AFL Player #25: Jake Stringer - 200th game against Richmond!

Remove this Banner Ad

i swear his 2022 gets more highly rated by the day. he was very good, he wasn't nearly the number one player in the comp...

It was 2021, and he was pretty good.

Post-bye he averaged 21 disposals and 2.3 goals a game, whilst also pulling 6.5 i50s and 6.2 clearances a game.

That's Bont / Petracca level clearance and i50 numbers whilst kicking the same number of goals as a full-time forward.

If he was doing that for a whole season he'd be pretty much the number one player in the comp.

i swear his 2022 gets more highly rated by the day. he was very good, he wasn't nearly the number one player in the comp...
He was in the second half of the season.

Another almost game from Jake.

He's going to tear a game apart soon
Or maybe he wont as that is how the coach wants them to play. Everyone does there part. We rely on no one to tear games apart. Maybe just stop giving him set shots 30 out in front and he will be kicking 3 every week :)

so did brent stanton in 2012 (?). again, for about 8 weeks. doesn't make you the 'best player in the comp'...

he also had a crap final against the dogs as i recall...
Stanton was awesome - he was the player Merrett wishes he was

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or maybe he wont as that is how the coach wants them to play. Everyone does there part. We rely on no one to tear games apart. Maybe just stop giving him set shots 30 out in front and he will be kicking 3 every week :)
what, in your opinion, does 'the coach' want stringer to do?

what, in your opinion, does 'the coach' want stringer to do?
What he is doing now . Other than kicking points. He has said in the past that he doesn’t want to rely on Stringer to win games .
Play your role make a few tackles.

yes but what's the 'play your role' part?
Do what he does in the middle and make sure when he is forward he keeps working both ways .
Fit into the team where you can and work with the other forwards.
Team role .

Last edited:
Plenty said that he was stiff not to make the AA team. I'm not always his biggest fan either but i agree with that. He got us across the line in 4 or 5 games through sheer individual brilliance- we would not have won without him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back