Position 2024 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

So anyone else going to go early on Ethan Phillips?

Mature aged rookie I think? Was in my original squad prior to round 1

Probably risky with Zreid still dead, but he’s not far off right? Right?

Good chance of another 123k forward rookie making a debut for Melbourne this week – Oliver Sestan. Big-bodied half-forward/mid. Andy Moniz-Wakefield (also a 123k forward) isn't far off either, but he plays the seagull HBF role which could be handy.

Annoying bye, however.

So anyone else going to go early on Ethan Phillips?

Mature aged rookie I think? Was in my original squad prior to round 1

Probably risky with Zreid still dead, but he’s not far off right? Right?
Like the look of Phillips yesterday but Sicily and Scrimshaw did not play.

Freijah or Richards? Surely Freijah has better job security based on McCreery, Harrison & Mitchell all being closed to a return (Mitchell pushing others out of the midfield and into a flank spot).
Great question, needing answers myself.
Harrison played at the weekend (green vest), so I think it's McCreery, Mitchell and Mihocek near term with Elliot a few weeks away. WHE and McInnes to go out after the weekend though.
On Freijah, he pushed Buku Khamis out of the side, anyone know why? Also, there's Bevo...

Great question, needing answers myself.
Harrison played at the weekend (green vest), so I think it's McCreery, Mitchell and Mihocek near term with Elliot a few weeks away. WHE and McInnes to go out after the weekend though.
On Freijah, he pushed Buku Khamis out of the side, anyone know why? Also, there's Bevo...
Richards only has to hold until their bye to be a success. 4 more games. Given he's performing well, Collingwood are winning, and their injury list I'm backing him to last that long. One more decent score and he'll get make $120k+.

Keath is a potato, they'd be better off playing Khamis.

well yeah sort of - Khamis had a couple of bad games defensively.

was really pointing out that Khamis out and smokin' Joel Freijah in are not related.

Interesting that No one is trading in McAuliffe this week. He probably has the best JS out of the rookies at the moment and only has 3% ownership.
Shush Shhhh GIF by MOODMAN

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does he have good js though?
He might end up being Richmond captain this week as they are dropping like flies each day.

Has rock solid JS compared to Richards and Freijah.

Does he have good js though?

He has a pulse that is good enough at the moment. :p
But seriously he had 20 Disposals and scored 62 in a 20 goal smashing he will get more games.
If he can play the next 4 games before the Round 15 Bye he could make $150k

He's our 4th try at a true winger.
Poulter looks like he's out.
Baker has been given plenty of chances and Williams is hit & miss.
Really looked good to me on Saturday. Much like the others mentioned the bye is the key, and I'd be surprised now if he doesn't play those 4 games.

For anyone else wondering, I suspect Keath can bench press about 4x that of Khamis. 😉

Rate their JS for the next 4 games:
Richards, Freijah, McAuliffe
Richards - 50/50
Joe Freijah - Bevo factor = campaigner.
McAuliffe = Will most likely be captain-coach if the Tiggies get any more injuries.

If money is no issue then go with McAullife. 20 touches in an absolute pantsing and will only get better. He attended 22 CB’s as well.

Rate their JS for the next 4 games:
Richards, Freijah, McAuliffe

McAuliffe, most turnovers for Richmond. (5).
Top 3 for clangers (6).

Baker due back this week.
Campbell could be back this week.
Graham and Hopper could both be back in 2.

Does he make it to round 14?

Richards looked great eye-test-wise (hyphen-hyphen), but similar players coming back...

Frasier/Feijoa see above. I think he's the one that sticks.
(For the "Bevo sux!" crowd, Gallagher and Garcia are both playing well and stating firmly put).

McAuliffe, most turnovers for Richmond. (5).
Top 3 for clangers (6).

Baker due back this week.
Campbell could be back this week.
Graham and Hopper could both be back in 2.

Does he make it to round 14?

Richards looked great eye-test-wise (hyphen-hyphen), but similar players coming back...

Frasier/Feijoa see above. I think he's the one that sticks.
(For the "Bevo sux!" crowd, Gallagher and Garcia are both playing well and stating firmly put).

Graham at least 3 weeks away he came back too early
Campbell at least 2 weeks away and plays half forward
Hopper at least 3 weeks away
Baker will replace Mansell

Also McAuliffe had 5 clangers and 2 were FA

Mid season draft is next week May 29th - with Naismith done for the year with ACL Tigers have 3 picks and whomever they pick should almost get a game pretty quickly to see if they are worth keeping

Lions have 4 picks - they'll be looking at more mature blokes in QLD like Kyle Dunkley (Lions VFL) and Boyd Woodcock and Jacob Dawson (Southport Sharks)

Freijah surely holds his place in the Dogs side until Libba comes back in 3 weeks

Schoenmaker can't be far off a debut for the Saints - especially seeing they need Sinclair to play more MID minutes than HBF minutes to help Steele and co.

Graham at least 3 weeks away he came back too early
Campbell at least 2 weeks away and plays half forward
Hopper at least 3 weeks away
Baker will replace Mansell

Also McAuliffe had 5 clangers and 2 were FA

Sorry, yep 5.
That means he had 6 turnovers though. 😁

(Sorry, not taking the p1ss, just being factual).

I also didn't realise that he had so many CBAs. 👍

Mid season draft is next week May 29th - with Naismith done for the year with ACL Tigers have 3 picks and whomever they pick should almost get a game pretty quickly to see if they are worth keeping

Lions have 4 picks - they'll be looking at more mature blokes in QLD like Kyle Dunkley (Lions VFL) and Boyd Woodcock and Jacob Dawson (Southport Sharks)

Freijah surely holds his place in the Dogs side until Libba comes back in 3 weeks

Schoenmaker can't be far off a debut for the Saints - especially seeing they need Sinclair to play more MID minutes than HBF minutes to help Steele and co.
North will be filling holes in our list.
We could pick anyone
Swiss Cheese GIF by zuggamasta

Last edited:

sinc is best behind the ball, we are ok with defenders so shoenmaker might still wait

having said that , we're shit everywhere really

Remove this Banner Ad

Back