Player Watch #35 Kirsty Lamb

Remove this Banner Ad

A good pick up (as we needed an experienced player to replace Erin) but not worth pick 4 (in the mega trade) she probably was worth 1st round pick 21 + 3rd round pick 44.

(and on a side note: - Lily Johnson was probably worth 3rd round pick 56). So, i dont know how 1st round pick 4 was involved.

This one hurts the most but I wish Kirsty Lamb nothing but the best you port fans will love her
Sad Doctor Who GIF

Last edited:
A good pick up (as we needed an experienced player to replace Erin) but not worth pick 4 (in the mega trade) she probably was worth 1st round pick 21 + 3rd round pick 44.

(and on a side note: - Lily Johnson was probably worth 3rd round pick 56). So, i dont know how 1st round pick 4 was involved.

I don't think it will make much difference. The AFLW draft works a little bit different to the Men. Players have the option to nominate a State, so as long as our pick stays ahead of the Crows (which it does). Then we have the 1st pick of SA talent, maybe picking someone like Piper Window, so it's likely we pick the same player anyway.

I don't think it will make much difference. The AFLW draft works a little bit different to the Men. Players have the option to nominate a State, so as long as our pick stays ahead of the Crows (which it does). Then we have the 1st pick of SA talent, maybe picking someone like Piper Window, so it's likely we pick the same player anyway.

Thanks for this, I wasn't aware of this rule and I was getting infuriated that we kept putting that we had "the first SA pick" in the draft in our social media posts, thinking we were just trying to one-up the crows.

Small clarification regarding the article on the club website: While Lamb did indeed play high level cricket from 2012 to 2016, it's not as if she took up football for the first time when AFLW started.

Won the BOG medal in the 2012 VWFL GF, and still played a few more state league seasons for Diamond Creek between then and 2017 (missed 2013 and 2015 from memory).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RossFC did anyone wear the number 35 for us in the SANFL after John McCarthy passed away in 2012?

If not then Kirsty Lamb is the first PAFC #35 since then.
I went back to a 2013 footy budget and I see Luke Reynolds in the SANFL reserves wearing 35.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back