Retired #26: Cale Hooker - Has announced his retirement at season's end šŸ·

Remove this Banner Ad

He's been great for the team's structure, as was clear from the moment he swung forward in mid-2015, and fundamental to freeing up Daniher and allowing him to blossom as he has.

Get some reliability into his goalkicking through and he could be great individually too.

Last edited:

Big Hooksey could be the wildcard I feel.

Providing he gets over the injury his body would probably appreciate the break as much as Jobe's would I think. If he stands up and kicks 4 or 5 then that really takes the pressure off Joe to do his own thing.

Hooker has been fantastic this year but the big stage is where heroes are born.

So hang on, he participates in warm on the ground then pulls up sore and it's bone bruising?? Isn't that from high impact, jumping, tackling etc? Surely not just from warm ups.

Worried about Hurley, I thought he was a certainty at least.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I recall someone saying it. Maybe Woosha in the press conference afterwards? Not 100% sure.

Woosha mentioned in his press conference after the game that Hooker told them he was having issues with his calf. Maybe that's where the confusion came from?

That being said, didn't Dangerfield play on with bone bruising during the year?

So hang on, he participates in warm on the ground then pulls up sore and it's bone bruising?? Isn't that from high impact, jumping, tackling etc? Surely not just from warm ups.

Worried about Hurley, I thought he was a certainty at least.

I agree aeem pretty confident of getting up for freo game so they reated him a extra week and now the bye. Sounds like we are being kept in the dark again. At the very least we need a fit Hurley or i think we get torn apart. Every time we make finals we have key players out.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2017-09-07/hooker-injury-update
ā€œThe key for Cale was getting him to the point where he could run pain free, unfortunately he didnā€™t quite get there and we wanted to make the call early to ensure the team and coaches can have a clear focus on the team that will take the field."
"Cale remains a strong chance to play next week should we win on Saturday." "As was the case this week, pain will be the guide in terms of Cale's preparation from here on in." Essendonā€™s General Manager of Football Rob Kerr said.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back