Player Watch #31: Bayley ‘Slick’ Fritsch

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Salem is played down back out of necessity, adding Lever helps as he is a reliable short kick and won't commit stupid turnovers that TMac and Vince are guilty of. Gus also played half back last year and as long as Jonesy is playing good footy we won't need Gus in the middle, which means Salem should get a spot on the wing/half forward. Perhaps he takes ANB's half forward spot and ANB moves into the guts permanently? I'm not sure if Melksham, ANB, Salem can all coexist in one forward line, none of them have really natural forward instincts(a lot of ANB and Melksham's goals came on the counterattack but they don't score much in open play). Considering we also have Vandeberg who isn't a natural forward either, we might need our Harmes, Hannans and Fritsch's up forwards who have legitimate goal sense.

Think ANB will find himself on the HFF for quite a while. Scored quite a few goals this year from gut running and getting into dangerous areas. He'd probably be a solid enough midfield option, but I don't see him being a contested ball machine and his disposal isn't that dangerous, so where he's been playing recently seems like the best spot for him.

Think ANB will find himself on the HFF for quite a while. Scored quite a few goals this year from gut running and getting into dangerous areas. He'd probably be a solid enough midfield option, but I don't see him being a contested ball machine and his disposal isn't that dangerous, so where he's been playing recently seems like the best spot for him.

Waste of time using him in midfield. He was bloody good at linking up with hard running and delivering the ball inside 50. Him at the bottom of a pack is a waste.

Waste of time using him in midfield. He was bloody good at linking up with hard running and delivering the ball inside 50. Him at the bottom of a pack is a waste.
I need to apologise to Nibbler at some point. After his good debut against Geelong, I later came to the conclusion he was low level trade bait and a bit meh. But he has settled pretty well in his HFF and might end up a 200 gamer for us yet. Also he can run all day and has a reputation for training well. I might go along to training some time, approach him and say sorry mate just to confuse the s**t out of him.

This has quickly turned into an anyone but Fritta thread.

LIFT!
I totally forgot what the thread was for a moment there. Thanks for that.

Yo Fritta. Welcome to Melbourne.

Help us Redman. What else do you know about him?

Do you think he can make himself AFL sized? He is very skinny..

I've never watched a game of his so I know as much as you do footy wise.

The last 180+ guy from Coldy turned out alright.

He also went to Bimbadeen Heights Primary School (my 2nd primary school) which produced Sam Mitchell, Heath Hocking and Matthew Bishop.

I've never watched a game of his so I know as much as you do footy wise.

The last 180+ guy from Coldy turned out alright.

He also went to Bimbadeen Heights Primary School (my 2nd primary school) which produced Sam Mitchell, Heath Hocking and Matthew Bishop.

So a 33% chance of being a legend and a 66% chance of being a premiership player

Bayley FRITSCH
2017 VFL (Casey Demons)

Totals
  • 19 games
  • 42 goals
  • 13 behinds
  • 9 times in best players list
Averages
  • 7.8 kicks
  • 4.5 handballs
  • 12.3 disposals
  • 5.3 marks
  • 1.9 tackles
  • 1.9 inside 50s
  • 0.3 rebound 50s
  • 0.5 frees for
  • 0.4 frees against
  • 69.32 Dream Team points

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats on getting this guy, he's got good character and hasn't taken an easy path to AFL level. Has always had great skills by foot and is more versatile than you might think. Could see him even playing midfield in the future with his composure, endurance and quality of disposal. Really nice easy set shot at goal and overall a good bloke to have at the club.

We've found another one people. He just gets the modern game, moves well in transition and has a sense for his teammates and the play.

Bloody good.

We've found another one people. He just gets the modern game, moves well in transition and has a sense for his teammates and the play.

Bloody good.
Also remembering he was picked up with the pick we got for watts. Wouldn’t be surprised if he outplays watts this year. Andnin a similar role. He a real competitor to.

Bloody good.

Also remembering he was picked up with the pick we got for watts. Wouldn’t be surprised if he outplays watts this year. Andnin a similar role. He a real competitor to.

#InFrittaDeesTrust.

Bloody good.
Goody stopped himself before proclaiming him a certain Rd1 starter post game too.

Kid is a gun, uses the ball so well, as is dangerous around goal. If looked at as a straight swap for Watts, we'll probably come out in front, this year, not to mention the ones to follow.

Meanwhile Mr and Mrs Fritsch have stitched him up, ineligible for for the Rising Star by about 4 weeks.

Amazing that 2 years in a row we have found someone who looks capable of kicking 30 goals at AFL level in the VFL. This kid looks classy too. Beautiful vision and doesn't mind his head over the pill. Our recruiting department is on fire outside apart from Weid

Agree with all the above. From what I’ve seen in two JLT games I think he’s the best kick on our list. He just does not miss targets. He’s brave too, and got plenty of footy smarts. He was playing on Geary against the Saints who I’d say is their best small to mid defender and Fritsch just flogged him. As has been said above, I think this kid is going to give us everything Watts did and more. Thank god he lasted until he did in the draft, he’s looking like a steal.

He has a real footy brain. Knows where and, more importantly, when to go. Just needs to learn when not to leap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back