Player Watch #31: Bayley ‘Slick’ Fritsch

Remove this Banner Ad

giphy.gif

Glad to see Bayley was able to recover from the codebreaker last night.

I heard on SEN yesterday he was one of our top forward pressure act players along with garlett, hogan and pedo.

After watching Richmond win the flag through their forward pressure it is definitely a big plus for bailey.

I've probably been holding back a bit on Fritschmania before now, and I'm still not sure what his long term future looks like, but how good is it having a player who can mark the ball and kick straight. Meat and potatoes stuff - such an underrated thing.

I've probably been holding back a bit on Fritschmania before now, and I'm still not sure what his long term future looks like, but how good is it having a player who can mark the ball and kick straight. Meat and potatoes stuff - such an underrated thing.

Doesn't fumble either. He's the opposite to the modern footballer. Someone who needs to be trained into an athlete rather than a footballer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has the ability to just hang in the air too when going for an overhead grab.

Already gives us more than Watts in the air/contest and to be honest his kicking is just as good around the ground and at goal

I reckon we've got a gem here, he really flies for the ball in the air and when he got stuck behind Hurley he got a punch in to lead to Spargo's first goal

Just seems to be a very smart footballer with a goal kicking technique you could watch all day on a loop

So this blokes a star in the making. Normally with some of our recent recruits we offer them an early contract extension their first year at the club. Id say the only reason we haven't offered Bay a further two is cause of the Macs and Brayshaw deals holding things up.

It's very rare to have a player with the right mix of silk, courage and footballing nous. To think of the talent we already had on our list before we even picked up this kid almost makes you feel a bit guilty. Oh boy this guy is going to be good when he gets on the protein shakes watch out

Surprisingly strong in the contest for a bloke who would look skinny in AFLW. Great mix of skill and hardness.

Does everything people thought watts did without being soft

That running mark into the goal square was underrated and it's not the first death defying mark he's launched for this year. He looks like Jane but plays like Tarzan. Unlike Wattsy who looked like Jane and played like Jane's little sister

Such beautiful skills and composure. Really impressed with how he has been going on the wing, he could be a very handy player there if he improves his tank to an elite level.

Manages to create space for himself and his first instinct is to kick. He's the natural successor to Lewis with added marking power.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back