Game Day 2024 Round 11 Discussion - Indigenous Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aboriginal Round

From the moment Joey Johnson took the field for Fitzroy in the early 1900s, he became the standard bearer that created a pathway for future generations of Aboriginal kids. Sir Doug Nicholls, forced from a club that he was training with due to racism, laid the foundations for others, showing his people that grit and determination could overcome the obstacle and pain of racism. We marvelled at Big Polly, one of the Stolen Ones who changed the way the game was played. We saw the Krakouer brothers set Waverley alight, and we looked on in awe at perhaps the greatest of them all, Stephen Michael, oh what could have been. We watched as the Aboriginal players of the 70s and 80s were berated, ridiculed and tormented, yet they still turned up week in and week out to play for their clubs. We were there when Nicky took a stand and said ‘no more’ and Michael made the long walk to ensuring that future generations of Aboriginal players did not have to face the wrath of racists both on and off the field. We hung our heads in shame as a champion was booed from the game. We were blessed to see Buddy, Rioli, Lewis, Goodes, Matera, Wanganeen and so many more champions of the game. So, in this Aboriginal Round, stop and reflect on the great contributions that Aboriginal players have made to the game but take a moment to think about those lost to the game due to racism or a lack of understanding of Aboriginal culture. Think about those that pulled on their jumpers every week knowing the torrent of abuse that was ahead.
So now we turn to Supercoach, and like the great spirit dreaming's, let us dream, dream big, dream high and may all your Supercoach dreams come true this weekend.

Last edited:
Zerrett with the save for captain score 😮‍💨 what could have been though if he pulled the finger out earlier.

Martin 💩 last quarter, left a 110 out there. Needed it as a POD.

Brown MIA in last.
Brad scott needs to stop being a campaigner and leave him back in the last quarters to let him junk up

1307/12C

Not a great Saturday. Noticed Flanders out with about 15 min to go. Already secured Richards score on the bench. So a bit of fortunate DPP magic got Wilson back from the midfield bench to replace him. Just in the nick of time. Glad I looked.

Whitfield and Green’s scores were hard to take after Darcy and Macrae were no good, Serong a bit below par. New boy Ryan a good VC score.

Going to back Reid to beat Sullivan’s 88 on the bench with an E. Could go either way. Any advice? Should I bite the bullet and take Sullivan’s score.

Kept Yeo so got him straight back on field. Hope he makes it worthwhile!

Last edited:
Got my sons big fat greek baptism tomorrow, so I won't watch any footy. I'll drunkenly check my score late in the evening and do a few rage trades before bed.

GL everyone, happy Sunday!
Congratulations! Na ton herese 🙏

Scoops out playing footy.
Saw none of the games, don't seem to have had as many of the underperformers and it's boat race time.
Happy days (other than Tom Green, what is going on with that bloke?)

buttox Makeshift Park that 'transition Sheeze to the mids' project looks like it came in one year ahead of schedule and forfteen million dollars below budget.
Go jet tendencies, does Harry

18/1876 (C)
Gawn, Oliver, Zorko and Steele to come.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

17/1508

Having a nightmare round - bound to happen eventually

Was keeping the E on Maley to be able to take Serongs VC score. Serong ended up with a terrible VC score, missed the E on Richards and then this happened:

IMG_2669.jpeg

100 points sitting on the bench in a already shocking round

Need big games from Max C, Sinc, Steele, Dawson, and Wilson to get be over the line. Not looking promising this week

Ended up being a double-downgrade week, but it was a last minute decision due to Flanders, so ended up with Swallow instead of Richards for 65k more and 45 points less, while passing up on my initial trade-ins of Clark and Fisher.

1660/18 (lol). Gawn C, Steele, Oliver and Wilson to come.

A 42, 55 and disappointing scores from all of Houston, Serong, Green, Jackson and to a lesser extent Touk and Heeney means yet another fall in the rankings is coming. Just hope Gawn puts in a big one to help salvage things a bit.

Have some cash to go shopping next week though, and a decent plan for the byes, so hoping I can (finally) make up some ground.

8/914 or 8/1046(c) if I take Ryan’s score

Fyfe the biggest let down, had him on the chopping block until Sam Darcy (e) put up 42, so decided to keep Fyfe instead of taking Darcy’s score - not sure it was worth the 14 points 🤦‍♂️

Sheezel, Powell

Walsh, Miller, Flanders, Clohesy, Rogers (e)

Green, Whitfield

Martin

Current projected 2305
18/1820 (c)

Projected score dropped a bit down to 2260 on the back of Flanders being out.

New recruit Zorko

Steele, Gawn

Dawson

buttox Makeshift Park that 'transition Sheeze to the mids' project looks like it came in one year ahead of schedule and forfteen million dollars below budget.
Go jet tendencies, does Harry
He's building nicely. I still expect some down games but we need to be running our future midfield together as much as we can.
It's improved ldu a bit also.
We just need Wardlaw to continue this year's uptick and get some more run in his legs.

I in no way condone day drinking..
But if you do you'll be rewarded with a sweet donut from Flanders. Yum
Salivating Homer Simpson GIF

1688c with Gawn, piggy, Zorko, Meek, Moore and Wilson to go. Really hope Wilson doesn't crap the bed on the day we all need him to step up. Some of the projections seem a little high, especially Moore. Projected 2347. Reality probably more like 2280.

Edit: Nice to see Holmes finally play a 4th quarter.

1796/17 (c)

Premos disappointing again
Houston, Green especially. Grundy, Heeney, Martin less so but you don’t pay big $$$ for 90s
Started Comben over Clohesy for 20ish points but lost whatever I gained by taking Garcia’s score then watching Richards ton up. Classic rook lotto

Emergency recruit The Toaster (thanks Ned)
Oliver, Gawn, Steele, Wilson

A Zorko stinker would be much appreciated…

18/1836 (C)

Steele, Oliver, Gawn, Dawson to come.

Just not my round, goodbye top 500.

Houston, Jackson, Heeney, Grundy, Touk, Martin, Tom Green, Serong all sub tons as premos, Butters (C) underwhelming and then had to cop Darcy's 42 for Flanders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back