Player Watch #36: Tyler Sellers

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure what Tyler is being told by the coaching staff but he really needs to get on his bike and lead, lead, lead! Larkey gave him the perfect block at one point and he should have taken off immediately but he didn't.

He's not getting involved in the play because he's not involving himself enough in the play. He spent most of his time hanging out the back and when the ball was kicked long in to our forward line, he was always competing for the mark 4 or 5 deep.

Often when he does look like he's going to lead, he takes 3 or 4 steps then aborts. Doesn't commit to it.

He needs to be micro-managed on his forward craft. I think there's a player there but he just hasn't worked out how to get involved.
Bizarrely he leads more when he is in the twos and there is no other big forward. He competed with Larkey 100% of the time as did Curtis for that matter. The only one who got out and made themselves a target was Zurhaar occasionally. There should be 4 targets for a player with the ball. How in the #### are they all flying for the same ball ? Why are Sellers etc not taking players away from Larkey at the very least. Just abominable. Finnbar is raw as onions but has a better leap, runs harder, competes better and has enthusiasm. If we are going to have blokes compete for the same ball he at least will split a pack and maybe, just maybe someone will learn to crumb. Look at you P Curtis. And I know Finnbar isnt ready. Man it's frustrating.

Bizarrely he leads more when he is in the twos and there is no other big forward. He competed with Larkey 100% of the time as did Curtis for that matter. The only one who got out and made themselves a target was Zurhaar occasionally. There should be 4 targets for a player with the ball. How in the #### are they all flying for the same ball ? Why are Sellers etc not taking players away from Larkey at the very least. Just abominable. Finnbar is raw as onions but has a better leap, runs harder, competes better and has enthusiasm. If we are going to have blokes compete for the same ball he at least will split a pack and maybe, just maybe someone will learn to crumb. Look at you P Curtis.
The best analogy for playing in this side, is it’s like rocking up to your first day of work, no induction and the team you work in is made up of people with less than a weeks experience or people that either are useless or don’t give a *.

Imagine trying to integrate yourself into a new job under those circumstances.

The best analogy for playing in this side, is it’s like rocking up to your first day of work, no induction and the team you work in is made up of people with less than a weeks experience or people that either are useless or don’t give a *.

Imagine trying to integrate yourself into a new job under those circumstances.

Unless the coaches said not to lead, this is absolute crap. Play your natural game and try and make a difference. Being new gives him the unique advantage of not learning the bad habits everyone else has. He has been terrible.

Unless the coaches said not to lead, this is absolute crap. Play your natural game and try and make a difference. Being new gives him the unique advantage of not learning the bad habits everyone else has. He has been terrible.
They are told to play to instructions. Unless you are an out and out superstar players aren’t given the licence to go rogue and do what they want.

****ed if I know what his instructions were, but I’m sure he didn’t just wake up and think it might be a good idea to ignore coaches instructions and do whatever he felt like.

You also have to remember at AFL level he isn’t the No.1 Banana which would be foreign to him given he’s the go to guy VFL level.

This would be such a s**t team to try and adapt and learn in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back