Player Watch #36: Tyler Sellers

Remove this Banner Ad

For structure, and also knowing the footy god, as soon as ccj is pulled, xerri will do a serious injury. By then we are up s**t creek without a paddle.
Structure? Larkey averaged more goals last year when CCJ wasn’t in the side compared to when he was in the side, so I’m not sure how much support he offers.
Playing a player in the 22 who offers very little, just in case Xerri gets an injury mid game is not a good enough reason to play him ahead of a genuine forward IMO.
St.Kilda runs with Mitch Owens (191cm) as their second ruck & are doing ok.

Precisely the reason why he isn't in the team. He is very similar to larkey in that his strength is positioning. There wasn't any pack busting work, there was not a lot of signs of strong arming others. 2 key fwd must complement each other. Sellers isn't fully ready for afl particular this early in the season where every team will be at their strongest and most competitive state. Having him coming and get belted would demoralise him and might completely kill off his career.

I am certain he will debut but in the 2nd half of the season where the ladder structure is set, injuries have piled up, some teams have lost morale and edge and all this will give him a much easier transition into AFL. He might even snag a bag or two that wouldgive him huge confidence boost that would set his career up for years to come.

This isnt afl evolution video game where you go oh this 2m player bad, so i replace him with a 193 cm player who seems to have better stat.
Lers get Luc Longley in the mid season draft and plonk him at CHF. He’s 214 cms so should be better than CCJ eh?

This isnt afl evolution video game where you go oh this 2m player bad, so i replace him with a 193 cm player who seems to have better stat.
Coleman-Jones is s**t.

He’s beyond s**t actually.

He’s what s**t passes when it takes a s**t.

At this point I’d rather you lining up at centre half forward than Coleman-Jone.
At the very least I would expect to be disappointed and not be lured in by having any hope.

Last edited:
Precisely the reason why he isn't in the team. He is very similar to larkey in that his strength is positioning. There wasn't any pack busting work, there was not a lot of signs of strong arming others. 2 key fwd must complement each other. Sellers isn't fully ready for afl particular this early in the season where every team will be at their strongest and most competitive state. Having him coming and get belted would demoralise him and might completely kill off his career.

I am certain he will debut but in the 2nd half of the season where the ladder structure is set, injuries have piled up, some teams have lost morale and edge and all this will give him a much easier transition into AFL. He might even snag a bag or two that wouldgive him huge confidence boost that would set his career up for years to come.
Are your eyes painted on? He took two great grabs in packs. That would be two more contested grabs than concrete hands would take in a game.

He isn’t a young kid. Not playing him and giving him a chance to show what he has will kill his career.

I’m sure they didn’t select him as a SSP to put him on ice or give him some soft run into the AFL. They may as well have not filled the spot if that was the intention.

enough of this stupidity, a 2nd game player on the flank showed him up yesterday. his height is completely irrellevent as he simply cannot play,

You're right, I've got no idea why we gave him a list spot guy can't take a pack busting mark… Tyler-Sellers.jpg download.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it aint rocket science either, bloke cant play, drop him, sheesh even your old partner in crime the zibel has quietly jumped of the ccj bandwagon, your the only one spruking for him now.

Are your eyes painted on? He took two great grabs in packs. That would be two more contested grabs than concrete hands would take in a game.

He isn’t a young kid. Not playing him and giving him a chance to show what he has will kill his career.

I’m sure they didn’t select him as a SSP to put him on ice or give him some soft run into the AFL. They may as well have not filled the spot if that was the intention.
1C1A7292.jpeg I’ve got plenty of pack mark shots from the past 12 months if anyone’s interested. 😂

1C1A7417.jpeg
He’s 21 but he’s always looked older because he’s such a solid unit. Well, that and the mo, maybe. 😂

Bottom line is Sellers is showing form in the VFL and the other bloke has been a dud.

Time to make a change and see if something new works?

It’s not worth holding him out for what is literally 10 mins a game of the most pathetic relief ruckwork you would see at AFL level and no impact up forward. If anything it’s become a negative impact to Larkey’s game.

View attachment 1939029I’ve got plenty of pack mark shots from the past 12 months if anyone’s interested. 😂

View attachment 1939030
He’s 21 but he’s always looked older because he’s such a solid unit. Well, that and the mo, maybe. 😂
there's a view abroad that Tyler can't crash a pack, so yes please, some documentary evidence might inform the conversation

there's a view abroad that Tyler can't crash a pack, so yes please, some documentary evidence might inform the conversation
I wouldn’t call it broad. Maybe one or two that have their eyes painted on have missed the highlights of him tacking pack marks.

Not that he needs to be that anyway. What we really need is a smart forward that can get dangerous and run patterns that makes their opponent think twice about sagging off to double team Larkey.

At the moment we have a lumbering big bloke that gets in Larkey’s way and can’t pluck a contested mark to save himself.

I don’t think anyone would be expecting miracles from Sellers, but if he can play that second banana role competently we are on to a winner.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t call it broad. Maybe one or two that have their eyes painted on have missed the highlights of him tacking pack marks.

Not that he needs to be that anyway. What we really need is a smart forward that can get dangerous and run patterns that makes their opponent think twice about sagging off to double team Larkey.

At the moment we have a lumbering big bloke that gets in Larkey’s way and can’t pluck a contested mark to save himself.

I don’t think anyone would be expecting miracles from Sellers, but if he can play that second banana role competently we are on to a winner.
I've given up defending CCJ. He's just not a forward. That's what we need to accept.

Agree with everything above.

Last edited:
it aint rocket science either, bloke cant play, drop him, sheesh even your old partner in crime the zibel has quietly jumped of the ccj bandwagon, your the only one spruking for him now.

Well, there is another, his name is Alistair Clarkson so if a 4 times permiership coach thinks CCJ is good to persist with, then it trumps all of reasons to get rid off him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back