Player Watch #5: Brandon Ellis - off to GC pick 39 as compo

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol the implication was against kiddies in a romp he was pretty average again.

Somewhere along the line hes bound to have a good game, lets hope its sooner rather than later, i can see people jumping all over this thread when it happens and the i told yo so's will be flying.
Seems the feel good crowd only want to talk about things when they are good.

By my reckoning thats 7 in a row and we should be at the very least talking about him going back to the two's.
I reckon he's been ok in 3 out of the 4 games so far.
Not every player is in top form all of the time and if the coaching staff rate him...
Not much to talk about him either way.
Not looking at AA selection and not looking likely to be dropped either.

I reckon he's been ok in 3 out of the 4 games so far.
Not every player is in top form all of the time and if the coaching staff rate him...
Not much to talk about him either way.
Not looking at AA selection and not looking likely to be dropped either.
Well well you think him okay in 3 out of 4!!!!! we do have the bar set low for our favorites.

Funny thats what Hardwick said not every player plays at there best from the horses mouth eh.
One thing Damien didnt say was its one thing to be at a little off your best but its another altogether to be ordinary for a long period.You shouldn't believe everything the coaches tell ya.

Clearly the coaching staff like him to bits no one is arguing that.Id go as far to say hes a favorite and almost untouchable for the wrong reasons.

Your right theres not much to talk about hes been that poor.

Finally the last point hes never likely to be AA and they should be looking at his form over the last 7 games it says he should be dropped.

Last edited:

Pretty sure he is running on some crazy length of consecutive games at the moment.
I feel like he is too comfortable.

I would drop him, but he would literally have to have a month of absolute stinkers for the coaching staff to consider it.
He’ll never get dropped bc of his elite running capacity which no kid in the twos can offer yet. Forgot to mention he could be used as trade bait bc in another Years time we could have replacements that are better and cheaper.
For this year Brando still plays ones

Lol the implication was against kiddies in a romp he was pretty average again.

Somewhere along the line hes bound to have a good game, lets hope its sooner rather than later, i can see people jumping all over this thread when it happens and the i told yo so's will be flying.
Seems the feel good crowd only want to talk about things when they are good.

By my reckoning thats 7 in a row and we should be at the very least talking about him going back to the two's.
You should go to the Conca thread as some bloke in a drunken state mentioned Conca in the same breath as Prestia and the usual fanboi parade jumped on. It’s become a comedy in there.

Well well you think him okay in 3 out of 4!!!!! we do have the bar set low for our favorites.
Any player that runs out in the Yellow & Black is a "favourite"
Seriously though, why would it be a low bar for a member of our premiership team?
We are three and one and three quarters of the team can get better and I just can't see any reason why any have to be singled out for bagging.
If the selection panel, who are far, far better qualified than you and me, keep him in the side then I'll support that decision, same with every player.
Pretty simple, really.

1/ Any player that runs out in the Yellow & Black is a "favourite"
2/Seriously though, why would it be a low bar for a member of our premiership team?
3/We are three and one and three quarters of the team can get better and I just can't see any reason why any have to be singled out for bagging.
4/If the selection panel, who are far, far better qualified than you and me, keep him in the side then I'll support that decision, same with every player.
Pretty simple, really.

1/ thats just a nonsense. i know heaps of supporters of ours and differing teams who dislike players as players.Just because they have a tiger jumper on it doesnt mean they are good players.

2/ What your saying that no premiership player ever has been average ordinary etc.and we should not be dropping players or criticising their games because they won a flag, wow.

3/ Yep 3 and 1 and have not played well in three of them in fact many players have been ordinary. do we now exclude players from scrutiny because we have won and they are premiership players. Ellis isnt being bagged its nothing more than him being scrutinised.

4/ So the selectors never get it wrong and we should never question their selections.I for one can not support a decision when i think its wrong and they do get things wrong at times.But none are stopping you going along with what they say and do for no other reason than its the club and they say so. we are used to that from many around here.

1/ thats just a nonsense. i know heaps of supporters of ours and differing teams who dislike players as players.Just because they have a tiger jumper on it doesnt mean they are good players.

2/ What your saying that no premiership player ever has been average ordinary etc.and we should not be dropping players or criticising their games because they won a flag, wow.

3/ Yep 3 and 1 and have not played well in three of them in fact many players have been ordinary. do we now exclude players from scrutiny because we have won and they are premiership players. Ellis isnt being bagged its nothing more than him being scrutinised.

4/ So the selectors never get it wrong and we should never question their selections.I for one can not support a decision when i think its wrong and they do get things wrong at times.
Your opinions differ from mine. Your "method of support" differs from mine.
TBH, I'm reasonably happy for this to be the case.
Daryl Freame is still one of my "favourites"
And what's this "we" shouldn't be dropping players, the match committee does that.
If you want to constantly criticise players then that is your right, I've never said otherwise.
I would hazard a guess that the selectors have got it right a hell of a lot more than they've got it wrong recently.
Above reproach, no but I don't pretend to be more informed that them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've always rated and defended him on here but I've been slightly disappointed in his start. Not that he has been bad, he hasn't but I thought he might go another level this year and really start breaking lines, being more damaging but he has stunted a little.

He is 24 years old and was a first round pick, imo should be better than just a role player.

I've always rated and defended him on here but I've been slightly disappointed in his start. Not that he has been bad, he hasn't but I thought he might go another level this year and really start breaking lines, being more damaging but he has stunted a little.

He is 24 years old and was a first round pick, imo should be better than just a role player.
Fair comments, but still only 4 rounds in, has had a few shaky kicks and moments BUT for some on here, like it or not he's been part of our best backline at Tigerland since the early 80s or b4 that. Once Reece gained fitness, rhythm and his true form a few hyenas were always going to move in on to the Ellis boys since Presty, Edwards, and Houli were so good in September, Poor Grigga [whos been great] is probably next in line one once brandon hits some form. :rolleyes:

Fair comments, but still only 4 rounds in, has had a few shaky kicks and moments BUT for some on here, like it or not he's been part of our best backline at Tigerland since the early 80s or b4 that. Once Reece gained fitness, rhythm and his true form a few hyenas were always going to move in on to the Ellis boys since Presty, Edwards, and Houli were so good in September, Poor Grigga [whos been great] is probably next in line one once brandon hits some form. :rolleyes:
As soon as one of them struggles for a bit of form the usual suspects will pile in with their superior footy minds and tell us all how bad so and so is. Notice how none of them have questioned the likes of Graham or Townsend or Lambert as they struggled to have the same impact they had to end last season. You have to wonder why that is given they are always so keen to point out how others have so many deficiencies that should see them banished from the team forever.

As soon as one of them struggles for a bit of form the usual suspects will pile in with their superior footy minds and tell us all how bad so and so is. Notice how none of them have questioned the likes of Graham or Townsend or Lambert as they struggled to have the same impact they had to end last season. You have to wonder why that is given they are always so keen to point out how others have so many deficiencies that should see them banished from the team forever.
yep, a few days after our GF... i revisited the presty, astbury, sheds, bacher, grigg, and bellis threads and wondered how we did it as these fellas should have been delisted, traded for peanuts or never pulled on a tigers jumper ever again. :p

yep, a few days after our GF... i revisited the presty, astbury, sheds, bacher, grigg, and bellis threads and wondered how we did it as these fellas should have been delisted, traded for peanuts or never pulled on a tigers jumper ever again. :p
Yes and I visited the Yarran , TV , Hampson , Morris , Chapman threads and I could have sworn you copy and pasted the same rubbish as in recent threads.
Your problem is you’re a poor liar bc you have a poor memory . We may get a few wrong , but you will always err more bc you cannot form an opinion from observation, so you back every player on the list. Now since KDH how many players have we delisted? Subtract five from that number and that’s how far I’m ahead of you . See how simple it is to criticise ???

Yes and I visited the Yarran , TV , Hampson , Morris , Chapman threads and I could have sworn you copy and pasted the same rubbish as in recent threads.
Your problem is you’re a poor liar bc you have a poor memory . We may get a few wrong , but you will always err more bc you cannot form an opinion from observation, so you back every player on the list. Now since KDH how many players have we delisted? Subtract five from that number and that’s how far I’m ahead of you . See how simple it is to criticise ???
My beef is only minor about some of your criticisms spesh if they are reasonable and constructive, my major beef is when our boys are insulted, ridiculed, belittled and made the butt of jokes... that crap should be saved for the opposition.
Never had time for chapman btw, and maybe i rarely critisize coz i have better appreciation/understanding of certain things - like how hard it is to play the games for starters and also players get delisted and traded for many reasons never for being hopeless or cowards.

Yes and once one of them loses form, invariably someone like you will bob up in another thread telling us how it's time to recall that ball magnet and tackling beast from the West, Corey Ellis. As you say 'so many deficiencies', 'struggle to make an impact' etc.
Yes your superior mind does us all wonders!

Was slightly worried about Marlon Brandos start to the year especially the first two rounds was panicking in traffic and when he got the ball was a blast kick to get rid of it when he had plenty of time to settle and hit a pass or handball.. Last few weeks I think he has started to get back to last year's form and composing him self and using the ball quite well on most occasions. . Love the way he shows passion for the club when the song gets sung he is one that sings it with a lot of gusto everytime and always gets around his team mates on the field so I have no doubt he will give his all to improve and we will be seeing Brando back to his best in no time. .

Was slightly worried about Marlon Brandos start to the year especially the first two rounds was panicking in traffic and when he got the ball was a blast kick to get rid of it when he had plenty of time to settle and hit a pass or handball.. Last few weeks I think he has started to get back to last year's form and composing him self and using the ball quite well on most occasions. . Love the way he shows passion for the club when the song gets sung he is one that sings it with a lot of gusto everytime and always gets around his team mates on the field so I have no doubt he will give his all to improve and we will be seeing Brando back to his best in no time. .

I sang the song with gusto after last year's grand final ... and after nearly win the last 45 years.
Should I get a game for that?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back