Retired #45: Anthony Munkara - Leaving the club, returning to Tiwi - 7/9

Remove this Banner Ad

HE'S OURS.

RookieMe profile:

One of the most prolifically talented prospects in this year’s draft pool is Anthony Munkara. The Tiwi Islands native plays with freedom and enjoyment, which rubs off on onlookers as he sets games alight with instinctual skill and a deep bag of tricks.

With senior NTFL experience under his belt, Munkara has most often been sighted tearing up South Australian college football with Westminster, but also linked up with West Adelaide for a couple SANFL Under 18 outings this year.

The leading Northern Territory talent and Essendon Next Generation Academy member also donned Australian colours as part of this year’s AFL Academy, and continued his representative experience with the Allies.

While he may not have the same amount of high-level exposure or experience as other players in his range, there is little doubting Munkara’s ability as one of the crop’s most promising forwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It felt like that piece on the AFL website was what did it.

Tippa returns and Munkara is talking about his love for Essendon.

It was almost like the message to the football world was 'don't rob the country of the opportunity to see what this could be'.

There is a lot of water to pass under the bridge and we may not get a proper look for 2 or 3 years but this guy could be the second coming.

It felt like that piece on the AFL website was what did it.

Tippa returns and Munkara is talking about his love for Essendon.

It was almost like the message to the football world was 'don't rob the country of the opportunity to see what this could be'.

There is a lot of water to pass under the bridge and we may not get a proper look for 2 or 3 years but this guy could be the second coming.

100%. If there truly are potential struggles for him to adjust Tippa will be great for him, and the project of helping Munkara adjust will be great for Tippa too.

Also having a Tiwi on board should also help.

Watching him
  • glide for marks
  • burst through tackles
  • light step through the tightest of traffic
  • weight handbells so teammates take it at top speed
  • ease lace-out passes in traffic with a style that doesn't telegraph it to the defenders

If he can build a tank to play midfield, the sky is the limit. Could be anything. But most importantly, I'm just going to enjoy watching him play. He's going to make a mockery of the game sometimes.

100%. If there truly are potential struggles for him to adjust Tippa will be great for him, and the project of helping Munkara adjust will be great for Tippa too.

Also having a Tiwi on board should also help.

We should be doing everything possible to get Eddie Betts across. Mentoring the Davey boys already but the other indigenous boys would love him, none more than this boy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We should be doing everything possible to get Eddie Betts across. Mentoring the Davey boys already but the other indigenous boys would love him, none more than this boy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Eddie has quit the cats for some other interests. I'd love him onboard as a coach/mentor for our fwds and as part of the tiwi academy/first nations programs.

First up, lets get a game up in the NT going. Would love to move dreamtime to alice or darwin each year.

Eddie has quit the cats for some other interests. I'd love him onboard as a coach/mentor for our fwds and as part of the tiwi academy/first nations programs.

First up, lets get a game up in the NT going. Would love to move dreamtime to alice or darwin each year.
Great and sensible idea!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back