#6 Brodie Grundy – Melbourne legend

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly, I can't wait to see how this works. Our two ruckmen now have eight AAs and four B&Fs between them, lol.

Pick 27 is good business – good luck, Brodie!

Also, please title it under "player watch" please Scythe94 ...makes it so much easier to find players when they are all under the same category.

Im dying to hear danster168 's thoughts
I just asked him and he reckons it's an amazing bit of business by Tim Lamb to bring in a better version of Jackson for half the cost with Collingwood still paying a portion of his salary. Very impressed was he that we held firm when Collingwood threatened to walk away.

Terrible decision. Both need to play in the midfield, neither are really goal kickers, both are on massive money. How did the club not learn from the Preuss debacle???

Danster's alt account?

Terrible decision. Both need to play in the midfield, neither are really goal kickers, both are on massive money. How did the club not learn from the Preuss debacle???
Because if nothing else, Grundy is an identical player to Preuss, yeah?

Preuss is a lumbering galoot that can't pick up the ball from below his knees, and plays about one in every five games due to injury and suspension.

Besides their height, they are literally nothing alike.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As expected? I think it's more likely that Melbourne got bent over and are going to have salary cap issues and be giving away a good player next year.
I predicted this exact scenario the other day. We would fold on Jackson and Collingwood would fold on Grundy because that's what happens when you don't have any leverage.

Our trading since Paul Roos has for the most part been an absolute success as has our cap management. Just cause nuffies think we deserve ten times better deals than what is realistic doesn't mean we got screwed. It's telling that theres a bunch of idiots on both the Collingwood and Melbourne board melting over the same deal, same as the Jackson deal and and the Freo board.

Last edited by a moderator:

Preuss is a lumbering galoot that can't pick up the ball from below his knees, and plays about one in every five games due to injury and suspension.

Dont speak ill of the Spruce Pruess please.

Dont speak ill of the Spruce Pruess please.
I love him, he was my avatar for years. Doesn't change the fact that he's a big dope who looks more like a WWE wrestler than a footballer

The typical nuffie response is to misquote and then argue against it. Well done on your low IQ post.

All three players can only play in the ruck, that is how they are alike and that is the problem.

I love him, he was my avatar for years. Doesn't change the fact that he's a big dope who looks more like a WWE wrestler than a footballer

The man could kick a footy. He does do that better than Grundy.

Social media team been patiently sitting on that gem for a couple of weeks.
Would love to see all the pre-prepared social media posts made for deals that never actually manifested.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back