Player Watch #32 - Corey Ellis

Remove this Banner Ad

I will add on this: he didn't kick it to where Lids was, which would have seen Lids crunched by Sandilands and Duffield. He put the ball where Lids needed to go to mark it, which was 5-8m in front of him. Centimetre-perfect. A metre off and Lids was road kill. Brilliant.

Loved Dimma on SEN - "He went to kick it and I shouted, 'What are you doing!!', then I saw the kick".

He's a beautiful, beautiful player

Inside mid, remember. And with that left leg...

Manage him well and his 2017 onwards could be very special. It's already produced some breathtaking cameos

Agree. He is still a kid and very much still in development mode. Next year will be his first preseason. Takes 3 preseasons / years to get the body up to AFL level. Until then, manage him carefully.

What number does he get next year?

I'm OK with 7. Or 1. He's a boss
So Dea's gone then? I know he's had long enough to prove himself but I'd have thought he is still reasonable depth. Was good defensively vs Ess VFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I seriously think he's a bust. Can't play at AFL level and a skinny kid in his first year in Menadue is getting a game ahead of Lennon.

On what basis is your assumption he can't play at AFL level after we've given him 2 full games and he's been the sub in all others he's played in. I think he played pretty well in both of his full games for memory. We shouldn't forget he's still 19 and had 2 operations (knee and hip) since arriving at the club. Give him at least another 2 years before writing him off.

I seriously think he's a bust. Can't play at AFL level and a skinny kid in his first year in Menadue is getting a game ahead of Lennon.

That skinny kid is in the top 4 fittest players at the club. He has also had 0 touches on the weekend and 1 touch the other week. Yes both games he was sub, but i'd hardly say he has been amazing. Just doing his job.

Lennon last year showed he can play and picked up 16 touches twice. He has missed two preseasons and is not anywhere near as fit as Menadue is naturally.

I'm not having a go at Menadue as i rate him very highly. But right now he has had luck on his side in regards to playing AFL. His VFL form peaked just after our lowest point for the season and he broke into a side that went on to win 4 in a row.

Lennon came in when the side was at its lowest ebb for the season and dropped after one game before going back and being solid in the VFL as the side went on a 4 game win streak.

The only way we'd need to hand over 32 to a free agent is if Ben Cousins makes a comeback!!
images

1 Condition , Take it or leave it

I'll come but tell Corey #32 is MINE !!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back