Toast 31. Will Schofield (2007 - 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Really handy player. Quick, tall and can counter attack.

Unfortunately he's a bit of a knob in person.

I have had the opposite with Schoey, had a number of chats with him last year, found him to be a great bloke, could pretty much ask him anything. Shuey and him were decent guys to speak to and get along with!

I have had the opposite with Schoey, had a number of chats with him last year, found him to be a great bloke, could pretty much ask him anything. Shuey and him were decent guys to speak to and get along with!
I saw him outside JKs bed shop. Walked up to him and I said hi, he looked at me, looked away and walked past without a word. He's a knob. Will always think of him as such.

I saw him outside JKs bed shop. Walked up to him and I said hi, he looked at me, looked away and walked past without a word. He's a knob. Will always think of him as such.

Put yourself in his shoes. If a random came up to me and said hello, it would be a bit of a strange experience.

AFL players do not have to talk to randoms in the street just like you dont. Yeh maybe he should have said hi but when you approach players cold then you have to expect these responses at times. I often see players in and around Subi and never once considered saying hi. You see people doing it and its just awkward.

AFL players do not have to talk to randoms in the street just like you dont. Yeh maybe he should have said hi but when you approach players cold then you have to expect these responses at times. I often see players in and around Subi and never once considered saying hi. You see people doing it and its just awkward.
When he posted on twitter he was going to be there (JK was having a fundraiser for MS) and encouraged people to come down and say hi, do so and are completely ignored, you're going to feel slightly offended. If someone approached me in public and said hi, would I say hi back? Of course. I'm not a knob, granted it would be awkward, but hey, I generally don't go on twitter and encourage people to come and say hi to me.

It wasn't just me, a little girl walked up to him for a signature (he was wearing an eagles hoodie) and he just walked past her as well, I'm sure he saw her. If you don't want to talk to people, fine, you're entitled to, but don't encourage it on twitter. He was actually pretty cold to JK as well now that I remember it. JK greeted him with a "Hey Mate" and he said a grunted "hi".

IDK. Maybe he'd had a s**t day. I did meet him once in... 2008 I think. Told me how he and Matt Spangher were housemates. Still learning where suburbs in WA were.

maybe his beard was in the way and he never saw or heard either of you??

2013 Round 1 V Fremantle:

Kicks: 5
Handballs: 4
Marks: 2
Hit Outs: 2
Tackles: 7

Managed to get to the game and was sitting right on the lower deck behind the interchange benches; made tracking players hardish compared to my members seats behind the city end in the second tier but tried to keep a schoey. He obviously plays that 3rd tall role and was swapping on players like mayne, kepler bradley, griffin and at times was on de boer. For mine he was very solid, didn't do much wrong and constantly put himself in between the ball and freo forwards as evidenced by pav crunching him. Used the ball well by foot, didn't appear to have many (if any) goals kicked directly on him but spent a lot of the time on the high forward line emphasised by the full ground press, which saw him up around half forward and the wing. Glaring negative was his kick out from full back where he ran himself into trouble in the pocket and had to rush a kick out from the back line, IIRC it was retured with interest. Overall a 6.5/10 for mine

Been flat out busy, so will try to get the game stats up for schoey to date;

2013 Round 2 v Hawthorn

Kicks: 2
Handballs: 1
Tackles: 1

Very quiet game by schoey as he had to contend with hawthorns monster forward line. Not a great game for the club nor schofield

2013 Round 3 v Melbourne

Kicks: 6
Handballs: 7
Scoring: 0.1

Bounce back for both west coast and schofield, modest performance in a big win

2013 Round 4 v Carlton

Kicks: 12
Handballs: 2
Marks: 5
Hit Outs: 1

Schoey switched between bigs and smalls all night, was better suited against the talls, again a modest performance in a dissapointing west coast loss

2013 Round 6 v Western Bulldogs
Late inclusion for Beau Waters

Kicks: 9
Handballs: 5
Marks: 9
Tackles: 3

Consistent game with lack of forward entry from the dogs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2013 Round 7 v Brisbane

Kicks: 9
Marks: 1
Tackles: 2

Hard game with wet conditions all day, modest performance once again

2013 Round 8 v North Melbourne

Kicks: 3

Limited impact injured during the game

WAFL 2013 Round 13 East Perth v Perth

Kicks: 8

Recovering from finger injury, should be available for selection v Hawthorn

WAFL 2013 Round 14 East Perth v East Fremantle

Kicks: 8
Marks: 4

Was limited in his game time due to the 6 day break between WAFL fixtures and Thursday night v Essendon, seems he is a chance to play as a replacement for shannon hurn.

Will_Schofield_Small.jpg

2013 Round 14 v Essendon

Kicks: 6
Handballs: 5
Marks: 5

Quietish game, started forward then when back in the 2nd half, i thought he was handy as a forward, presented well, made contests when he didnt mark, will look for him to build in the next weeks coming back from a layoff and some games in the WAFL

Looked dis-interested aginst the bombers. I think his having a big sook, because Brown has gone past him.
If I was him, I wouldnt be pushing the lazy button just yet- great candidate for trade bait- early draft pick swap under new coach !

His whole season has been underwhelming really, needs to get his ass into gear quickly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back