Past Josh Deluca

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't much mind who we take, as long as we take them to play in their position. If we pass on Lowson, take Dunkley, and drop him in a forward pocket, I'll be extremely unimpressed.

Quoting myself here - have to admit to a little bit of apprehension about this selection. Not a criticism of Josh himself, I hope he goes on to have a wonderful and successful career with us, but for the club to have already made comments about him being "able to pay inside, outside midfield, and as a small forward" has me a bit concerned that we're going to take a quality state league midfielder, and park him in a forward pocket because we' don't have any better options there.

Fingers crossed when he gets his chance in the VFL he's able to dominate a few games out of the middle and demand selection in his preferred position.

Mil Hanna, now there's a haircut you could set your watch to.

Also a tale of two grand final stories. One of anger and rage and the other of guts and determination.

1993 -- when Essendon had the lead early. What he provided across half back and the wing was the one thing Essendon couldn't stop as seen previously that season. Sheedy sent Dean Wallis out with one mission. End Mil's day. Robbed us of any chance of coming back into that grand final.

1995 -- Mil (and Parko) knew that he had one good half of football in him. He had 13 disposals and 5 marks to half time and played his absolute best. I believe he sat on the bench for the entire second half as his teammates held their measure.

We could talk about how amazing Walsh is, how good of a mark Harry is, what Charlie can do when in form and so on. I think Deluca might be something special and be the guy that inspires his team mates.

If they hear his story about nearly losing his career, i feel this guy could bring more to our team than just his on field role. Think some of our boys will dig even deeper having Deluca in our group.

Welcome legend!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back