Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he gets pushed in the back he gets pushed in the back. Both times he exaggerated over last two weeks he was definitely pushed in the back as he was leaping. If he does it when he is not being infringed that is staging and not a good thing.

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk

I hate to make a small criticism because he's been so so so so good.

But Joey

THE HUGE, EXAGERRATED DIVES FORWARD IN THE RUCK AND MARKING CONTESTS

STOP IT. STOP IT NOW.

It's ****in embarrassing and he should be ashamed of it. It's so ******* transparent it's comical. Is he doing it for a joke? How has somebody at the club not pulled him up?
Completely agree. I hate it when players exaggerate contact. One day he will do it without anyone touching him and he'll be called a diver for the rest of his career.

Remember after the game against Melbourne and a lot of people were all over Joe? Hooker is class, he will bounce back. images (6).jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has he changed your opinion of him yet?

What a strange post - We are discussing how JD has taken his game to a new level in 2017 - So we are looking at reasons for this improvement - Playing in the ruck allows him to use his mobility and get involved in more scoring chains, while Hooker makes sure his opponent is accountable, which gives JD more space in the forward line - The Swan's game in 2017 when he tried to out-wrestle Grundy was the turning point in his career - He hasn't looked back.

3 year deal brings him out of contract just in time for free agency (under current rules anyway). Be interesting to see what kind of money he'll be on after that.
3 years works well for both parties I feel.

He now has 3 years to make himself the best player in the AFL and then he will get a significant pay rise.

3 years works well for both parties I feel.

He now has 3 years to make himself the best player in the AFL and then he will get a significant pay rise.
I agree. And he'll come out of contract at the same time as Heppell, a year before Zach and Hooker. Wouldn't want them all coming out of contract at once, that'd be terrifying.

Without going all yaco, but I called this 2 years ago.

It slowly crept into his game, big dramatic dives trying to milk the ump. Looks like when things aren't going his way he falls back to it, needs to be told he'll do 200 crunches at training every time he does it.

I haven't overly noticed this in JD's game - He still has trouble on occasions holding his ground in one-on-one situations - Will watch this more closely.

3 year deal brings him out of contract just in time for free agency (under current rules anyway). Be interesting to see what kind of money he'll be on after that.
Well now I won't sleep easy for 3 years. Thanks.

What a strange post - We are discussing how JD has taken his game to a new level in 2017 - So we are looking at reasons for this improvement - Playing in the ruck allows him to use his mobility and get involved in more scoring chains, while Hooker makes sure his opponent is accountable, which gives JD more space in the forward line - The Swan's game in 2017 when he tried to out-wrestle Grundy was the turning point in his career - He hasn't looked back.
It's not strange. You have said his entire career you don't think he'll be a great forward, that the hype is misguided.
So, I ask again. Has he changed your opinion of him yet?
Personally, he has confirmed for me this year what I've always known, he will be a star.

It's not strange. You have said his entire career you don't think he'll be a great forward, that the hype is misguided.
So, I ask again. Has he changed your opinion of him yet?
Personally, he has confirmed for me this year what I've always known, he will be a star.

No, I haven't changed my opinion - Posted at the time he had deficiencies in his game which he needed to be addressed for him to be a very good forward, let alone a great forward - He's definitely improved his deficiencies ( though his set shot goal-kicking is still hit and miss ) but he has maximixed his strengths with the undoubted assistance of the coaching team - JD understanding his game along has been the critical factor in his continued growth - He's not at the stage of being a very good tall forward - Is he elite at the moment ? No. Is he heading that way ? Probably. Is he a great forward or will he a great forward ? It's too early to call and there's much water to go under the bridge.

No, I haven't changed my opinion - Posted at the time he had deficiencies in his game which he needed to be addressed for him to be a very good forward, let alone a great forward - He's definitely improved his deficiencies ( though his set shot goal-kicking is still hit and miss ) but he has maximixed his strengths with the undoubted assistance of the coaching team - JD understanding his game along has been the critical factor in his continued growth - He's not at the stage of being a very good tall forward - Is he elite at the moment ? No. Is he heading that way ? Probably. Is he a great forward or will he a great forward ? It's too early to call and there's much water to go under the bridge.
Ok, no probs. Just let us know when you catch up with the rest of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back