Player Watch #23: Kane Lambert - Retired effective immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

jeez this sub loves trying to retire players, did anyone actually read the injury report? Its something he's been able to play with that just flared up. Will be managed and will be back in a few weeks. The fear-mongering is bizarre
Exactly what I was thinking. Finally got around to reading it myself and from the language in it, compared to here, I thought he must be in hospital getting his hip replaced.

Hope you are right and we are all jumping at shadow’s
But due to the period of time he’s been struggling with this hip, you have to be concerned. Sounds very much like a career threatening injury to me.
Time will tell and hoping like hell that negativity is wrong

Piss-poor management if true. Has a chronic injury that they could've helped rectified after last season but we wait for it to flare up just shy of round 1 to make the call.
These sort of comments show that your view of this is far too simplistic. Surgery carries risks and often in these conditions doesn't guarantee a good outcome by any means. So if you are faced with managing your condition with physiotherapy and other non intervention therapies that have worked previously but mean that relapses may occur, or a risky surgical approach that may or may not help, I can understand why a conservative approach may be preferable.

Last edited:
These sort of comments show that your view of this is far too simplistic. Surgery carries risks and often in these conditions doesn't guarantee a good outcome by any means. So if you are faced with managing your condition with physiotherapy and other non intervention therapies that have worked previously but mean that relapses may occur, or a risky surgical approach that may or may not help, I can understand why a conservative approach may be preferable.
Some people just don't seem to understand how much a club and players always take surgery as a last option.

A comment Hardwick made after the match puts things into a pretty grim perspective when it comes to Lambert:

"It is concerning. Any other player wouldn’t be playing, to be perfectly honest. What he does to get up for games is incredible."

"We thought we would get one – at a maximum two games – he's played the last four. Probably shows you how important he is that we start winning our games."

He really sounds like a week by week proposition at best. The fact that he has re-injured it (although some would argue it's never not injured) makes his situation even more problematic. Clearly whatever games we get out of him for the rest of this season (which certainly is his last) should be considered a bonus. Just saying if you get to see him again live, cherish the moment, there might not be a second opportunity.:disappointed:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Early retirement sounds best for him in the short/long term

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Just give him the year, no point taking two at the mid season
We will be lucky if we get one decent pick up

Not sure how you replace the great man if he's cooked. Stack? Dow?
We have guys waiting in the wings, Ross, Dow ready to go, RCD still needs a proper crack and even Parker if his form demands selection

Remove this Banner Ad

Back