Player Watch #4: Judd McVee – Round 18 Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meds He reminds me a bit of Ricky Pettard

Looks like him a bit for sure, but kicks and moves differently.
Yeah, there's a physical resemblance but it's the movement that's triggering a distant memory at the moment.

Howe is the closest thing I can think of so far, but it doesn't quite feel right.

Hopefully he doesn't get dropped for Salem/Hibberd this week so we get another look. Even if it means Cameron kicks 19 goals

Salem was best on ground in the grand final in the first quarter. He has the runs on the board. McVee doesn't pass Salem because he had 14 touches against a team with 4 giraffes in their forward line. Salem has stood up on the big stage and he's had a rough go with injuries the last 12 months. I'm backing him in to play great footy this year. And I liked what I saw in McVee.

Salem was best on ground in the grand final in the first quarter. He has the runs on the board. McVee doesn't pass Salem because he had 14 touches against a team with 4 giraffes in their forward line. Salem has stood up on the big stage and he's had a rough go with injuries the last 12 months. I'm backing him in to play great footy this year. And I liked what I saw in McVee.
I agree, but I don't think R2 at the Gabba against Cameron/Bailey/McCluggage/McCarthy is the right moment to play your first game for 6+ months. Let alone coming off a medical issue that impacts heart rate, blood pressure and weight.

Give Salem the week in the 2's and if he performs then he comes straight back in.

I agree, but I don't think R2 at the Gabba against Cameron/Bailey/McCluggage/McCarthy is the right moment to play your first game for 6+ months. Let alone coming off a medical issue that impacts heart rate, blood pressure and weight.

Give Salem the week in the 2's and if he performs then he comes straight back in.
Agree. Salem's had a pretty serious setback, better to ease him back into it. We've got fit options who look capable to fill in for a few weeks at least

Plays more like Daniel Ward than Nev from an ex Dees perspective. Ward isn't the player he reminds me of however, still doing my head in trying to work it out.
I reckon McVee’s running gait and build is similar to Jeremy Howe. Obviously doesn’t play anything like Howe.

Edit: Damn, just read a few others got the Howe vibes too!

Last edited:
McVee What an exciting young player of our future.

Now for young Howes to showup...
Would be hard for a winger to break into the side now. With Hunter coming in to run with Langdon that's pushed Jordan out who you'd think would be the replacement if either those first two get injured

Would be hard for a winger to break into the side now. With Hunter coming in to run with Langdon that's pushed Jordan out who you'd think would be the replacement if either those first two get injured
I never want to see Jordon on the wing again. He's an inside mid sitting behind Trac, Oliver, Viney, Harmes and Sparrow. Unless we get injured badly I don't see him getting anywhere near the team this year.

I'd rather him playing then Sparrow to be honest.

Sparrow's done SFA since the 2021 granny.
I'm happy enough with that but Jordon can't play any position but inside mid. Useless on the wing or at half forward.

I'm happy enough with that but Jordon can't play any position but inside mid. Useless on the wing or at half forward.
That's still better then Sparrow who legit can't play anywhere else except inside mid and on the bench.

Jordon has better spread from the contest which again something we barely see from sparrow.

But I get that Jordon isn't much of an upgrade.

I'm big on going for another established mid during the trade period that is able to come in and take Sparrow's spot and actually make a significant impact on game day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back