It’s still November and they said he should be running in a couple of weeksPeople clinging onto Joe being dominant for us this year are kidding themselves. He isn't even running and wont influence this year.
We need to structure up without him and plan for the future, he won't influential in 2019 and will be wearing a different jumper in 2020.
- plays first game in 2020 on Anzac Day, wins Anzac medal, kicking 4.7, GOTY & MOTY contender- doesn't play in 2020
- takes a mid July "holiday" overseas which is more a temporary residential move
- press release from his manager during finals that Joe intends to "walk away from the game" and bears no ill will toward the club
- releases a line of fashion headwear and accessories, which gains initial traction but is ultimately unsuccessful
- briefly entertains the idea of a football comeback with the swans in 2023
- intends on suing Essendon with the matter settled out of court for an undisclosed sum
If Joe kicks 64 goals and only gets him 3rd in the BnF... 1st and 2nd must've been impressive.My 2020 predictions
- Won't make a decision on 2021 and beyond until the end of the season. New fitness staff along with Joe's increased rehab work over the summer will provide a strong base for the year
- will play 20 games (rested for the other two+ games)
- 64 goals 39 behinds
- Group of 40 for AA
- 3rd in B/F
- Sydney will offer a contract which we will match
Yeah the hire car with the massive $5000 insurance excess because you didn't waive it. Ends up costing you.stuff the cotton wool - if hes Sydney bound lets run him into the ground
like that hire car you took over speed bumps at 120kmh - eh, itll buff out i'm sure
Didn't we pay the excess at the start of the last contract?Yeah the hire car with the massive $5000 insurance excess because you didn't waive it. Ends up costing you.
We break him too early or he has a noticeable setback it hurts us with compensation.
The best case scenario is he lights it up, helps us accomplish something on field and then walks for the absolute maximum compo either via trade or AFL compensation.
Very harsh on Skipworth. What evidence do you have that this was the case? It was sudden because Tarkyn Lockyer accepted an AFL role and in turn Pies appointed Skip to Head of Academy.Skippys sudden departure says he wasn’t a bloke we’d want around Daniher.
You don’t abandon your post day one of preseason. You’ve had all off season to move on, you’ve committed to the cause. It’s an unprofessional move.Very harsh on Skipworth. What evidence do you have that this was the case? It was sudden because Tarkyn Lockyer accepted an AFL role and in turn Pies appointed Skip to Head of Academy.