List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

You can’t spend $ you don’t have.

Or attract high performers to work at Seaford for peanuts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thought it was pretty precious of them to make a big deal of it myself.
Graham Kennedy used to commute from Frankston to Channel9 in the days when he was the biggest celebrity in Australia.

Just like when we were trying to trade Billings, everyone on here is overrating what we'll get for Clark. Unfortunately he's not adding much to a potential trade offer (we'd likely only get a 3rd rounder for him at this stage) so anyone adding him in as a psuedo-1st round pick in hypothetical trades are kidding themselves.

The only Stars we get, are the Stars we draft.
LDU unlikely to come here.
This is a very good point. Depending how the season ends, which admittedly looking pretty rosemary thus far, we’re not an attractive destination. He’d have offers from top 6 clubs and the like. Youngsters need to elevate us over the next season

You can’t spend $ you don’t have.

Or attract high performers to work at Seaford for peanuts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should have seen all the staff we had for inclusivity then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would only trade 2 FRDP's for a gun if we were a genuine bona fide top 4 team. We are not there yet so why sacrifice 2 FRDP's? Get more FRDP's in the door and let SOS, Gubby and Dalrymple work their magic. We will have to agree to disagree Gringo.
LDU is the perfect demographic for our team. We forget how young some of our players are. Caminiti, Phillipou, Owens, Garcia, Windhager are all babies playing big roles. In 3 years time they will be powerful players and Steele and Marshall will be in the 30 year old brigade. LDU should be peaking then.

North would rather he go as a free agent anyway. Would trigger a better pick
Can't see any scenario where Norff don't match.
There'd need to be some serious discord for them to allow him to leave and the cost to us would probably be very damaging to other areas. Still, the opportunity to right our midfield would be too tempting to pass up.

I agree.

We now have Dalrymple. Give him more draft picks and not less.

Let’s draft our own rather than overpaying for others.
How many years have we been waiting to draft an A grade mid?

If one wants to come to our club, we have make it happen instead of continuing to wait for us to draft and develop one.

LDU is the mid we’ve been crying out for for 10 years. We won’t come close to getting a player as good as him with our next probably 5 first rounders because it’s impossible to get a player like him when your first pick starts at 10-12 then gets pushed out to 18-20.

Could we finally get a Geelong like go home factor player. Rye is just done the highway from us. Offer the campaigner $1.3+ a year x 5. He's a better investment than Hill or Hanners ever was. He'd be perfect for us. He's the mid we've needed for 5 years.
Probably loves a surf and Geelong seem happy to pay where necessary. Bailey Smith and LDU Geelong and Collingwood will be in the race.

LDU is the mid we’ve been crying out for for 10 years. We won’t come close to getting a player as good as him with our next probably 5 first rounders because it’s impossible to get a player like him when your first pick starts at 10-12 then gets pushed out to 18-20.
This is completely wrong on every conceivable level. Where in the draft did we pick Wilson? What about Montagna and Dal Danto?

We need to address our midfield badly at the end of the year, we cannot go into another season with Steele and a bunch of kids or finished triers. I understand we are in it for the long haul, so I wonder if someone like Neil Erasmus from freo would be worth shaking out? WA boy, but behind quiet a few in a pretty decent and young freo midfield in serong, Brayshaw, young, Fyfe, Johnson etc. still only 21/22, good size, and maybe the crows 2nd pick might get it done? Or even a future pick. Worth considering I think.

We need to address our midfield badly at the end of the year, we cannot go into another season with Steele and a bunch of kids or finished triers. I understand we are in it for the long haul, so I wonder if someone like Neil Erasmus from freo would be worth shaking out? WA boy, but behind quiet a few in a pretty decent and young freo midfield in serong, Brayshaw, young, Fyfe, Johnson etc. still only 21/22, good size, and maybe the crows 2nd pick might get it done? Or even a future pick. Worth considering I think.
First you say the above and then you say if we can shake out Erasmus who is still only 21/22. :straining::straining::straining::D:D:D Isn't 21/22 a kid?

I'd chase Riley Garcia. He was drafted as a mid and may want more midfield time. He was killing it in the VFL before being brought in for our game. Averaged 36 disposals and 1.5 goals per week over the first 3 rounds.

Angus Sheldrick from the Swans looks good too. High pick and only 20 but he's an inside mid and may want opportunity.

This is completely wrong on every conceivable level. Where in the draft did we pick Wilson? What about Montagna and Dal Danto?
Wilson should be a good player but an outside winger isn’t taking us where we want to go. Dal and Montagna were over 20 years ago so I’m not sure what the point of bringing them up is. Either way I’m not knocking our players it’s more about how good I think LDU is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back