Player Watch #5: Brandon Ellis - off to GC pick 39 as compo

Remove this Banner Ad

Had a great year, hope he stays, he is a great link man and arguably our best runner which is so important these days, plus he has really been putting his head over the ball lately which is great to see.

if a club offers him 500k plus then fair enough if he leaves, nonetheless been a great servant for the club and a premiership player

Will say it again if we go into a big high pressure game where room to move is at a premium then Ellis is the last player i want to see selected.

Think Mopey might have a point. Was hoping to find something to defend Brandon with but...... Has played six finals and had minimal impact statistically, even though he was always in good form leading into the finals. The coaching panel may have pulled the right level in 2018 finals when he was left out - will be interesting to see what they do this year. I hope he has found the resilience he needs, the focus the game demands and gets the role he deserves this finals series.
Description
Oppo
Result
K
HB
D
M
G
B
T
HO
GA
I50
CL
CG
R50
FF
FA
BL
2013 Elimination Final​
7​
5​
5​
1​
0​
5​
0​
0​
0​
1​
1​
0​
0​
1​
Round 23 he had a 35 possession game and 2 Brownlow Votes
2014 Elimination Final​
9​
11​
3​
0​
0​
3​
0​
0​
0​
0​
3​
4​
0​
0​
Round 23 against the Buddyless Swans he had a very good game with 27 touches and 8 rebound 50's
2015 Elimination Final​
5​
5​
1​
0​
0​
3​
0​
0​
1​
2​
3​
1​
0​
2​
Round 23 against what was virtually Norths 2nds he had a very good game with 26 touches
2017 Qualifying Final​
Cats
7​
2​
2​
0​
0​
4​
0​
0​
1​
0​
0​
1​
0​
0​
2017 Preliminary Final​
6​
6​
3​
0​
0​
2​
0​
0​
1​
0​
2​
1​
0​
1​
2017 Grand Final​
10​
4​
3​
0​
0​
3​
0​
0​
3​
0​
0​
1​
1​
0​
Round 23 has 30 touches to be among the best.

Last edited:
The exact opposite for my, in high pressure games Ellis who is Richmond's hardest runner (along with Lambert) is precisely what is required, not stagnant players who are afraid to take the game on
Not having a go here but you really arent serious or actually watching games when you say he takes the game on. FMD it has to be one of the biggest criticisms of this bloke who is actually a huge momentum killer. who is not only afraid of contact but is terrified of making a mistake.

Yep he sure has high K/E stats because he always takes the easy option nearly always going sideways or backwards. I have mates who have no hair left over this.

Not having a go here but you really arent serious or actually watching games when you say he takes the game on. FMD it has to be one of the biggest criticisms of this bloke who is actually a huge momentum killer. who is not only afraid of contact but is terrified of making a mistake.

Yep he sure has high K/E stats because he always takes the easy option nearly always going sideways or backwards. I have mates who have no hair left over this.
Mate you need to take a leaf out of Dimms's hand book on coaching the one that won the 2017 GF for him/us in regards to BEllis...

Mate you need to take a leaf out of Dimms's hand book on coaching the one that won the 2017 GF for him/us in regards to BEllis...

Once read that Sir Ken Hinkley and Sir Ross Lyon were the writers of the modern footy handbook on coaching.

Haere Ra

BRANDON ELLIS (RICHMOND)

Draft picks: Second-round pick (compensation)
Value on open market: $500,000-600,000 per season

Luke Dahlhaus' $2 million deal over four years should be used as the guide. If Ellis can edge over $500,000 a season and add a fifth year, the Tigers could get lucky and land an end of first-round selection.

afl.com.au//what-are-they-worth-kelly-coniglio-martin-and-all-the-other-trade-targets

:moustache:

BRANDON ELLIS (RICHMOND)

Luke Dahlhaus' $2 million deal over four years should be used as the guide. If Ellis can edge over $500,000 a season and add a fifth year, the Tigers could get lucky and land an end of first-round selection.

afl.com.au//what-are-they-worth-kelly-coniglio-martin-and-all-the-other-trade-targets

Meanwhile the article states that 31 year old Goldstein and Tomlinson get end of first round compo but their estimated salary value is the same because big men are worth more.

Last time I checked compo picks were based on things contract value, B&F results and age not how tall someone is.

Meanwhile the article states that 31 year old Goldstein and Tomlinson get end of first round compo but their estimated salary value is the same because big men are worth more.

Last time I checked compo picks were based on things contract value, B&F results and age not how tall someone is.
Just the author picking a choosing to suit their idea of value really.

Very confident if Ellis leaves via free agency we will get that end of first rounder. Money age and length of contract all in his favour.

BRANDON ELLIS (RICHMOND)

Would need a $650k x 4 years to get us a end of 1st rounder imo

if the reports are true that Carlton & North are into him its a possibility

we need the GC suns to enter the game

What a joke Brandon Ellis was drafted as a 1st round pick! and was premiership player at age 23, I completely disagree with article compensation wise, money wise seems spot on, We got a first round pick for Brett Deledio for crying out loud who's body was cooked... Ellis has his best footy ahead of him and is in he's prime. I'd rather us keep him Butler will probably need to go to free up cap room as I can't see him getting a game next year.

What a joke Brandon Ellis was drafted as a 1st round pick! and was premiership player at age 23, I completely disagree with article compensation wise, money wise seems spot on, We got a first round pick for Brett Deledio for crying out loud who's body was cooked... Ellis has his best footy ahead of him and is in he's prime. I'd rather us keep him Butler will probably need to go to free up cap room as I can't see him getting a game next year.
Compo is based on the salary isn't it?

Absolutely disgraceful effort on the wing highlighted for the whole world by the commentators

There’s not being a hard nut and then there’s just bricking it in a simple contest. Should he dropped on that. When it’s your turn to go, you go. Well that doesn’t even count as a turn to go and he still didn’t go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely disgraceful effort on the wing highlighted for the whole world by the commentators

There’s not being a hard nut and then there’s just bricking it in a simple contest. Should he dropped on that. When it’s your turn to go, you go. Well that doesn’t even count as a turn to go and he still didn’t go.
PMSL, and whilst your at it, go kick a puppy.

Yeah poor effort no doubt and as they said he would have not been happy with it himself, but there have been some genuine head over the ball stuff from him as well even when outnumbered. Not saying that he is a contested bull but to say he never put his head over it is a fallacy.

First average game for Ellis in a very long time, has the credits this year, hasn’t been bad enough to sook either

When we beat Collingwood and surge into the top 4 but your excitement comes from bagging Ellis.....gee

No words really, just sad.

Have fun tonight boys I'm as happy as larry

thats cause your too short sighted to see the ellis sup par efforts potentially having a big part to play in losing a pre-lim

When we beat Collingwood and surge into the top 4 but your excitement comes from bagging Ellis.....gee

No words really, just sad.

Have fun tonight boys I'm as happy as larry
Amazing isn't it. Awesome win, but the usual suspects just have to come in here to bag a current player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back