Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher - derp Brisbane player

Remove this Banner Ad

source.gif

I will say that it is reaching fork in the road time for Joe now that he is going at around 75% as it is the next stage where it can fall over again and that is directional change and kicking on the run at around 100%. Have been hearing a lot of different things as you would expect ranging from so far so goo and on track to questions on him making the next step. I suppose time will tell.

I will say that it is reaching fork in the road time for Joe now that he is going at around 75% as it is the next stage where it can fall over again and that is directional change and kicking on the run at around 100%. Have been hearing a lot of different things as you would expect ranging from so far so goo and on track to questions on him making the next step. I suppose time will tell.
Maybe we need share market gifs ready.

Don't suppose you've heard if he's any happier than he was. Stewart's interview gave me plenty of heart in terms of the impact on happiness and well-being of being able to recuperate. Fingers crossed for Joe's outlook obviously.

Maybe we need share market gifs ready.

Don't suppose you've heard if he's any happier than he was. Stewart's interview gave me plenty of heart in terms of the impact on happiness and well-being of being able to recuperate. Fingers crossed for Joe's outlook obviously.

Hard to get a read on it. He looks happy and has a few very close mates at the club but given it was never really about the club it is hard for people to know.

Joe apparently living in Daylesford now, hopefully that takes care of his need to be out of the Melbourne fishbowl :moustache:

Fairly positive article here...has lost 6 kilos...

Buddys contract as it stands is 1.4mil for 2020, 1.5mil for 2021 and 1mil for 2022. I believe the AFL had a clause that even if Buddy retired, that money would be included in Sydneys salary cap.

yes you are correct.

I also believe they cant just move him to LTI list either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bellchambers said on radio that he is going to ramp up soon (repeated on SEN) so i gues we find out either way.

Its an interesting situation. If he comes back and plays a majority of games post return, his potential sydney offer goes up and increases our potential compensation if we lose him. If he gets back to playing here will he change his mind about leaving?

On the other hand, if he breaks down then is Sydney willing to take him on and have two injury riddled KPFs on their list with a reduced salary cap and list spots on the horizon. If so is Joe willing to take a far more reduced deal than what he might expect and what he might get here?

Make or break indeed....

It'll be telling when he starts training with a ball. The action of kicking will be the hardest on the groin. This isn't like an ACL.

He was running and kicking for an hour today apparently

I wonder if he will maybe lose a bit of distance on the kicks. Especially those huge launches from 60 out.

I think last week he put through a torp off 1 step from a fair way out.

He won't lose his distance it's all about being able to do it over and over.

Sure, but if you do it once you're more likely to do it again. And again. Self preservation might come into it no?

He will need to be very careful. Knocks from the side that push him off his line when he is at full stretch in marking and ruck contests in particular could cause problems for him.

Let’s hope we keep him away from the ruck if and when.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back