#39 Neville Jetta - Retired. Thank you Nev 🖤💛❤️

Remove this Banner Ad

His tackling and tenacity is fantastic. Also he knows how to get into position, but if his disposal improves (and has a few more shots at goal), he will be a good little unit. Wouldn't mind seeing what he can do in the back pocket.

He's certainly not a FP, but I think that is a good thing.

We have plenty of crumbers, he looks to have the attributes to either take a role in the middle or down back.

im still annoyed that Bennell was dropped for BELL! if it was for t-mac or another youngster id be ok with it but Bell!!! come on wtf is going on

I liked him in the middle, went in hard and assisted well but when looking at the goals lost all of his kicking ability...fix it Neville!

I thought he had a really good game today besides he dropped a few marks and kicked a bit poorly. he found the ball a bit and tried hard.

His issues with his speed and goal kicking still stands.

But on the plus side, his work rate and pressure is excellent for a rookie. Def does all the team things and will block, shepard and do the 1%. His general field kicking is not bad. Not as clean with his hands as i would like but adequate.

Could be a handy midfielder in the future but not a forward for mine.

He's definitely more confident in his current role. I actually don't think he is that slow, what he is doing if you look closely is spotting up short passes once they are there and he knows how much time he has. He isn't elite in speed but seems to know when he is hot and when to dish it off and I don't see too much panic in his game. Keep it up Nev.:thumbsu:

Bare with me, i may be a tad biased but i reckon the kid has potential to be something great.

The amount of times he got the ball in the game against geelong, it was like at times he had it on a string, his disposal is currently found wanting though.... REALLY WANTING.

He has had some good disposals, they do need to improve though, and once they do wow. You can't teach what he already knows, his ability to find the ball is really good, even in the first quarter he found it.

People will start to take notice, his kicks like all aboriginal to aboriginals seem to be guided missiles, but otherwise....

I'm still picking him as my adopt a demon next year though, i have moloney, i do know how to pick em hahah

Worked very hard to get back into the side after being dropped back down to Casey. Now warrants a place on form, which for a 1st year player, is a great effort.

Wasn't a high draft pick either, good work BP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wasnt cameron our selector last year?

BP = Barry Prendergast

I think Jetta will only benefit from playing in the same team as Aaron Davey and Aussie Wonamirri as they are similar type players. Connolls mentioned that he thought the game was evolving to suit indigenous players and that Jetta had a good 'change of speed' ie ability to go from creepingly slow to jaguar in a second.

He has a bit of agro about him aswel, Jetta, which is always good.

I am stoked with our indigenous players at the moment, all of them are either champions or future guns.

He's a gun. Plays on in every situation, which is great if you can kick, which he can't yet, but give him time. I can't think of a situation where's he's marked and not played on. Great attacking player, hopefully he'll develop the skills to get better with his disposal. I like him, if only for his determination to keep the ball moving forward.

I wrote this on his profile in the change rooms, though his games against geelong was great especially his first quarter. looks like he will be more than just a crumber, definately is comfortable in the midfield which will help our lack of speed there.

I wrote this on his profile in the change rooms, though his games against geelong was great especially his first quarter. looks like he will be more than just a crumber, definately is comfortable in the midfield which will help our lack of speed there.

The next person to suggest Jetta , is a crumbing forward , small forward, Jeff Farmer type, etc.. will be required to actually watch a game that he plays , read an article on him or do some research.If he were not aboriginal people would not keep elluding to it.

The next person to suggest Jetta , is a crumbing forward , small forward, Jeff Farmer type, etc.. will be required to actually watch a game that he plays , read an article on him or do some research.If he were not aboriginal people would not keep elluding to it.

*Insert Neville Jetta crumbing forward line here*

This years draft could end up being unbelievable for us.

Jack Watts
Sam Blease
James Strauss
Jamie Bennell
Neville Jetta
Rohan Bail
Liam Jurrah

Not sure how Bail is going but the rest all have the ability to form our core group for the next 10 years.

A skilful, high possession winning midfield forward who is strong overhead for his size. Was a WA U18 representative in 2008. From Carey Park JFC.

Another quick player to add to Blease.

[youtube]-Y5eAWuHyfE[/youtube]

[youtube]-j8NhG-O2pM[/youtube]

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=70128

and buys some tickets.

http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/venu...catid=711&date=2009-7-26&camefrom=CFC_AU_AFL_ AFLW

Having watched Melbourne 4 times this year, I think Jetta has alot to learn and is no certainty to develop into a so called GUN. Too many 'ifs' with him. However Jamie Bennell has been twice as impressive IMHO and I think his run and creativity will sim him turn into an important running player in your resurgence. Very impressed.

Just my neutral view!

It's amazing the racial profiling that comes with sports... I'm an NBA fan, and every time some white kid comes out of college that might have a slightly better jumpshot than some others and has a bit of height, he's immediately compared with Larry Bird, who was white, and also top-ten greatest of all time players in the league. As if there aren't a bunch of black players in the NBA with the same sort of skill set. It's almost ridiculous that it doesn't get called out at all that commentators just see indigenous players as the one skill-set and type, when there are guys like the Davey brothers running around the midfield creating play and chasing for tackles. If you're going to compare small-ish crumbing forwards, compare them to Steve Johnson. He's the best at it (in my humble opinion, which counts for exactly nought).

Having watched Melbourne 4 times this year, I think Jetta has alot to learn and is no certainty to develop into a so called GUN. Too many 'ifs' with him. However Jamie Bennell has been twice as impressive IMHO and I think his run and creativity will sim him turn into an important running player in your resurgence. Very impressed.

Just my neutral view!

Definitely agree though.

Bennell has shown he'll be a good player running out of the half back. Don't think he'll be a true midfielder but I won't count him out pinch hitting. Very smart defensively and very good offensively. If Strauss makes the grade, Bennell and Strauss will make a formidable partnership.

Jetta's more like, if he does this better, or that better, he'll be a player.

Not fast and not a great kick for goal. Not a great small forward.

He's got things going for him and he's young so he's worth persisting with in the midfield.

could be/maybe player.

This years draft could end up being unbelievable for us.

Jack Watts
Sam Blease
James Strauss
Jamie Bennell
Neville Jetta
Rohan Bail
Liam Jurrah

Not sure how Bail is going but the rest all have the ability to form our core group for the next 10 years.

that great word potential will be tossed up because of the top 3. GOT NO FREAKING IDEA, can't wait for the next year to see them on the park.

Wonder who will get delisted though, there is usually like 3 from each draft that gets delisted lol. Unless in 3 years its the top 3, though bail as people have said they are not sure but the other 3 work, we could have the best ever draft year. At least for our club lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back