Player Watch #34: Jackson Archer

Remove this Banner Ad

He certainly knows where the man who has the ball is, zeroed in before smashing campaigners numerous times yesterday. He will need to be able to find the ball himself on transition more often going forward.

There's a career there for him if he works hard enough, which he will.

anyone know who he mainly played on and how they went? Watching him in the vfl has shown he seems more like a lockdown defender doesnt worry about possessions. obvs thats a defenders job first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol his dad had an extra 22kg on him at a similar age
Back in the day when and a pie and a ciggy was the breakfast of norm smith medallists. Well actually even then I'd say archer was a rare bird.

It was NEVER archers physical attributes that made him great, nor his football skills - it was the dog that lived inside him.

Probably the clearest human equivalent I've seen to how a beautiful and loving pitbull will go absolutely banana lockjaw pants wetting behaviour when threatened, nervous and scared. Problem for the opposition was that's exactly what happened to him every time he booted up - he only had one way to conquer his fears on the footy ground - become a living nightmare for every opposition player he was on.

They don't make those types all the time, not really - I mean sure many of us softies would like to think we could switch it on and be a killer on the field, but there is a certain amount of mental wiring that you need to have those fear emotions take you from soft as butter to 'I will hurt you no matter how much i get hurt'.

We don't need him to be that, not this day in age, but sure as s**t you can see that he has the wiring. Lets face it, for a kid who would no doubt of been tagged as someone who got on the roster because of his dad, is without a shadow of a doubt going to get another contract and does in fact have a growth trend that could see him become a important part of our future.

On ya archer, still delivering the goods to us for the price of a pie and a ciggy.

1659363146840.png

Back in the day when and a pie and a ciggy was the breakfast of norm smith medallists. Well actually even then I'd say archer was a rare bird.

It was NEVER archers physical attributes that made him great, nor his football skills - it was the dog that lived inside him.

Probably the clearest human equivalent I've seen to how a beautiful and loving pitbull will go absolutely banana lockjaw pants wetting behaviour when threatened, nervous and scared. Problem for the opposition was that's exactly what happened to him every time he booted up - he only had one way to conquer his fears on the footy ground - become a living nightmare for every opposition player he was on.

They don't make those types all the time, not really - I mean sure many of us softies would like to think we could switch it on and be a killer on the field, but there is a certain amount of mental wiring that you need to have those fear emotions take you from soft as butter to 'I will hurt you no matter how much i get hurt'.

We don't need him to be that, not this day in age, but sure as s**t you can see that he has the wiring. Lets face it, for a kid who would no doubt of been tagged as someone who got on the roster because of his dad, is without a shadow of a doubt going to get another contract and does in fact have a growth trend that could see him become a important part of our future.

On ya archer, still delivering the goods to us for the price of a pie and a ciggy.

View attachment 1463416

All fair, except you are severely underselling Arch's skills. He was sublimely skilled in addition to (and overlooked because of) the killer instinct that was his defining feature.

All fair, except you are severely underselling Arch's skills. He was sublimely skilled in addition to (and overlooked because of) the killer instinct that was his defining feature.
He was a great football player. Perhaps I also overlook them a bit because we had a lot of highly skilled players, but only one archer.

Archer Jnr back in the (current) best 22.

He must be rated internally as he is getting a game in front of a few others who many on here seem to rate higher. (Goater, Mahony, Bonar etc)

Go well Jackson, must have earned his spot back.

Archer Jnr back in the (current) best 22.

He must be rated internally as he is getting a game in front of a few others who many on here seem to rate higher. (Goater, Mahony, Bonar etc)

Go well Jackson, must have earned his spot back.
Disappointed for Goater not playing but not fussed at all Jacko getting a game in front of the other 2 .

Getting a game on his Dad's name, hopefully gets a kick.

giphy.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back