Player Watch #37 Matthew Parker - Returned home to WA effective immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

Castagna should play VFL as a midfielder in 22, our small forwards role is like chasing cars, even dogs grow out of it
Think we should use George's biggest asset.His speed up the ground more.With the stand rule i'll think he'll shine.

Because of his kicking skills.
Well he doesn't know where the balls going so neither will the opposition. :D
They can't setup for that.

I mentioned this last year, use him as a tagger and watch the chaos, half serious.
yeah i remember it was mentioned.
Good option for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate, if Richo's kicking can improve dramatically when taken from the forward line to the wing there is hope for George in a midfield role but I reckon he needs two months at VFL to make a successful transition
Richo was always a good field kick. George and Aarts both need to play VFL midfield so that they can learn to play proper footy again rather than the defensive forwards that eventually ruin you as a player. All our defensive forwards from Butler, Rioli, Castagna, Higgins, Aarts all went backwards the longer they played.

I honestly would prefer some of the recycled "spuds" around atm than Parker. Still has a lot to prove

Who are you happy with at Richmond? Just curious. Start at Peggy.

Hard as nails. Cheap as chips. Gives everything every time and can bob up with goals at important times.

A senior body and ideal depth for us as he fills in the mid 20s age gap. Not the best but also not the worst. Plus it's fun to watch him tackle blokes to hurt like Nank. Cant have enough of those blokes on the list imo.

One year while some of our kids develop physically and learn the cough cough game plan and Parker will no longer be needed. He's doing the Morris, Dea, Batchelor etc role and I doubt he'll play more than a dozen games with new trades and possibly some good first rounders rolling up.

One year while some of our kids develop physically and learn the cough cough game plan and Parker will no longer be needed. He's doing the Morris, Dea, Batchelor etc role and I doubt he'll play more than a dozen games with new trades and possibly some good first rounders rolling up.
If he plays more than a handful of games, it either means we've been absolutely smashed with injury, or our depth and youth is utter garbage. Either way we're in trouble if this guy is a regular in 2022.

Those guys arenโ€™t depth they are best 22 and Cumberland and Ralphsmith are still young and outside players
Parker is a Mature body

Letโ€™s say we cop a few injuryโ€™s next year and we need to someone to come in and play a role
Who are you picking?
Left or right?

View attachment 1251804View attachment 1251805View attachment 1251806View attachment 1251807View attachment 1251808
Cumberland has now been delisted, while parker retained. A lot of other options from the draft too, hopefully ready to play in 2022. Pickett was a winner. Parker not so.
Hubris from the club to retain him.

the club have decided to keep him, so I will support the decision, but I don't think it's the right one, especially at the expense of Cumberland.

IMO he's had two cracks at AFL level now, tried his absolute guts out both times, but unfortunately is very limited at the level, I'm not sure why people think he will improve, he didn't at the saints

I'm not sure why people think he will improve, he didn't at the saints
He only had 2 seasons at the Saints straight out of being drafted and the 2nd season he only played 2 games in a Covid affected year, so he didn't exactly get much chance to improve there

Remove this Banner Ad

Back