2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I saw.

A bit late, given this is just for the 2022 season lol The deals would have been agreed before the list cutout date. At first when I saw it, I thought, an extra year on top of 2022? haha
Got to tick those kpi boxes , 9 goals in 5 games as a key forward , has anyone done less to stay on a AFL list , at least Oea averaged 19 possession.

Are any other overage academy players training with the main squad other than Bella? The reason I ask is because, if he's the only one currently training with the main group, then he's obviously the big favourite for us to pick him up as our one Cat B SSP selection we can make from this coming Monday until March.

With Austin Harris training for Essendon right now, surely we give Bella a chance and SSP him to the rookie list?

Are any other overage academy players training with the main squad other than Bella? The reason I ask is because, if he's the only one currently training with the main group, then he's obviously the big favourite for us to pick him up as our one Cat B SSP selection we can make from this coming Monday until March.

With Austin Harris training for Essendon right now, surely we give Bella a chance and SSP him to the rookie list?
[/QUOTE

We only have one rookie a spot, we didn't get two rookie b spots this year, as a overage academy player I don't think he is eligible for the SPP and finally we will take who we are told to take haven't you worked that out yet, those extra spots come with a caveat

Is it too early to nominate worst trade proposal of 2022? Cos we have an early contender.

From the West Coast thread on the Drafts Board:
Trade Rioli (Willie, from WCE) to Suns plus a 3rd for either Sharp or Powell plus a 2nd.
Nothing will ever beat 2019's on trade radio, bloke waited 24 mins to say it.

Brad & Matt Crouch, Brodie Smith & Tex Walker for Izak Rankine, Jack Lukosius Pick 1 (Matt Rowell), Pick 2 (Noah Anderson)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it too early to nominate worst trade proposal of 2022? Cos we have an early contender.

From the West Coast thread on the Drafts Board:
Trade Rioli (Willie, from WCE) to Suns plus a 3rd for either Sharp or Powell plus a 2nd.
Well we did give them four second rounders for pick 19 so anything is possible

Delighted to hear of Ben King re-signing with the Suns.

Great for your club and Queensland Footy in general.

I sincerely hope Gold Coast go well from hereon in.:thumbsu:

Connor Rozee signs on at port for another 2 years.

Was one of not many players I would of liked if someone wanted to head south at end of the year.

Connor Rozee signs on at port for another 2 years.

Was one of not many players I would of liked if someone wanted to head south at end of the year.

I hope that both Luko and Rankine re-signs with the Suns.

If either wanted a trade though, I can’t see them at Port. I’m not sure they would be willing to match the asking price and Port won’t have the draft capita.

Just looking at the out of contract players from other clubs, there is a few there I would love at the suns. Darcy Moore would look good at chb, bailey dale dashing out of defence but would be hoping the club is having a real go at will day. A suns supporter before getting drafted, cousin of Sam and a super talented player who hasn't had a great run with injury but could be a star. Make it happen suns recruiting team!

Just looking at the out of contract players from other clubs, there is a few there I would love at the suns. Darcy Moore would look good at chb, bailey dale dashing out of defence but would be hoping the club is having a real go at will day. A suns supporter before getting drafted, cousin of Sam and a super talented player who hasn't had a great run with injury but could be a star. Make it happen suns recruiting team!
Sorry to intrude, however, I am invested in the Suns rise up the ladder as they are my second team and I am a huge fan of Qld footy being a Queenslander and AFL fanatic. I have seen a lot of comparisons between the Lions rise and the Suns young talent trying to emulate that(Touk Miller mentioned the Lions rise as a blueprint). A big part of our rise in addition to all the young talent we drafted was the recruitment of stars like Neale, Cameron and Daniher. I definitely think the Suns should be aiming to add a gun this off season. If you win 10+ games and look like you're on the cusp of becoming a top 4 team by seasons end I think GC would be a very appealing option for OOC stars. Darcy Moore as you mentioned would be the perfect target in my opinion. A gun key defender in his prime who would be lethal in tandem with Sam Collins with Collins doing the elite shut down role and Moore intercepting at will.

I think the young talent the Suns have acquired is just as good if not superior to the Lions mix of Hipwood, Andrews, McClugagge, Bailey, Rayner, Starecvich ect. with King, Lukoisus, Rankine, Rowell, Anderson, Powell, Hollands and Andrew an insane collection of young talent. You have also recruited some shrewd trade/FA additions e.g. Ellis, Markov and Chol to compliment the 22 which the Lions did with guys like McCarthy, Cockatoo and Adams to name a few. I think if you can add a star or two of the next couple off seasons the Suns will be a perennial top 8 side for many years to come if not top 4.

P.S. I hope you flog the Eagles Sunday night!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back