Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
did he factor in all the OOF?
I think that chart is from figuring footy, which I think includes OOTF. No idea where he gets his source data from though as ootf is not a published stat and the spot where it's kicked from isn't recorded anywhere except in the commentary (e.g. "50m out on the left hand boundary"). The only way I can get ootf data is to reverse engineer it from the accuracy percentages available on the AFL website (it's a lot of work to do it that way and there's no easy way to import data, it's all manual copy and paste).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a fan of setting a goal-based target for Joe... not a super high one anyway. I would be happy with 60 again if his influence was consistently dominant and the team around him performed.

Joey doing well 5 seasons in just like Lynch and Cameron. All three have won 1 AA. Since the start of 2014, Daniher has only missed 2 games out of 90 :fire:.
View attachment 414724
Anyone judging players before the have finished a 4th season should really check Josh Kennedy there, hardly the best start to a career for a gun key forward especially compared to the rest of those guys. Just goes to show you shouldn't write players off early. Not the same position but a little comparison for first 3 years

Josh Kennedy 29 games, 18 goals
Kyle Langford 31 games, 19 goals
Jayden Laverde 23 games, 14 goals

Well we're going on the theory that he played his first 6 games at less than 100% and his last 4 games injured, that's effectively 10 games where his output was 50% lower than average. Fit, he should kick 90.

I could see him getting somewhere in the 70's. Avg 3 this year will likely peak at 4. He'd be no doubt the most valuable player if he went over 4 a game.

I want him to get to 250 goals next year (career, not in a year)
If he doesn't kick 250 goals in the 2018 season he's failed.

He is wasted pinch hitting in the ruck IMO
Disagree. Remember Anzac Day when the Pies were briefly getting on top? He moved into the ruck and snuffed that out nice and quickly.

Well we're going on the theory that he played his first 6 games at less than 100% and his last 4 games injured, that's effectively 10 games where his output was 50% lower than average. Fit, he should kick 90.
All AFL players play a number of games every season at under 100% fitness.

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back