious problems.

We have at least our best 6 players in Curnow, Weitering, Cripps, Walsh, McKay and Saad. Missing Docherty and Cerra, then maybe Newman, McGovern and Acres, so 9 of our best 11 players are in the team.

We have no excuses.

It's ridiculous. Nobody is managed after one game back. He's either in need of a fitness block, injured or dropped.

If Durdin is named as omitted, surely Marchbank is a big enough boy to cop the same label. If he's injured, say so.

If he's just unfit, the proof will be in the VFL side. No substitute for match fitness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One could easily play defensive HF on Flanders or part of midfield rotation

Not when we have named 7 forwards inc. Williams

I would be pleasantly surprised if they used Cincotta in the midfield over Carroll but it goes against this whole next man up mantra.

I think Carroll gets a full game. If not I’d actually prefer a late change and for him to get one in the 2s.

Cowan for Marchbank makes sense with Holman for Day

Wondering which defender apart from Willams plays a different role

Cincotta midfield? Boyd further up the ground?

Intriguing
I’d love to see Cincotta and Cowan get an opportunity through the midfield

It's ridiculous. Nobody is managed after one game back. He's either in need of a fitness block, injured or dropped.

If Durdin is named as omitted, surely Marchbank is a big enough boy to cop the same label. If he's injured, say so.

If he's just unfit, the proof will be in the VFL side. No substitute for match fitness.

I would read into it that he was brought in prematurely last week because we were worried about a match up and perhaps the plan was for him to play 2-3 VFL games ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back