Player Watch #5: Brandon Ellis - off to GC pick 39 as compo

Remove this Banner Ad

FMD it’s Ike an alternate universe exists where we’ve had players re-sign and Ellis hasn’t put contract talks on hold and isn’t a FA this year and probably at the stage of his career where he can get his biggest pay day and in reality that would be at another club because we have a salary cap with players on serious money.
If he stays full credit to him for showing loyalty and leaving serious money on the table, but it’s just delusional to completely dismiss the very real possibility that it will happen.
Whats that got to do with your ludicrous comment he's a fringe 22? Everyone, even his supporters know it's a real possibility he could leave.

Whats that got to do with your ludicrous comment he's a fringe 22? Everyone, even his supporters know it's a real possibility he could leave.
Does he play a position with heaps of competition for spots?

FMD it’s Ike an alternate universe exists where we’ve had players re-sign and Ellis hasn’t put contract talks on hold and isn’t a FA this year and probably at the stage of his career where he can get his biggest pay day and in reality that would be at another club because we have a salary cap with players on serious money.
If he stays full credit to him for showing loyalty and leaving serious money on the table, but it’s just delusional to completely dismiss the very real possibility that it will happen.
You are arguing with the minority. It’s reality v hope. You said nothing wrong , but the truth. Even if you acknowledged Ellis for doing well you would be accused of trolling.
I’m not fussed if we keep him or lose him, but if he stays he will need to sacrifice a large chunk of money.
I think he has some improvements as a footballer which could make him more lethal, but I’ve been saying this for seven years now.

Does he play a position with heaps of competition for spots?
We have a few vying for his position but aren't good enough to force him out.

With the upcoming Lions game its good to note he's the 4th highest ranked Tiger against the Lions in the last 5 years, and 9th highest ranked Tiger against them in the last 18 years.

Not bad for a "fringe" player.

We have a few vying for his position but aren't good enough to force him out.

With the upcoming Lions game its good to note he's the 4th highest ranked Tiger against the Lions in the last 5 years, and 9th highest ranked Tiger against them in the last 18 years.

Not bad for a "fringe" player.

Cos they’re 18 and 19 but one of them already played some games this year (and went pretty well) and they are both dominating the VFL. On the TT podcast they were even saying Naish could be a chance for the Liston this year. Make no mistakes, unless something unforeseen happens, Ellis’ days are numbered.

Ok the childish games end now.

Some of you are acting like knobs and in all honesty its petty and offers nothing constructive to the board.

You know who you are.

Going forward anyone who wants to bait, play the man or just post flog like comments is getting a permanent thread ban and possible points.

What pisses me off the most is we give a lot of leeway on this board as discussion and debate is healthy as we are all passionate.

A lot of other boards you would have been banned long ago. We like to give the benefit of the doubt, all we ask is don't take the piss in return.

But a select few just have to keep abusing that leeway then cry foul when they see something they don't like.

So your options are:

1) debate / discuss like normal, civil people
2) put posters on ignore if you don't like their opinion
3) leave the thread for your own sanity (and everyone elses)
4) get thread banned and points.

This ends now.

Sterge tugga NaturalDisaster

I don’t think the description fringe best 22 is that unreasonable. It’s not a knock on Ellis either it’s testament to how good we are now because he was once well up higher.
Think his omission from the finals last year is evidence of him being in that 15-25 range and he has to play damn well to stay in and he has been.
No different for K-Mac and the like and it’s a great thing.

I don’t think the description fringe best 22 is that unreasonable. It’s not a knock on Ellis either it’s testament to how good we are now because he was once well up higher.
Think his omission from the finals last year is evidence of him being in that 15-25 range and he has to play damn well to stay in and he has been.
Thread ban for you RD as you’re baiting. 😋

To be honest outside of say the top 10 anyone is only ever one poor game away from being dropped and it’s bloody awesome.
Remember those days when we just had to keep playing people who just weren’t getting it done week in, week out...

Eew

To be honest outside of say the top 10 anyone is only ever one poor game away from being dropped and it’s bloody awesome.
Remember those days when we just had to keep playing people who just weren’t getting it done week in, week out...

Eew
Agree I remember about ten years ago I asked my brother to name ten A grade Tigers after 1990. We bloody struggled to get five.

What did I say that was wrong?
He’s a good player, but the fact that he’s probably 16-22 in our team is a testament to why we are so strong and makes him fringe best 22 especially with young guys in the vfl pushing for his spot.
fact or probably 16-22, which is it? He’s above best 16

No one is pushing for his spot at the moment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fact or probably 16-22, which is it? He’s above best 16

No one is pushing for his spot at the moment
Its laughable the "fringe22" crew.
Ellis is comfortably in the B&F top ten and thats with 14 players playing over 17 games in an injury plagued year, he's had 6 coaches votes games, big online organizations like Footywire have had him in the "six key Richmond players" in the last 13 games, ive already mentioned his Lions rankings, i mean 9th best ranked Richmond player againsed Brisbane in the last 18 years? thats not bad for a fringe player, and for some reason the "other" winger was dropped, not Ellis, and the haters here keep going on about how valuable he would be to another club. Constantly comedy hour here with his detractors.

Really?

Richo, daffy, maxfield, Campbell, kellaway, kellaway, Broderick, free, gale, ottens, Bowden, Cameron, coughlan

Possibles , turner, gasper and m gale
I said A graders and you have three there IMO. You’ve missed one important one out. Again it’s open to what you consider to be A grade.

Rate Brando. Sure he’s replaceable compared to a key position player or a rolled gold mid, but I’d rather have him in the side than not.

I get that his experience profile demands a higher wage and we are probably better letting him go than trying to meet his expectations but will be sad to see him go

Perfect example was when Caddy got injured and couldn’t get back in.
Ridiculous how the comment was taken it’s not meant as a degrading term

Ok, I thought I put him in, I used to get haircuts based on him was one of my favourites, anyway, yes he’s in there congrats we agree on something

You thought a thought.
But the thought you thought wasn't the thought you thought you thought.
If the thought you thought you thought had been the thought you thought,
you wouldn't have thought so much.

Perfect example was when Caddy got injured and couldn’t get back in.
Ridiculous how the comment was taken it’s not meant as a degrading term
I don’t think Brando would be under any illusions either as I’m sure he recalls being dropped for last years finals and it’s holding him in good stead.
As you mentioned Caddy then KMac, Graham, Rioli, Baker, Broad, Higgins, Stack, Bolton, and on it goes... Ellis is in that group, a group who have to keep eachother accountable and have felt the selectors axe,and people who aren’t looking to be upset would recognize that and see it as a strength and not people just trying to pot or isolate Brandon Ellis.

Its laughable the "fringe22" crew.
Ellis is comfortably in the B&F top ten and thats with 14 players playing over 17 games in an injury plagued year, he's had 6 coaches votes games, big online organizations like Footywire have had him in the "six key Richmond players" in the last 13 games, ive already mentioned his Lions rankings, i mean 9th best ranked Richmond player againsed Brisbane in the last 18 years? thats not bad for a fringe player, and for some reason the "other" winger was dropped, not Ellis, and the haters here keep going on about how valuable he would be to another club. Constantly comedy hour here with his detractors.
I still see this as a holdover attitude from our poor years. Always looking for something to fix and someone to blame even now when things are going great.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back