Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
North fans on twitter ******* delicious teardrops get in my mouth!

This was literally going to be the highlight of their season alongside not coming last and beating Adelaide. Not just Ben Brown making AA, but it had to be instead of Joe Daniher. It seems like that was really really important to them. I've never seen fans angst so much about our team while we continue to live our lives not actually thinking about them ever.

The belief that an extra goal made it a lock ******* priceless.

North fans on twitter ******* delicious teardrops get in my mouth!

This was literally going to be the highlight of their season alongside not coming last and beating Adelaide. Not just Ben Brown making AA, but it had to be instead of Joe Daniher. It seems like that was really really important to them. I've never seen fans angst so much about our team while we continue to live our lives not actually thinking about them ever.

The belief that an extra goal made it a lock ******* priceless.

All there is left is for Martin to stay at Richmond hahahaha

Norf fans saying Brown would get in if it was picked on statistics.

1ab4.png

Last edited:
Considering the All Australian side only had one ruckman (Patrick Ryder). Daniher's ability to go in the ruck certainly helped his selection. Ben Brown had to displace Josh Kennedy (West Coast) as they both play the same role, whereas Franklin plays higher up the ground and Daniher plays forward and relief rucks.

Also Brown the campaigner unsurprisingly not naming Joe

88ebe185506150714e5e4faceddf07f4
I don't give a s**t that Brown hates Essendon, but it shouldn't come through in his commentary. And it does.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The entire forum is in meltdown

funny reading

Love this one "Tarrant destroyed daniher. Every good defender did. Brown destroyed the best defenders. In a lower side. More goals. Nuff said"

lol - watch football much? Tarrant didn't even play against us this year. The funny thing is the other 10 north supporters liked the post..... learned bunch they are.

The worst thing about the AA side is it is so very open for interpretation. Generally all players that get in are deserving and there are just as many left out that would also have been deserving.

Anyone saying Daniher didn't deserve a gig has rocks in their head. Brown also had a superb year and absolutely deserved to be in contention.

funny reading

Love this one "Tarrant destroyed daniher. Every good defender did. Brown destroyed the best defenders. In a lower side. More goals. Nuff said"

lol - watch football much? Tarrant didn't even play against us this year. The funny thing is the other 10 north supporters liked the post..... learned bunch they are.
Legitimately the funniest post in that entire s**t stream.

Hilarious

Enough talk about the North board in this thread, thanks.
Yep, "Delusional Pearlers" is the right thread for them

Last edited:
I wish I knew how to link the NAB mini-legends video - if you gave Facebook, please look for it.

Joey absolute made a child's day. You can just see the joy on this kid's face.

Joey's ability is special, but the little things like that are probably a touch more special.

Quality bloke.

EDIT: https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/afl/news/joe-daniher-surprises-his-mini-legend-on-set-of-nab-ad
That is absolute Gold!!!

Thats exactly what footy is all about for a kid.

Joey is a genuinely good bloke.

Last edited:
I wish I knew how to link the NAB mini-legends video - if you gave Facebook, please look for it.

Joey absolute made a child's day. You can just see the joy on this kid's face.

Joey's ability is special, but the little things like that are probably a touch more special.

Quality bloke.

EDIT: https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/afl/news/joe-daniher-surprises-his-mini-legend-on-set-of-nab-ad

Loved that video, Joey is just a big kid anyway.

His stupid smile is so infectious.

Daniher's goalkicking chart this year.

Comes from here, which provides a good discussion of the tendencies of this year's major goalkickers.

Observations:

• Daniher is a little bit like a mix between Buddy and Brown. He can venture outside 50 and nail the long bombs, but is also a contested marking monster nearer to goal. He's kicked the third most goals from outside 50 (behind Buddy and Tex) but also the third most goals from inside 15m (behind Garlett and Betts).
  • Joe's accuracy close to goal has been phenomenal this year. He's kicked 25.1 from shots within 30m out and right in front.
  • His accuracy from all other shots has been a bit more of a rollercoaster. After a solid month following a dreadful round 6 vs Melbourne where he kicked 1.6, the media was awash with articles on how Joe had fixed his kicking worries. Of course, as I write about a lot here, goal-kicking has a huge random component and Daniher finished out the season kicking straight some weeks and inaccurately others averaging out to just about what we would've expected him to kick given the chances he created.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back